Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow is ADR day, the first big day to prepare for our trip in June. I normally wake up at 5:45am for work, but I have gotten used to sleeping in during Christmas break. I'm so glad to be doing this on a day off so I don't have to stress getting to work on time, but it won't be easy to wake up so early tomorrow while everyone else in the house gets to sleep. First world problem, right?

The restaurants on our list are: Cali Grill, Narcoossees, Yachtsman Steakhouse, and The Wave for dinner, and CRT, 'Ohana, Crystal Palace, and Cape May Cafe for breakfast. We have too many TS restaurants, but these are the family favorites. We are staying Club Level, so the rest of our meals will be a combination of CL Lounge food and QS.
You have a great list of restaurants there. I'm especially fond of Cali Grill 😊 Your most difficult get, IMHO is CRT.......but then again from your post you sound like a veteran at this so I imagine that resi will be first in line and at the back end of your trip. My wife and I like to mix things up as you have. Even tho our children are grown we love those character meals. I'm curious if you ever done the breakfast a Trattoria al Forno? The food is spectacular although it can get a bit loud.....but no more than Crystal Palace. Curious how this turned out for you. We have our ADR day in February and its always interesting to see how others go about it.

Have a great trip!

Doug :goofy:

You have a great list of restaurants there. I'm especially fond of Cali Grill 😊 Your most difficult get, IMHO is CRT.......but then again from your post you sound like a veteran at this so I imagine that resi will be first in line and at the back end of your trip. My wife and I like to mix things up as you have. Even tho our children are grown we love those character meals. I'm curious if you ever done the breakfast a Trattoria al Forno? The food is spectacular although it can get a bit loud.....but no more than Crystal Palace. Curious how this turned out for you. We have our ADR day in February and its always interesting to see how others go about it.

Have a great trip!

Doug :goofy:
It took some finagling, but after an hour and 20 minutes of repeatedly trying, I got it all. Yachtsman was the hardest and the one I got last. Honestly, if DH didn’t want to eat there so badly, I would have given up sooner. CRT was the first one I got. Priorities...

At 6:30, I only had breakfast booked. None of my signatures were available. I spent the next 50 minutes trying different date and time combinations to get everything.

My family woke up two hours later, and my greeting was, “You’re welcome.”

It took some finagling, but after an hour and 20 minutes of repeatedly trying, I got it all. Yachtsman was the hardest and the one I got last. Honestly, if DH didn’t want to eat there so badly, I would have given up sooner. CRT was the first one I got. Priorities...

At 6:30, I only had breakfast booked. None of my signatures were available. I spent the next 50 minutes trying different date and time combinations to get everything.

My family woke up two hours later, and my greeting was, “You’re welcome.”

Sorry it took so much time, but glad you got everything you wanted :).

I would have greeted my family the same way :laughing:.

Good morning. I just got back from my 1st stay at the Poly. I loved the location of my room (Aotearoa - 3rd floor - booked Standard view and could almost see the castle). I loved the ease of transportation

However, I can say that the rooms need a major refresh. And every single bathroom I visited in the main building were pretty icky. Yes, you could tell they had been cleaned but the bathrooms are beyond just that - they need a refurb. Unless I got a GREAT deal, I probably wouldn't stay there again.

Because I don't want to end on a downer, I did love that Capt. Cook's was open when I came back from the Christmas Party well after midnight. The staff is just so sweet. And the late night flat breads (and the ability to grab some water and chips was very welcome)

Thank you for this. I am currently booked in a Studio and was debating having my TA change me to a Standard Room. I think I will stay put in the Studio.

I was goofy and booked ‘Ohana on a whim at 3:30p on our departure day. Tragical Express is around 5:30. Do y’all think that’s enough time? I figured we really wouldn’t wait long being the first seating, and it would give us a good reason to be at the resort earlier instead of trying to squeeze out one last ride and then running lol. But if not I can cancel and look for another day. We plan on the Twilight Feast again anyway but just wanted to experience the restaurant.

I was goofy and booked ‘Ohana on a whim at 3:30p on our departure day. Tragical Express is around 5:30. Do y’all think that’s enough time? I figured we really wouldn’t wait long being the first seating, and it would give us a good reason to be at the resort earlier instead of trying to squeeze out one last ride and then running lol. But if not I can cancel and look for another day. We plan on the Twilight Feast again anyway but just wanted to experience the restaurant.

I think it's enough time, especially since your DME pick up is at the Poly :).

Disappointed with the Poly club level NYE festivities. I was at the Contemporary CL a few years back and they were handing out hats and champagne an hour or two before the fireworks. At the poly I had to go out of my way to ask for the hats and when asking about the champagne they were adamant that it wouldn't come out until 10 minutes before midnight - during the fireworks show! (we were going to watch from our patio) had one of the family members get it as the fireworks started and then we went back to the club almost immediately after the fireworks and, of course, champagne service had ended.
Did they offer the champagne for the club seats on the beach?

And completely unrelated - WHY'D THEY REMOVE THE PALM TREES FROM IN FRONT OF THE HAWAII BUILDING?! (MK side)

Some Poly observations for record keeping.

The holiday soundtrack switched back to the normal background music on 1/2. Thank goodness. It was making me crazy.

The new beach speakers I posted about above work VERY well. They make the background music audio all over the beach (and in the Hawaii rooms) quite loud. Borderline too loud, but after years of on/off bad audio around that area I’m not complaining one bit. HEA audio all around the beach area is the best I’ve heard in years.

Seemed like most of the decorations were down today when we left.

Some Poly observations for record keeping.

The holiday soundtrack switched back to the normal background music on 1/2. Thank goodness. It was making me crazy.

The new beach speakers I posted about above work VERY well. They make the background music audio all over the beach (and in the Hawaii rooms) quite loud. Borderline too loud, but after years of on/off bad audio around that area I’m not complaining one bit. HEA audio all around the beach area is the best I’ve heard in years.

Seemed like most of the decorations were down today when we left.

You weren't the only one - was driving my dad bonkers. Worse, their holiday tune rotation was only 45 minutes until it repeated. They need to get a few more songs into the rotation.

Another observation - no music at the bus stop/walkway. Saw the speakers there but they seemed to be turned off.

You weren't the only one - was driving my dad bonkers. Worse, their holiday tune rotation was only 45 minutes until it repeated. They need to get a few more songs into the rotation.

Another observation - no music at the bus stop/walkway. Saw the speakers there but they seemed to be turned off.

Yeah, I’ve joked - somewhat tongue in cheek - about the Poly holiday soundtrack on here before. While a pretty small thing to gripe around, it’s way to short a play list and after awhile it starts to get under my skin.

Agree, there was practically no background audio in other parts of the resort. The walk to the TTC was soooo quiet.

Yeah, I’ve joked - somewhat tongue in cheek - about the Poly holiday soundtrack on here before. While a pretty small thing to gripe around, it’s way to short a play list and after awhile it starts to get under my skin.

Agree, there was practically no background audio in other parts of the resort. The walk to the TTC was soooo quiet.

Really, in this day and age of spotify and digital music it's unfathomable that not only do they NOT have a longer playlist (that Hawaiian Children's choir tune haunts me throughout the year) but the tunes should change not only seasonally but during the day (morning, afternoon and evening set). It's not like there's a giant tape player next to the manager's office these days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter