Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

What do you mean by Deluxe regular room? There are regular rooms that are pool/marina, theme park view, lagoon view, standard view. And there are DVC Villas. The room category supposedly slated for renovation in Sept/Oct is the Club Level rooms (regular not DVC).
I confused the terminology with other resorts that have some regula studios and larger deluxe studios. In any case, thx to all who replied. Going with two dvc studios. I see the dvc buildings are on the ttc dose of the property. In reviews, many have noted the horn noise from boats at early and late hours. Is there a building to request that minimizes that? Or is it really just not a factor.

Hi all, first Poly stay coming up in July. We have a Deluxe Studio -standard view booked cash not points. It's myself, DH, DD(13), and DS(6). I choose the Villas because of the convince of the second bathroom but I'm having second thoughts. Mostly worried about my DD sleeping on the pull out couch, main room area looking small because of space for 2 bathrooms, and lack of storage. We booked a bounce back and have free dining so don't need the kitchenette. Also would like to have a patio or balcony. Would we be better off in a regular standard view room? What's the better location at the resort? I just hate that the sinks and bathroom aren't separate. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Hi all, first Poly stay coming up in July. We have a Deluxe Studio -standard view booked cash not points. It's myself, DH, DD(13), and DS(6). I choose the Villas because of the convince of the second bathroom but I'm having second thoughts. Mostly worried about my DD sleeping on the pull out couch, main room area looking small because of space for 2 bathrooms, and lack of storage. We booked a bounce back and have free dining so don't need the kitchenette. Also would like to have a patio or balcony. Would we be better off in a regular standard view room? What's the better location at the resort? I just hate that the sinks and bathroom aren't separate. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA

I don’t have experience with the DVC side of the resort but the standard rooms are huge—me and my gf could practically do cartwheels in ours, it was almost too much space for two people. I would have to imagine those would be way more comfortable for a family of four than those studios.

I debate on all the same. I go back and forth. Location of the regular rooms is definitely better IMO. But you are guaranteed a balcony in DVC. Such a toss up!

I confused the terminology with other resorts that have some regula studios and larger deluxe studios. In any case, thx to all who replied. Going with two dvc studios. I see the dvc buildings are on the ttc dose of the property. In reviews, many have noted the horn noise from boats at early and late hours. Is there a building to request that minimizes that? Or is it really just not a factor.

I can't comment on the noise, I never stayed in 2 of the 3 DVC buildings. Best building would be Tokelau but no guarantee you will get that.

We stayed in a studio last July. My boys are 19 and 23. My 23 year old slept on the pull down bed and he didn’t mind it at all. My 19 year old slept on the couch bed. My wife and I slept on the bed. We were all pretty comfortable. The second bathroom does not have a toilet but the second shower made getting ready quicker. I would suggest finding a video on YouTube that shows you the room. The DVC side is closer to the TTC.

I didn’t think about requesting a non connecting door. I’m already requesting patio or balcony and away from smoking areas. Is adding the non connecting door request too much?

Hi, new here! I’m planning my family’s first trip to Disney (two boys, 4.5 and just turned 7) and after much obsessing about our choices, we picked the Poly, the deluxe standard villa, for our stay. Going the week of April 12th, so will be a crowded week. Just booked last month so I haven’t been looking into it for ages like maybe some others do. A few questions!
1) we’ve never stayed all in one room before! I know people do it all the time but it makes me a little nervous. Is it hard to sleep in such tight quarters? Looks like we’ll be in queen bed, older boy in sofa bed and 4.5yo in Murphy bed.
2) better to be on ground floor or balcony floor given their ages?
3) is there gonna be room for the double stroller we rent?
4) my parents have unexpectedly decided to join us for half the week (just booked their flights without a heads up!), they’re using points to stay in an offsite hotel. Will it be an issue for them to hang out in the Pool area with us during any resort time?
5) finally, looks like no grocery delivery from garden grocers the day we get there since it’s Easter. Can i get a delivery the day before or do i have to wait until Monday.
Thanks!! I’m so excited but also nervous! Really splurging on this trip and my husband is not excited so I’m trying to do everything I can to minimize the whining from both the kids and him, lol.

I was on the third floor of raratonga in October and I saw one complete room and one in the making. It looked beautiful acqua colours and chocolate timber.
I continue to be confused about refurb plans for Poly in 2020. I called reservations and was told there is nothing planned. Some on this board have seen a room remodeled. Are those early examples vs the start of general work? I found this on a non-Disney site:
‘The Polynesian rooms will be getting complete remodel with many of the issues fixed that guests have raised awareness about over the years. The refurbishment is scheduled to begin in March 2020 with the standard rooms being the first to get remodeled, and the club level lounge and rooms being the last.’

If someone said my October stay could be in a remodeled village room, I’d stay there vs Villa. Why is so hard to discover a projects planned start and end dates?

I continue to be confused about refurb plans for Poly in 2020. I called reservations and was told there is nothing planned. Some on this board have seen a room remodeled. Are those early examples vs the start of general work? I found this on a non-Disney site:
‘The Polynesian rooms will be getting complete remodel with many of the issues fixed that guests have raised awareness about over the years. The refurbishment is scheduled to begin in March 2020 with the standard rooms being the first to get remodeled, and the club level lounge and rooms being the last.’

If someone said my October stay could be in a remodeled village room, I’d stay there vs Villa. Why is so hard to discover a projects planned start and end dates?
I'm not sure when I was there there was the interior designer who was instructing someone else on how to put the wood grains on the door it might be they they had just done two sample rooms to see if they worked. Not sure. But I agree why can't they be more upfront?

Hi, new here! I’m planning my family’s first trip to Disney (two boys, 4.5 and just turned 7) and after much obsessing about our choices, we picked the Poly, the deluxe standard villa, for our stay. Going the week of April 12th, so will be a crowded week. Just booked last month so I haven’t been looking into it for ages like maybe some others do. A few questions!
1) we’ve never stayed all in one room before! I know people do it all the time but it makes me a little nervous. Is it hard to sleep in such tight quarters? Looks like we’ll be in queen bed, older boy in sofa bed and 4.5yo in Murphy bed.
2) better to be on ground floor or balcony floor given their ages?
3) is there gonna be room for the double stroller we rent?
4) my parents have unexpectedly decided to join us for half the week (just booked their flights without a heads up!), they’re using points to stay in an offsite hotel. Will it be an issue for them to hang out in the Pool area with us during any resort time?
5) finally, looks like no grocery delivery from garden grocers the day we get there since it’s Easter. Can i get a delivery the day before or do i have to wait until Monday.
Thanks!! I’m so excited but also nervous! Really splurging on this trip and my husband is not excited so I’m trying to do everything I can to minimize the whining from both the kids and him, lol.

1) The villas have such a nice amount of space. If you keep the sofa bed down at all times while you are in the room it might seem crowded but I think you would still be able to function around one another.

2) I don't have children yet however my DH and I made note of the fact that the ground floor rooms allowed kids to run out and play on the grass areas or the beach while mom and dad can still keep an eye on them. It seemed like it could be really convenient, but keep in mind that it means they can very easily track nature back into the room haha. We had a 2nd floor lake room in Moorea so we loved the view of the fireworks. Our original room was a 1st floor room and that is just not our preference so we switched. Did have a little duck friend visit us though and tap on the glass, which if we had kids I'm sure they would have loved. If you don't have a room that will face MK, or don't plan to watch the fireworks, you may get a better "bang for your buck" having the be able to walk right out and play.

3) There is more than likely room right when you walk in by the bathroom, but we saw a lot of people that kept their double stroller either in the hall or on the balcony.

4) Technically only guests who are staying at the Poly are allowed to use the pool. That being said, if it isn't crowded you may not have a problem but if it is busy the lifeguards may ask to see proof of resort stay. I have personally never seen this done but I know plenty of people on the board have witnessed it.

5) You should be fine to order the day before. The resort will keep cold anything that needs to stay cold and you will be able to call down, or pick up what you ordered, the day you arrive.

The Poly is an awesome resort, hope you all have an amazing trip!

I didn’t think about requesting a non connecting door. I’m already requesting patio or balcony and away from smoking areas. Is adding the non connecting door request too much?

I've found that "non" or "not" or "no" tend to get lost in requests. Better to make it a "positive" request - and frankly I'm not sure how to do that if you want to request not having a connecting door. But just anecdotally it seems that everyone who has requested "not connecting" has ended up with connecting.

I've found that "non" or "not" or "no" tend to get lost in requests. Better to make it a "positive" request - and frankly I'm not sure how to do that if you want to request not having a connecting door. But just anecdotally it seems that everyone who has requested "not connecting" has ended up with connecting.

I’ve thought about this too. I imagine the non in non-connecting could be easily skimmed over, and the room assigner may accidentally read connecting. The only thing I can think of is requesting a room that doesn’t connect for quiet and privacy and using a fax or fax service so the wording doesn’t get misconstrued. Alternatively, just asking for a quiet room and hoping the room assigner knows connecting rooms are not quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter