Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we used Touring Plans fax for the room request last Nov, we ended up getting the room next door to the one we asked for! Just a thought.

Hi!
We have our first time Poly booked this coming August. I have some questions:
1. Can you view the Castle, fireworks from the pool? Google maps is not clear. does the pool get super crowded at night for that? My mom would Need a chair to sit and the Kids and I can run around. I assume that fireworks are at 9 or 10pm. Also don't the main pools Close at 10pm? So if fireworks are at 10, do they kick you out then?

2. Room Service: the Ohana Feast meal for 40 bucks.. How HUGE is this serving? been seeing on YouTube that one serving Looks to fill 2 or 3 People? Any comments.

3. Also I took a look at the maps,, we have a Standard view.. I think we are ok with any Location as the far out house are for DVC, correct? If we are used to PoR distances, even Tovalu and Roteoroa are "Close" and those seem the furtherst.

4. What requests can you make when checking in online for a Standard view? I assume house, and Level? I was wondering if best to have TA make requests or do it on the Online.. Faxing for me is a PIA.. thanks!

Good morning. We will be there in August too! One of the reasons we keep going back is being able to view the fireworks from the pool,in the pool if you want, they usually start at 9 and they usually pipe the music in. I can’t answer your other questions, but the poly is wonderful, it’s like being transported away to a tropical island. Have a great time.

Hi!
We have our first time Poly booked this coming August. I have some questions:
1. Can you view the Castle, fireworks from the pool? Google maps is not clear. does the pool get super crowded at night for that? My mom would Need a chair to sit and the Kids and I can run around. I assume that fireworks are at 9 or 10pm. Also don't the main pools Close at 10pm? So if fireworks are at 10, do they kick you out then?

2. Room Service: the Ohana Feast meal for 40 bucks.. How HUGE is this serving? been seeing on YouTube that one serving Looks to fill 2 or 3 People? Any comments.

3. Also I took a look at the maps,, we have a Standard view.. I think we are ok with any Location as the far out house are for DVC, correct? If we are used to PoR distances, even Tovalu and Roteoroa are "Close" and those seem the furtherst.

4. What requests can you make when checking in online for a Standard view? I assume house, and Level? I was wondering if best to have TA make requests or do it on the Online.. Faxing for me is a PIA.. thanks!

1. Most people move to the beach area for the fireworks for a good view. There are some chairs in the beach area. We always tried to get there about a half hour before the fireworks to make sure we got chairs. When it is time for the pool to close, it closes and they do kick people out.

2. We have never ordered the Ohana feast, but from what I've read, one serving is plenty for two people.

3. Poly is a fairly small resort, nothing is too far from the GCH or the pool. We always book Standard View and request Rarotonga. It is right next door to the GCH and the Oasis pool is right out it's back door.

4. There are very few requests you can make for online check in anymore, your best bet will be to have your TA call your requests in and have them added to your reservation. Only one time did we not get our request when we did this.

1. Most people move to the beach area for the fireworks for a good view. There are some chairs in the beach area. We always tried to get there about a half hour before the fireworks to make sure we got chairs. When it is time for the pool to close, it closes and they do kick people out.

FYI - there were no chairs on the beach when I was there a couple of weeks ago :sad1: Not sure if that's a permanent change, but it was disappointing. Other than the two swings, you had to either sit on the beach or stand. I didn't want to get sandy, so I chose to stand. The good news is the fireworks music was nice and loud :thumbsup2

FYI - there were no chairs on the beach when I was there a couple of weeks ago :sad1: Not sure if that's a permanent change, but it was disappointing. Other than the two swings, you had to either sit on the beach or stand. I didn't want to get sandy, so I chose to stand. The good news is the fireworks music was nice and loud :thumbsup2

That stinks. There used to be quite a few loungers on the beach.

Were you on the beach closest to GF or the one by the pool? I’ve noticed few loungers on the GF side my last few trips, but they’ve always still been on the beach near the pool, as recently as October?

I know, and we always grabbed a couple for the fireworks, it was awesome! I was hoping it was maybe just a temporary thing, but if they were gone last May too, maybe they're gone for good :headache:

Yeah, the loungers on the main beach have been getting less and less each trip. Last time I was there (NYE) it was down to like 5. Wouldn’t surprise me if they are all gone now. It is kind of a bummer, for sure. :-(

Were you on the beach closest to GF or the one by the pool? I’ve noticed few loungers on the GF side my last few trips, but they’ve always still been on the beach near the pool, as recently as October?

By the pool, on the beach with the bungalows in front. There was nothing along that entire beach.

Just brushing up on some Poly info ..its been a few years since our last stay at this lovely resort...but will be there to enjoy some summer fun along with with a few other Disney friends....:dance3:....looking forward to lots of resort time...:cloud9:..and the always the view from the lounge in Hawaii....:sunny:

We are going back to the poly in April, but yesterday we were able to snag an AP discount on two studios in the villas section and saved over $800! And since we will have 3 adults and 1 kid in each room, the extra bathroom will be great. We stayed in a standard view room in Samoa in December. I know the basic differences between the rooms as far as layout, etc, but trying to prepare for the things I may not think about. Like anything I should pack to help with storage since there is no dresser? How comfortable is the pullout? I'm 5'5" 130lb and think I will sleep fine, but my husband is 6'3" 230lb and I'm a little worried about him. Favorite DVC longhouse? Anything else I should know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter