• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were very pleased to be in Rarotonga, Room 1814 and 1815. We had a King on the first floor as requested with a view of the Oasis Pool entrance which was extremely convenient. We actually viewed fireworks from our patio a few times. The other nights we viewed them from Cali Grill and from Seven Seas Lagoon during our private fireworks cruise. I had wanted to view them from the pool, but it probably would have been crowded, and that's not my thing. Our room (1814) had a hand held shower massage which we have at home, but DD (1815 on the monorail side) had a standard shower head, and she ended up showering in our room. Mousekeeping came in the morning while we were in the parks and were gone by early afternoon when we returned, so we didn't have to deal with the security checks widely complained about on the DIS Boards. No towel animals, but one day, they did leave one of our leis in the shape of a heart on our bed. Toiletries and towels were regularly replenished. Toilet paper not so much, but they responded quickly when we called for more, and as I said in another post, when DH needed conditioner, they came with a bag full of shampoo and conditioner.

We are at the BC right now and we had 1/4 inch of toilet paper left and mousekeepign did not leave any after the room cleaning today! I had to go track one down.

Can anyone confirm if the bathtubs still have a clothesline in them for drying swimsuits? We are not DVC.

Some 7/4 pics I never got around to posting.....

Lots of room doors were decorated. This was my fav. Looked like something my ds would have done as a boy.

A16A5A2F-0390-4C47-A494-1BF47AD1C3FC.jpeg

The signs posted by beach.
D94B2651-5F80-4A99-B526-D599058C8CC3.jpeg 562C3E55-4489-41A7-9FDA-239347B31DEF.jpeg
These were left in our room for th 4th. We were staying cl this trip.
A61F3255-CE8D-4623-B6AF-6F15C8B11E6B.jpeg

Random grounds pics....

2329BBCA-6F62-465C-9652-A1505B7073CD.jpeg 96E284A5-56A5-4F9D-AF11-0A183FEFFE4A.jpeg B573544F-B5D9-4839-B13D-663A5212D553.jpeg
The beach set up for cl guests. We loved it until the rain came :(
5578055C-E7BA-4DE3-95D5-4557EEF31104.jpeg 085599FC-BEB2-4971-970D-FFE3D3424987.jpeg

I posted this before but they were yummy and thought you might want to see them again. The blueberry one :cloud9:
7D6BFDDB-C931-4D5A-B111-9C62CB374D62.jpeg

Last edited:

Can anyone confirm if the bathtubs still have a clothesline in them for drying swimsuits? We are not DVC.

We have stayed in Samoa twice and both rooms did not have the clothesline. I miss it (moderate resorts have them). There's only a hook on the wall which practically hangs over the toilet so I didn't want to hang wet over the toilet. We hung ours over our pool towels on the chairs on our balcony.

Any updates on the Tambu Lounge refurb? I believe it was supposed to start around now.

We have stayed in Samoa twice and both rooms did not have the clothesline. I miss it (moderate resorts have them). There's only a hook on the wall which practically hangs over the toilet so I didn't want to hang wet over the toilet. We hung ours over our pool towels on the chairs on our balcony.
I miss them too. We used hangers to hang them in the bathroom.

Tomorrow morning we are boarding a plane and heading to Disney for our first stay at the poly!!!!! I’m beyond excited!!!!!:yay:

Hope you are having a great time! :jumping1:

Really, there isn't a bad spot at poly!

However, you can ask if a different location is available if you don't like what you get. Poly has always been good about looking at inventory for another room.

I agree! :thumbsup2

Midway through our stay and the Poly has been awesome. I have not experienced long lines or crowded pools. Plenty of toiletries that are refreshed daily.

Glad you're having a great time and enjoying the Poly :goodvibes.

Well, it turns out my husband has to go to Orlando for business the first week of October, so our split stay at AKL and Contemporary is now kicking off with a visit at Polynesian first! I am so so excited. We're just staying in a standard view room with 2 queens, but I've never stayed here and have wanted to all my life! I can't wait to mail coconuts to all of my unsuspecting friends. Thank you to everyone who posts pictures and gives updates and info, it is so appreciated.

Do you mind saying what building/room number you got? We have Lagoon view booked for next summer and I’m looking for suggestions. Thanks!

We were in Aoteroa 3224. Great view of the GF and partial fireworks. For a better fireworks view you would want rooms 3222, 3221, 3220, etc.

Hi all. Excited to post that Polynesian is our new home. Joined DVC last year and this November will be our first stay here. We can’t wait.

Congratulations! We just purchased as well but at Copper Creek, however our first stay is at the Poly in September. I totally understand your excitement! We have always wanted to try it and could never bring ourselves to pay for it. Hope you have a great stay and wonderful trip! Welcome Home!

Hi all. Excited to post that Polynesian is our new home. Joined DVC last year and this November will be our first stay here. We can’t wait.

Welcome! We are recent Poly owners, too. Our first stay is extremely soon, but at Boardwalk. I’ve booked Poly for the Star Wars races next year in April, will be great! Have fun in November!

Well, it turns out my husband has to go to Orlando for business the first week of October, so our split stay at AKL and Contemporary is now kicking off with a visit at Polynesian first! I am so so excited. We're just staying in a standard view room with 2 queens, but I've never stayed here and have wanted to all my life! I can't wait to mail coconuts to all of my unsuspecting friends. Thank you to everyone who posts pictures and gives updates and info, it is so appreciated.

How exciting to add nights to your trip! The Poly is amazing, you will love it! Hope you have a great time :wizard:.

Congrats on the DVC purchase. Hope you have a great time at the Poly in November :).

Congratulations! We just purchased as well but at Copper Creek, however our first stay is at the Poly in September. I totally understand your excitement! We have always wanted to try it and could never bring ourselves to pay for it. Hope you have a great stay and wonderful trip! Welcome Home!

Hope you have a great time at the Poly, as well as all of your future DVC trips :goodvibes.

Single digit dance :dogdance::cool1::banana::dancer:party::woohoo:

:yay: :cheer2:

Welcome! We are recent Poly owners, too. Our first stay is extremely soon, but at Boardwalk. I’ve booked Poly for the Star Wars races next year in April, will be great! Have fun in November!

Congrats! Hope you have a great time at the Boardwalk! Enjoy the planning for your April Poly trip :wizard:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter