Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We leave for WDW in a week and looking at the weather it looks like we might have pool temperatures. I wondered if someone could give me information on the Volcano Slide. We’re taking our four year old DGS, nonswimmer, who isn’t tall enough to use the slide yet at our club. Is there a height requirement for the slide? And I assume they have puddle jumpers there like the other resorts? Would I be able to walk him up and my husband be in the pool to retrieve him. He’s fine to swim with a puddle jumper.

Also, thanks for the information on the Epcot monorail! That’s our Epcot day, I’d have been in a pickle getting to that POO reservation. We’ll just minivan I suppose.

We leave for WDW in a week and looking at the weather it looks like we might have pool temperatures. I wondered if someone could give me information on the Volcano Slide. We’re taking our four year old DGS, nonswimmer, who isn’t tall enough to use the slide yet at our club. Is there a height requirement for the slide? And I assume they have puddle jumpers there like the other resorts? Would I be able to walk him up and my husband be in the pool to retrieve him. He’s fine to swim with a puddle jumper.

Also, thanks for the information on the Epcot monorail! That’s our Epcot day, I’d have been in a pickle getting to that POO reservation. We’ll just minivan I suppose.

We just got back today. :-( Were fortune to have swimming weather every day but one! Hope the weather stays warm for you as well.

For the Volcano slide, there isn’t a height requirement. And yes, there are normal life jackets of various sizes available. At 4 we’d put our DD in a life jacket and just hang around near the bottom. Yes, one adult can walk up and another can wait below. You can see the top waiting area if you’re a bit away from the splash down area, but you can’t really see the top waiting area if you’re closer to the splash down area. We’d usually just hang back a bit to get a visual on when she was coming, then quickly step / swim over closer to the splash down area. The water force will ‘push’ a child in a life jacket towards you at the bottom. This will make more sense when there, it’s pretty easy.

At 4, I suspect your DD will love the kids play area as well. There are two slides of smaller sizes that are perfect for many kids.

We took a last morning swim this AM at pool opening, DD5 was in tears as we had to go in to leave. My kids have always loved the Poly pools.

Hope you have a great trip.

We just got back today. :-( Were fortune to have swimming weather every day but one! Hope the weather stays warm for you as well.

For the Volcano slide, there isn’t a height requirement. And yes, there are normal life jackets of various sizes available. At 4 we’d put our DD in a life jacket and just hang around near the bottom. Yes, one adult can walk up and another can wait below. You can see the top waiting area if you’re a bit away from the splash down area, but you can’t really see the top waiting area if you’re closer to the splash down area. We’d usually just hang back a bit to get a visual on when she was coming, then quickly step / swim over closer to the splash down area. The water force will ‘push’ a child in a life jacket towards you at the bottom. This will make more sense when there, it’s pretty easy.

At 4, I suspect your DD will love the kids play area as well. There are two slides of smaller sizes that are perfect for many kids.

We took a last morning swim this AM at pool opening, DD5 was in tears as we had to go in to leave. My kids have always loved the Poly pools.

Hope you have a great trip.
Thank you! Loved seeing your pictures from last week! He has been fixated on being tall enough for the club slide for two years I told my husband tonight that we might not get him out of the pool if he can slide! We’ve never had weather to use the Poly pool on our previous visits.

Yes, they will run buses.

Do you think the buses will be running early enough to get a PPO - or, if the monorail schedule is back to normal - does it run early enough from the TTC to get us to Epcot by, say, 7:45am?

We really would prefer not to take Minnie Vans as we are a large group (13 - with 5 children) so would need 3 MVs which would be $$$. This is our first time staying at Poly - we've never had issues making PPO breakfasts from the other resorts we've stayed at but I didn't think of the monorail/lack of bus situation at Poly.

Hi all! I am staying in a standard view villa with my kids and my parents are staying Garden view club level (lucky ducks). Is there a dvd longhouse i should request to be near the club level one? How long a walk is it between the farthest away ones (in other words, does it really matter if we’re in a close one)? Thanks!

Hi all! I am staying in a standard view villa with my kids and my parents are staying Garden view club level (lucky ducks). Is there a dvd longhouse i should request to be near the club level one? How long a walk is it between the farthest away ones (in other words, does it really matter if we’re in a close one)? Thanks!

Tokelau would be the closest to the CL building (which is Hawaii). "Tokelau, close to the Hawaii Longhouse" would be a reasonable request, in my opinion. Next closest would be Moorea (which has standard view rooms on the non-water side), but Moorea is a really long building and the west side will be quite a bit closer than the east side. Pago Pago would be the furthest. I wouldn't want to be there if y'all plan to meet up with any frequency.

None of the distances are crazy far, but there is definitely a difference in my opinion.

Thank you!!!

You're welcome :)

You question has been answered, but I wanted to say I hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Tokelau would be the closest to the CL building (which is Hawaii). "Tokelau, close to the Hawaii Longhouse" would be a reasonable request, in my opinion. Next closest would be Moorea (which has standard view rooms on the non-water side), but Moorea is a really long building and the west side will be quite a bit closer than the east side. Pago Pago would be the furthest. I wouldn't want to be there if y'all plan to meet up with any frequency.

None of the distances are crazy far, but there is definitely a difference in my opinion.
Thank you so much!

Well! I woke up to news this morning from our TA about the new discount that dropped. Unfortunately she said no discounts are available on non CL rooms for our May dates at the Poly, and we were SOL because our flights are already booked on points. But I asked her to check CL just as a gag knowing it would likely be out of our budget. Turns out with my AP it was only $550 more! So now we’re staying garden view CL!!!!!

It’s a truism around here to never say never right? I never in a million years thought we would ever stay CL. We’re so excited!! I’m just terrified we’ll like it too much and get spoiled, lol!

Well! I woke up to news this morning from our TA about the new discount that dropped. Unfortunately she said no discounts are available on non CL rooms for our May dates at the Poly, and we were SOL because our flights are already booked on points. But I asked her to check CL just as a gag knowing it would likely be out of our budget. Turns out with my AP it was only $550 more! So now we’re staying garden view CL!!!!!

It’s a truism around here to never say never right? I never in a million years thought we would ever stay CL. We’re so excited!! I’m just terrified we’ll like it too much and get spoiled, lol!
Woohoo! Congrats

Congrats on the discount. You will love CL! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

That's great! :)

When military discounts dropped in the fall we could only get discount on CL for our dates. We took it. Now I'm worried that any trips after this are going to be a disappointment since we're a family of 6. As soon as my baby hits 3, our options decrease so much.

Hey all! Kind of a weird question that I feel like may be a bit hard to answer but maybe you Poly professionals can give some insight! My wife and I are weighing the pros and cons as we decide between staying at the Beach Club again or trying the Polynesian for the first time. Our biggest factor when picking a resort is convenience to the parks. Obviously the Beach Club is probably the most convenient resort to stay at for this as it's a very short stroll to Epcot and you have multiple quick ways to get to Hollywood Studios. The Polynesian does seem very convenient to Magic Kingdom and that is the park we visit the most and the park we stay the latest at night.

So here comes the question...With the new path that is being built that would allow guests to walk from the Grand Floridian to Magic Kingdom, how far of a walk would that be if Polynesian guests wanted to walk as well? We absolutely love the idea of being able to walk to and from the Magic Kingdom but if it's going to be a long trek it may not be the most convenient thing. We've walked between the Polynesian and Grand Floridian before when visiting the resorts but I can't quite imagine how long the walk would be in total once that new path is open. We have done the walk between the Beach Club and Hollywood Studios before. How would this new walk compare to that?

Thank you all in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter