Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tikiman is saying that Polynesian room remodel is in the works. Has anyone else heard this?

They did some test rooms in one longhouse late last year, the feeling is it is coming at some point (and it’s about time).

My last few trips (most recent late Dec/early Jan) there were rumblings in the CL longhouse (Hawaii) about a Sept/Oct/fall’ish closure of that building for renovations. Take that with a large grain of salt as facts / info can change, can be unreliable, etc.

They did some test rooms in one longhouse late last year, the feeling is it is coming at some point (and it’s about time).

My last few trips (most recent late Dec/early Jan) there were rumblings in the CL longhouse (Hawaii) about a Sept/Oct/fall’ish closure of that building for renovations. Take that with a large grain of salt as facts / info can change, can be unreliable, etc.

I think that may be true. I just tried to see if I could book a CL room from Sept - Oct and none are available. So that part is likely to be true.

We booked Polynesian for our stay this summer, any recommendations on a longhouse for a standard view room? 2 adults and 2 kids ages 5 and 4 traveling with a double stroller :)

We booked Polynesian for our stay this summer, any recommendations on a longhouse for a standard view room? 2 adults and 2 kids ages 5 and 4 traveling with a double stroller :)

I'm partial to Rarotonga with that view category. Steps to the Grand Ceremonial House, central location, steps to the bus stop, etc. An all around good choice (in my opinion).

Adding to the chorus of recommendations for Rarotonga, it’s a very convenient building. The kids will also love watching the monorail zoom by. I would just also suggest that you request a first floor room unless you have your heart set on a balcony. The elevators are a bit on the small side and with a double stroller it might be tight.

Adding to the chorus of recommendations for Rarotonga, it’s a very convenient building. The kids will also love watching the monorail zoom by. I would just also suggest that you request a first floor room unless you have your heart set on a balcony. The elevators are a bit on the small side and with a double stroller it might be tight.

Thank you for the recommendation, we were thinking of requesting a balcony but maybe we should consider a first floor room. I just don't want the noise from our neighbors upstairs to be an issue. How is the sound proofing in Rarotonga?

Thank you for the recommendation, we were thinking of requesting a balcony but maybe we should consider a first floor room. I just don't want the noise from our neighbors upstairs to be an issue. How is the sound proofing in Rarotonga?

If sound is a concern, I would highly recommend requesting a non-connecting room. This past August we were assigned a connecting room, even though we were not with another party, and could clearly hear conversations, tantrums, and the the TV from the connecting room. On the flip side, we heard nothing from the halls, room above us (we were on the 1st floor), or from the non-connecting room next door (where a family with young children were staying). Noise doesn’t bother us, but I could see how it would an issue for some people who are light sleepers or prefer peace and quiet. If you look at a room map of the Poly, there are a good number of connecting rooms. I would put a request in for a quiet, non-connecting room.

If sound is a concern, I would highly recommend requesting a non-connecting room. This past August we were assigned a connecting room, even though we were not with another party, and could clearly hear conversations, tantrums, and the the TV from the connecting room. On the flip side, we heard nothing from the halls, room above us (we were on the 1st floor), or from the non-connecting room next door (where a family with young children were staying). Noise doesn’t bother us, but I could see how it would an issue for some people who are light sleepers or prefer peace and quiet. If you look at a room map of the Poly, there are a good number of connecting rooms. I would put a request in for a quiet, non-connecting room.

Thanks so much for the advice, both our kids will probably nap while there so having it quiet enough to do so is important. We've never had a noise issue at GF or Contemporary so it's interesting to hear your experience.

We didn’t have an issue with the room above or next to us, but we were on the end of the hallway, so we heard people coming and going. My daughter’s room was across the hall (monorail side), and she got water in her room from the rain coming in through the automatic doors.

We stayed on the third floor closer to the back staircase (nearly the end of the hall) and it was very quiet. But we specifically made sure to pick a non connecting room on our Touring Plans request.

Hi. For our last stay in August we stayed in Longhouse Aotearoa. It was wonderful. we felt close to everything and at the end of the night getting off the boat, our room was a very short walk on the dock.

We were on the ground floor and it was really nice. the path to the Luau was in front of the room.

Hi. For our last stay in August we stayed in Longhouse Aotearoa. It was wonderful. we felt close to everything and at the end of the night getting off the boat, our room was a very short walk on the dock.

We were on the ground floor and it was really nice. the path to the Luau was in front of the room.

Thanks so much for the feedback!

I think that may be true. I just tried to see if I could book a CL room from Sept - Oct and none are available. So that part is likely to be true.
I’m booking in Oct. and have been trying to figure out if room upgrades will be done by then. Sounds like not if they haven’t started. I was targeting studio Villa (which is not on the horizon for refurb) but would instead do a deluxe regular room if it was refurbished. Appreciate any comments on the condition of the rooms recently in either std village or dvc villa.

I’m booking in Oct. and have been trying to figure out if room upgrades will be done by then. Sounds like not if they haven’t started. I was targeting studio Villa (which is not on the horizon for refurb) but would instead do a deluxe regular room if it was refurbished. Appreciate any comments on the condition of the rooms recently in either std village or dvc villa.

What do you mean by Deluxe regular room? There are regular rooms that are pool/marina, theme park view, lagoon view, standard view. And there are DVC Villas. The room category supposedly slated for renovation in Sept/Oct is the Club Level rooms (regular not DVC).

We didn’t have an issue with the room above or next to us, but we were on the end of the hallway, so we heard people coming and going. My daughter’s room was across the hall (monorail side), and she got water in her room from the rain coming in through the automatic doors.

What automatic doors?

We stayed in a DVC Studio room in Tokelau in July. I thought the room was in very good condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter