Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
How hard would it be for me to get Poly at 7 mos out? Last time we tried for Sept 2019 and it was gone!

I would save a lot of money going through my Aunt's DVC but it would put me at the 7 month mark, and I'm not sure I can't get Poly at the 7 month mark.

Thoughts?
Check out the DVC Availability Tool on the DVC Rental store website. It shows availability of all DVC resorts. It looks like September does not have much availability for a studio at the Poly as of now.

Check out the DVC Availability Tool on the DVC Rental store website. It shows availability of all DVC resorts. It looks like September does not have much availability for a studio at the Poly as of now.
Great thanks
Thank you!

How hard would it be for me to get Poly at 7 mos out? Last time we tried for Sept 2019 and it was gone!

I would save a lot of money going through my Aunt's DVC but it would put me at the 7 month mark, and I'm not sure I can't get Poly at the 7 month mark.

Thoughts?

I think a lot depends on what time of year you are traveling. I found a renter that booked the Poly for me back in January at the 7-month mark with no problem at all. My trip is the beginning of August and I’m not sure if that is a busy time of year for DVC.

I think a lot depends on what time of year you are traveling. I found a renter that booked the Poly for me back in January at the 7-month mark with no problem at all. My trip is the beginning of August and I’m not sure if that is a busy time of year for DVC.
Good to know! I think that's a slow time of year, but I don't have any certain dates that I have to go so hopefully I can make it work with what's available!

Hey all!:) my spouse and i have a trip planned for the end of May into June. I am at ends at whether to stay at the Poly or GF. It’ll only be for the first couple nights but am really concerned mostly that the pools at the Poly will be very crowded given the time of year (I love stormalong bay but often difficult to find chairs in the sun). If anyone who’s stayed here and at the GF could give their input/preference. I cannot make up my mind! Both are so great in different ways!

Hey all!:) my spouse and i have a trip planned for the end of May into June. I am at ends at whether to stay at the Poly or GF. It’ll only be for the first couple nights but am really concerned mostly that the pools at the Poly will be very crowded given the time of year (I love stormalong bay but often difficult to find chairs in the sun). If anyone who’s stayed here and at the GF could give their input/preference. I cannot make up my mind! Both are so great in different ways!

I hate to say it, but I think your greater concern would be if any of these resorts are open in that timeframe. There's a lot of unknowns right now. Assuming the closures extend into May and are over by the time you go, I personally I don't expect anything to be super crowded at the World in the beginning. The economic fallout will be felt for far longer and a lot of people who otherwise would be packing those pools may not have the disposable income for a Disney vacation much less at a Deluxe resort.

FWIW, even if the lava pool at the Poly is crowded, the Oasis pool almost never is, and I prefer that one anyway. The hot tub is better and the Oasis grill is there and a very underrated QS option.

I hate to say it, but I think your greater concern would be if any of these resorts are open in that timeframe. There's a lot of unknowns right now. Assuming the closures extend into May and are over by the time you go, I personally I don't expect anything to be super crowded at the World in the beginning. The economic fallout will be felt for far longer and a lot of people who otherwise would be packing those pools may not have the disposable income for a Disney vacation much less at a Deluxe resort.

FWIW, even if the lava pool at the Poly is crowded, the Oasis pool almost never is, and I prefer that one anyway. The hot tub is better and the Oasis grill is there and a very underrated QS option.
Seriously. I’m praying that we can still go on June 24th.

Thank you for the information!:)

Do the standard view rooms (non studio) all have the couch bed? The website says 2 queens or 1 king and 1 daybed. Are there any standard rooms with 2 queens and a daybed?

I just booked a trip for later in the summer (knowing with the current situation it may not happen but I need something to look forward to!). The cheaper option for rooms at the time we are going is a Deluxe Studio (we are a family of 5). We have always stayed in standard rooms, can someone tell me how the compare? Are the sofa beds comfortable (that is probably my biggest concern)?

I just booked a trip for later in the summer (knowing with the current situation it may not happen but I need something to look forward to!). The cheaper option for rooms at the time we are going is a Deluxe Studio (we are a family of 5). We have always stayed in standard rooms, can someone tell me how the compare? Are the sofa beds comfortable (that is probably my biggest concern)?
We stayed in one last summer. My adult boys were with us. One slept on couch bed and the other on the pull down. They said they were not as comfortable as a real bed but also not too bad.

The best part of those rooms is having two showers. No toilet in second bathroom but still helps speed up getting ready.

As an added bonus, Captain Cook’s is the best QS dining of the deluxe resorts IMO.

Heads up for anyone looking for Club level room in November--- they just opened up. I was able to book Club for my W&D race weekend!

I assume this means the room renovations are not going to happen as planned. But who knows?

Heads up for anyone looking for Club level room in November--- they just opened up. I was able to book Club for my W&D race weekend!

I assume this means the room renovations are not going to happen as planned. But who knows?
Before, all CL seemed to disappear after 9/14, which made me think reno was going on then. Now it's all open. We were able to get our full stay CL now.

I'm seriously giving some thought to booking a trip in early August. We're a family of 5 and having something to look forward to would be wonderful. I also am curious about the deluxe studio rooms, that 2nd shower would be awesome!
Agreed on Capt cooks too, love it. We have fond memories of breakfast there.
We had started liking the Yacht or Beach as well, but with all the construction at Epcot, plus I hear rumors that Disney might try a staggered opening? I have no idea but it seems the Magic Kingdom is a safer bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter