Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm getting ready to book a room for the july 4th time frame. How does Poly handle these two nights, with reference to fireworks and extra crowds, etc. (July 3rd, 4th).?

Thanks.
I just booked 7/5-8. I have plans on the 4th but still want to be at Disney at this fun time.

Maybe I'll see you at the pool :flower3:

We stayed in a Bungalow back in October for 2 nights and to be honest, the horns didn't bother us and I'm a very light sleeper. I do hate to say, we became spoiled to the space and the Kitchen with the bungalows.

I’ve asked this before but since you’ve stayed there ...

In the bedroom with the small murphy bed, could you also fit a pack n play WHILE the murphy bed is pulled out and in use? Someone told me yes but looking at video tours I’m skeptical.

I’ve asked this before but since you’ve stayed there ...

In the bedroom with the small murphy bed, could you also fit a pack n play WHILE the murphy bed is pulled out and in use? Someone told me yes but looking at video tours I’m skeptical.
Yes. You can just move the footstool from the chair. It’s pretty roomy. We are a family of 5, kids aged 7, 13, 14. The daybed isn’t a pullout so it doesn’t take up additional room when it’s in the bed position

I'm coming to WDW in March for a three day business conference at the CR and I'll be staying at the Poly for my first time. I've been here with the family in the past and stayed at POFQ, POR, All Star Music, and CR. It is exciting to read the forums and learn about this really fun looking resort.

I wish the family were coming, but it looks like I'll be alone. Maybe the wife can slip down for a couple of days. We took the kids out of school for a week at DLR in November and that's probably enough missed school for one year at high school.

Anyway, since I'll be at the conference most of the day and riding the monorail back and forth to the CR, I'd like to request a room close to the main building. I read Tikiman's site (awesome by the way) and it looks like I want to go with Niue or possibly Rarotonga. Can I request a specific building? The patio looks pretty fun too. Can I request first floor? What are my chances of getting my request?

Second question - my flight arrives about 9:30 am on a Sunday morning. I'll take ME and I figure I'll arrive at the Poly around 11:30 am, just a guess there. Check in isn't until 3:00 pm. If my room isn't ready I can have bell services store my luggage while I go find something to eat at Disney Springs. Are my chances better to get my request if I do online check-in in advance, or wait until I get to the resort at 11:30 and talk to a nice CM at the front desk? What are people's experience with arriving before check in time?

So my understanding is if you check in online and you request your room to be ready it will trump all your other requests. I think the first floor request will be easily granted, and requesting the building is good too BUT there is never any guarantee to any request but if I was a betting woman I would bet youd get the first floor with no issues..

Id go ahead and call in the building and first floor request

IMG_2504.jpg
I'm coming to WDW in March for a three day business conference at the CR and I'll be staying at the Poly for my first time. I've been here with the family in the past and stayed at POFQ, POR, All Star Music, and CR. It is exciting to read the forums and learn about this really fun looking resort.

I wish the family were coming, but it looks like I'll be alone. Maybe the wife can slip down for a couple of days. We took the kids out of school for a week at DLR in November and that's probably enough missed school for one year at high school.

Anyway, since I'll be at the conference most of the day and riding the monorail back and forth to the CR, I'd like to request a room close to the main building. I read Tikiman's site (awesome by the way) and it looks like I want to go with Niue or possibly Rarotonga. Can I request a specific building? The patio looks pretty fun too. Can I request first floor? What are my chances of getting my request?

Second question - my flight arrives about 9:30 am on a Sunday morning. I'll take ME and I figure I'll arrive at the Poly around 11:30 am, just a guess there. Check in isn't until 3:00 pm. If my room isn't ready I can have bell services store my luggage while I go find something to eat at Disney Springs. Are my chances better to get my request if I do online check-in in advance, or wait until I get to the resort at 11:30 and talk to a nice CM at the front desk? What are people's experience with arriving before check in time?
If you get a text with your room number and it's not what you want go the lobby and tell them your request . They will look to see if they have availability.

2nd, when we arrive early it's easier to eat at the mono resorts or MK for lunch. It takes a long time to get to and from DS. Now if you aren't going to parks and just need a time filler that is a great option.

3rd security is now on the monorail so,if go to Epcot you have to go through security at poly then again at ttc. We prefer to walk to ttc and get on E monorail there. It's a reasonably short walk.

Last room number is building #, then floor number than room #
My 4215 last visit I accepted. It didn't have a balcony but was available early and I saw the view looked to be decent towards the marina.

Hope these tips help.

This poly princess can't wait for summer and next visitprincess:

Last edited:
FD048B32-C5C2-4817-AFFE-BC70DD95D71B.jpeg

We stayed in Aotearoa and it was plenty close to the main building. We faced the monorail and it was very nice and quiet. We wanted a balcony rather than a patio. I did not get my building request (wanted Fiji) but did get a balcony. I checked in online but didn’t select getting my room early. They seemed to grant that anyway though as we got our room notification the minute we stepped off the magical express around 10:30 am. Even though I originally wanted to wait for a room to get the building we wanted, it was so nice to have our room early after being up since 3 am for our flight. And the building we got was great.

This was our view.

I just read about Fancy the duck on another thread. My DD and I were looking forward to meeting Fancy on our upcoming trip. Apparently Fancy has disappeared. Now we are crying over this poor animal we have never met, not to mention knew nothing about before today.
If anyone has any up to date information, we would appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter