Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

I saw the post from tiki man, however the comments I saw on the page stated tambu was still open as of a couple of hours ago.

After 5 wonderful nights at the BC, seriously I miss the pool....we got our room was ready text while eating lunch in Epcot yesterday. I was beyond thrilled to be in Ratonga (my fav is still Tokelau). We are facing the monorail, which I am good with since I love the monorail (um..see my user name) and on the 1st floor.

My son and I went to the pool yesterday only to get kicked out for torrential rain and I guess they heard thunder, so he and I dripped off outside while it poured. I went back to the oasis pool after the rain for a bit to swim. It was my first time swimming there since the change. All those years of the pool being in the other direction! I am just glad it isn’t too shallow!

First thoughts, I missed SAB, especially my tired achy feet rubbing on the sand. But as I was swimming in the oasis pool, I realized this was home to me. So as much as I enjoyed the BC, I enjoy it so much more here.

We have been in WDW since Wednesday. Monday myself and my older 2 kids went to DHS for opening. The boat wasn’t running from the BC so we walked, powered walked! We made it there between 15-20 min. We ride slinky once again and they did RnR while I sat and waited for them. We hoped on the boat and had over 7000 steps by 7:30am! Brought our luggage to bell services and went to Epcot for park opening. Got my room text while we were in Mexico so we left shortly after that.

My dh wanted to down Minnie van vs Disney transferring our luggage but when he made the Lyft he didn’t and we just got a minivan, lol! Hey it was 1/2 the price.

He was surprised as I passed the desk and went straight to our room.

We went to the MK last night. My only complaint is that the resort monorail was not running efficiently. Seriously i saw monorail blue/light blue/turquoise come by twice on the express before we saw one on the resort line. Not sure if I would complain but we are paying big buck to stay here and where is the monorail! I know they breakdown but wouldn’t both lines be down?

Off to get ready. Headed to blizzard beach.

After 5 wonderful nights at the BC, seriously I miss the pool....we got our room was ready text while eating lunch in Epcot yesterday. I was beyond thrilled to be in Ratonga (my fav is still Tokelau). We are facing the monorail, which I am good with since I love the monorail (um..see my user name) and on the 1st floor.

My son and I went to the pool yesterday only to get kicked out for torrential rain and I guess they heard thunder, so he and I dripped off outside while it poured. I went back to the oasis pool after the rain for a bit to swim. It was my first time swimming there since the change. All those years of the pool being in the other direction! I am just glad it isn’t too shallow!

First thoughts, I missed SAB, especially my tired achy feet rubbing on the sand. But as I was swimming in the oasis pool, I realized this was home to me. So as much as I enjoyed the BC, I enjoy it so much more here.

We have been in WDW since Wednesday. Monday myself and my older 2 kids went to DHS for opening. The boat wasn’t running from the BC so we walked, powered walked! We made it there between 15-20 min. We ride slinky once again and they did RnR while I sat and waited for them. We hoped on the boat and had over 7000 steps by 7:30am! Brought our luggage to bell services and went to Epcot for park opening. Got my room text while we were in Mexico so we left shortly after that.

My dh wanted to down Minnie van vs Disney transferring our luggage but when he made the Lyft he didn’t and we just got a minivan, lol! Hey it was 1/2 the price.

He was surprised as I passed the desk and went straight to our room.

We went to the MK last night. My only complaint is that the resort monorail was not running efficiently. Seriously i saw monorail blue/light blue/turquoise come by twice on the express before we saw one on the resort line. Not sure if I would complain but we are paying big buck to stay here and where is the monorail! I know they breakdown but wouldn’t both lines be down?

Off to get ready. Headed to blizzard beach.

Aside from the monorail not running efficiently, sounds like you're having a nice time. Glad you enjoyed the BC, I hope the rest of your time at the Poly is as enjoyable. Have fun at BB :).

So is tambu lounge refurb delayed or in progress? So saw tikiman post but also that lounge was still open

Checking in Saturday and wasn’t sure

So is tambu lounge refurb delayed or in progress? So saw tikiman post but also that lounge was still open

I am sitting at Ohanas right now and it is open!
Checking in Saturday and wasn’t sure

It really depends on the day of the week, time of the month and which season. I will note that it is often easier to get in after 8 PM when children must leave along with anyone under 21.

Dave

Well, it turns out my husband has to go to Orlando for business the first week of October, so our split stay at AKL and Contemporary is now kicking off with a visit at Polynesian first! I am so so excited. We're just staying in a standard view room with 2 queens, but I've never stayed here and have wanted to all my life! I can't wait to mail coconuts to all of my unsuspecting friends. Thank you to everyone who posts pictures and gives updates and info, it is so appreciated.

just FYI. i stopped by BouTiki last week and didn't see any of the coconuts on sale.

We didn't see them either during our week, 7-19 - 7-26. I really wanted to mail a bunch out.

in the past they have been available at the Carribean Beach resort as well as Plaza del Sol Caribe Bazaar at The Pirates of the Caribbean attraction. i have no idea if that is currently the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter