• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arriving next week and wondering about the new location of the bus stop for Poly at HS as I have heard it's quite a
long distance from the entrance. Wondering if we would be better off taking an Uber/Lyft instead of bus. We will have a family member with limited mobility.
I think it was the 2nd furthest stop. It was a bit of a walk, but all of Disney is :)
We waited over 40mins the one afternoon for a bus back. When it got there, bus drivers changed, so it was over an hour of waiting. It was ridiculous. No communication with us whatsoever.

Arriving next week and wondering about the new location of the bus stop for Poly at HS as I have heard it's quite a
long distance from the entrance. Wondering if we would be better off taking an Uber/Lyft instead of bus. We will have a family member with limited mobility.

Have not been since the change but after a long/exhaustive thread on the topic on the TPAS board, I think if mobility issues/walking longer distances with limited shade is a concern, might want to opt for Uber/Lyft on at least one leg of the trip. From the pics I’ve seen, the current setup is OK, but not ideal.

I’ll be at the Poly in 61 days! Starting to get really excited!

Wish me oodles of pixie dust for tomorrow morning!

We are right behind you at 63 days! Hope you had good luck this morning pixiedust:.

So excited that we’ll be returning for our 2nd stay at the Poly in only 25 days!

Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Welp today is our 60 day mark! Time really is flying. All the great reports about Rarotonga have made up our mind about it so thank you. We had great success with FPs

Glad you had success with your FPs! Looks like a few of us will be at the Poly the same time :).

Poly is great isn't it??!!

It sure is ::yes::.

best longhouse to request in with a DVC standard view? TIA

Have not personally stayed in any of the DVC-side longhouses, but I’m with@Roxyfire, I vote Tokelau. Central location with mostly good views.

I’m tagging @mrsap as they were recently there (in Tokelau) and may be able to share some commentary.

Hey there! Since @GADisneyDad14 summoned me, I’d be happy to help! We just stayed in Tokelau and thought the building was lovely. We had a view of the quiet pool and a side view of the castle. We had to walk to do laundry, but it was close by. I have not stayed in any other building, so I cannot compare the others. Enjoy!

AA542A55-729E-4300-B62C-97AC4816B764.jpeg 89AABF3B-BDB3-4B1F-96CE-8F88C73A7F3B.jpeg

PS. - @GADisneyDad14 has been asking quite a bit of help from The Dark Side lately...admit it...:worship::darth:

Forgive me if this has already been posted. I'm staying at the Polynesian and Tambu is now closed and replaced with a temporary bar. I'll see if I can figure out how to post pictures.

Just experienced this on Monday and it is a LONG walk from all of the bus stops to the entrance at DHS, especially when returning to the Poly for a break in the heat of the afternoon.

Anyone there or going soon willing to take a photo of the cooler with alcohol in it and post?

I was there in April but didn’t pay attention and should have. We are looking to maybe add the DDP for our stay in a few weeks but none of us are big drinkers. We have guests also staying on our points in another room so want to see if anything might strike their fancy and increase the value of the DDP :)

Thanks!!

I'll be there in 6 days, I'll post a photo of it if no one else has by then :thumbsup2

Only two more day till our first Poly stay!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana::beach:

Have a great trip! :jumping1:

69 days for us!
Tick, tock....tick, tock....
Lots of us there at the end of October!

Sounds like October is a busy time for the Poly :goodvibes.

We hit single digits today!

Only :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1: 9 more days until our first poly stay!

Hope you have a great time and enjoy your first Poly stay :yay:.

I'll be there in 6 days, I'll post a photo of it if no one else has by then :thumbsup2

Have a great trip :banana::banana:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter