Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't stay in a bungalow. Cast members would have to carry me out, kicking and screaming because I would never leave voluntarily!

We are going back to the poly in April, but yesterday we were able to snag an AP discount on two studios in the villas section and saved over $800! And since we will have 3 adults and 1 kid in each room, the extra bathroom will be great. We stayed in a standard view room in Samoa in December. I know the basic differences between the rooms as far as layout, etc, but trying to prepare for the things I may not think about. Like anything I should pack to help with storage since there is no dresser? How comfortable is the pullout? I'm 5'5" 130lb and think I will sleep fine, but my husband is 6'3" 230lb and I'm a little worried about him. Favorite DVC longhouse? Anything else I should know?
There ARE drawers under the bed, and they've got more room than you'd think. Plus there's a table in front of the sofa that's actually a chest, and you've got drawers in both bathrooms as well.

As for the pullout, I can't speak to it, but my son absolutely LOVES the little Murphy bed on the wall, and it's ideal for a kiddo.

Unfortunately I also can't speak to favorite longhouse because we've only had Lake View rooms, and they're all in Moorea, which, FWIW, we absolutely LOVED. :love:

We are going back to the poly in April, but yesterday we were able to snag an AP discount on two studios in the villas section and saved over $800! And since we will have 3 adults and 1 kid in each room, the extra bathroom will be great. We stayed in a standard view room in Samoa in December. I know the basic differences between the rooms as far as layout, etc, but trying to prepare for the things I may not think about. Like anything I should pack to help with storage since there is no dresser? How comfortable is the pullout? I'm 5'5" 130lb and think I will sleep fine, but my husband is 6'3" 230lb and I'm a little worried about him. Favorite DVC longhouse? Anything else I should know?

I can't help with the studio, but wanted to say congrats on the discount. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

We love the DVC studios and the fabulous rain shower! We have stayed in Tokelau both times on both sides of the longhouse. We were worried about the east side due to the ferry but only were bothered by the horn a few mornings since we are early risers.
We liked the west side of Tokelau near the Oasis pool because we could see MK fireworks if we were standing on our balcony. The only downside was that we were across from the Hawaii stairs.
Also, as JennLTX said, the underbed storage is actually quite roomy and there are drawers in the nightstands. I don't have any experience with the pullout, sorry. We always bring a pop up hamper with us for our stay which comes in handy and can be left behind. And with the DVC laundry over at Moorea, it comes in handy.

Hi all!
Joining the thread to keep on top of all the latest news, before our trip in August. It will be our first (very exciting) time at the Poly!!!
I was just wondering if anyone had attempted to use the Grand Floridians gym and if that is even still allowed?

Hi all!
Joining the thread to keep on top of all the latest news, before our trip in August. It will be our first (very exciting) time at the Poly!!!
I was just wondering if anyone had attempted to use the Grand Floridians gym and if that is even still allowed?

Yes, Poly guests can use the gym at the GF. It’s a shortish/pleasant walk - actually a nice warm up. I think it’s a pretty good little gym, for hotel standards.

Hope you have a great trip!

Where is Grand Floridian's spa located in reference to the Poly? Is it easier to walk or hop on the monorail to get there?

Where is Grand Floridian's spa located in reference to the Poly? Is it easier to walk or hop on the monorail to get there?

The map below should help. Building with the red circle. Across from the wedding chapel, before you get to the Villas building. It'd be shorter to walk. BTW, the fitness center is also in the same building.

Hope that helps!

Map w Senses Spa.png

Yes, Poly guests can use the gym at the GF. It’s a shortish/pleasant walk - actually a nice warm up. I think it’s a pretty good little gym, for hotel standards.

Hope you have a great trip!
I love that walk. Went by the Wedding Pavilion when a bride and groom were having pictures taken with their party, and couldn't help yelling "You look beautiful!!!" And, in what I think bodes well for the marriage, the groom yelled, "Thank you! But I think she looks better!!!" :rotfl2:

Does anyone know about Easter baskets being sold at the Poly? We are flying in on Easter Sunday. I don't know if I should pre-buy from Disney Floral and Gifts. At this point, their selection is not impressing me. Or, should I wait till we get there and sneak off to buy something while DH stays with my DDs. Thanks.

Any clarification on whether or not the side of Rarotonga facing the pool is standard view or pool view? We previously stayed in Fiji facing the beach and Grand floridian and loved it, but that was 3 years ago when the smaller pool was closed for construction. I’m thinking this time it would be nice to be closer to a pool and GC. It would also be nice to try something new :) Does the one side of Rarotonga that faces the monorail have views of a parking lot? I’d prefer not to look at a parking lot.... very torn on what to request.

Our trip is in April when MK opens at 8am. What time does the resort monorail start running to get to the park?

Just changed our 3 night CSR stay to Poly deluxe studio. I'm very excited! I have changed resorts so often this trip DH & DS just roll their eyes at me when I bring up another resort but Poly has been on the wish list for a while. I plan on this being my last change...Anyway, I'm looking for a suggestion for room requests. Which one of the 3 longhouses should I request? We are 3 adults, so walking isn't a problem. Are the upper floors a good request? This will be our 2nd cash DVC stay so pretty clueless about the best requests (which I do understand are only requests).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter