Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter (she’s 8!) informed me she wants to have a drink with an umbrella in it on her next vacation. Lol! Any chance there’s a non-alcoholic version of the Lapu Lapu? Or an “umbrella drink” at the Poly you’d recommend for an 8 year old?

There are some good non-alcoholic drinks at Trader Sam's also. My DD9 loves the Schweitzer Falls!

Any idea what's in the non-alcoholic version of the Lapu Lapu? I'd love to get one for my daughter next week but I'd prefer not to give her straight mix. I was hoping it was real juice or similar.

Any idea what's in the non-alcoholic version of the Lapu Lapu? I'd love to get one for my daughter next week but I'd prefer not to give her straight mix. I was hoping it was real juice or similar.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe the non-alcoholic Lapu Lapu is 100% pineapple and orange juice.

I do know the non-alcoholic Backstcratcher is 100% POG juice.

First time staying club level at WDW. previously experienced club level at DLR.

I have a couple of questions. Do they ever serve mickey waffles in the lounge? These were available every morning at the DLH club. Seems to be more of a special surprise at Wdw in club?

2. In the mornings, could I ask the staff to make me a mimosa? We love to sit outside and hang out with a mimosa or two.

Do they ever serve mickey waffles in the lounge? These were available every morning at the DLH club. Seems to be more of a special surprise at Wdw in club?

I stayed Poly CL in Oct and never saw waffles (was there 6 days). I've read about other CLs having them, but I don't think Poly is one of them (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

I stayed Poly CL in Oct and never saw waffles (was there 6 days). I've read about other CLs having them, but I don't think Poly is one of them (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

That’s a bummer. Part of the reason we’re thinking about switching to a standard room with the dining plan instead. I’ll want real breakfast and dinner.

Any idea on the mimosas?

I have a couple of questions. Do they ever serve mickey waffles in the lounge? These were available every morning at the DLH club. Seems to be more of a special surprise at Wdw in club?

2. In the mornings, could I ask the staff to make me a mimosa? We love to sit outside and hang out with a mimosa or two.

Yeah, Poly CL does not traditionally have Mickey waffles. As @mickeynut1 said, it happens at some other CLs on occasion (mainly thinking of GF when I say this), but not Poly. Yes, you can get a mimosa in the morning.

Poly CL is a personal fav, happy to answer any questions. I'm no DLR vet but I did stay CL there one night last year, so have a rough sense of the differences.

That’s a bummer. Part of the reason we’re thinking about switching to a standard room with the dining plan instead. I’ll want real breakfast and dinner.

Any idea on the mimosas?

I know how you feel. I love Mickey waffles and wish Poly CL had them during our stay in Oct. I couldn't answer about the mimosas, but I see GADisneyDad answered that for you :).

Hey! It’s me again...I’m trying to pass the time between now and our trip and asking questions here helps. Lol!

Have any of you rented a boat at the Poly? Is that something you can just do on the fly or do we need to book in advance? I’d like to make it a game time decision but wondered if they book up. Thanks!

Hey! It’s me again...I’m trying to pass the time between now and our trip and asking questions here helps. Lol!

Have any of you rented a boat at the Poly? Is that something you can just do on the fly or do we need to book in advance? I’d like to make it a game time decision but wondered if they book up. Thanks!
They actually cannot be booked in advance, only day of. I’m not sure how quickly they book up, but you can also rent from GF or CR if Poly’s are gone when you want to rent.

I'm sure it can happen, but I'd be surprised if any boat type actually books full on any given day. They have both pontoons and those little sprite/water dasher two-people things. I have tended to always see what looks like an abundant supply sitting at the marina.

We have rented the sea raycers or “two people things” as GADisneyDad14 put it :lmao:and pontoon boats at Poly and Contemporary and never had a problem getting one right away. Both are lots of fun, just beware of the Bay Lake police. They are very anxious! Lol I’m sure some people on this board know what I mean.

Hello! I'm looking to rent a lake view studio next year and was wondering if the ground-level rooms still had good views, or if they could potentially be obstructed? I wasn't sure if I should try to request an upper-level or not. Thanks!

Hello! I'm looking to rent a lake view studio next year and was wondering if the ground-level rooms still had good views, or if they could potentially be obstructed? I wasn't sure if I should try to request an upper-level or not. Thanks!

if you want a clear view of the lake (and the Castle beyond), because of the bungalows, you'll want to request as high a floor as possible. You can certainly still see the lake from the ground floor, but it's more like looking at the shore in front of the bungalows.

if you want a clear view of the lake (and the Castle beyond), because of the bungalows, you'll want to request as high a floor as possible. You can certainly still see the lake from the ground floor, but it's more like looking at the shore in front of the bungalows.
Thank you!!

41 days until Disney! (42 until Poly but we’re coming a day early staying at Boardwalk!) It will soon be Dole Whip time. I’m hoping for good weather for our cabana day but in case it’s not, (and because DH has been bemoaning the fact it’s been over a year since our last) I’ve book a 4 day cruise on the Dream as a surprise the day after! He’ll figure it out when I tell him to bring his passport though. pirate:

I’ll be picking ADRs when we get back for our October trip. I have lake view rooms in Moorea for us and my niece’s family for that trip. It’s their first trip to Disney although we took my grand niece last year. She’s already becoming the little Disney expert! Most exciting thing about that trip is no runDisney races and getting up a 2 am. :D

:hourglass

We have a “Lagoon View” room booked for June. I looked on the Touring Plans website to see what my options are, it shows very little rooms in that category - a handful in Tuvulu and a handful in Aotearoa. Is that really all that is available for that category? Which of those lodges do you recommend? Or should I change my category (because I’m not sure I’m thrilled with either of those choices). Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter