Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding my earlier post ^ I'm wondering what you folks think would be preferable. From page 1 on this thread it says the deluxe studios are 450sq feet (with the two showers) where the standard rooms are just above 400. I think the little extra room if that's accurate would be nice but ... I'm worried now about the distance from the pool and Grand Ceremonial house. I've been incredibly spoiled a few times getting a room in Samoa (both sides which is right between the pools and pretty close to the Grand Ceremonial for those that don't know). We also had a room at Tuvalu once which I didn't like quite as much, (I mean it's still the Poly right, haha).
I'm also not thrilled about August but I think it's wise to push it out as far into the summer as possible due to the coronavirus, thoughts?

Regarding my earlier post ^ I'm wondering what you folks think would be preferable. From page 1 on this thread it says the deluxe studios are 450sq feet (with the two showers) where the standard rooms are just above 400. I think the little extra room if that's accurate would be nice but ... I'm worried now about the distance from the pool and Grand Ceremonial house. I've been incredibly spoiled a few times getting a room in Samoa (both sides which is right between the pools and pretty close to the Grand Ceremonial for those that don't know). We also had a room at Tuvalu once which I didn't like quite as much, (I mean it's still the Poly right, haha).
I'm also not thrilled about August but I think it's wise to push it out as far into the summer as possible due to the coronavirus, thoughts?
We had a deluxe studio in Tokelau. Quiet pool was right next to it. It wasn’t very far to main building either.

Thanks bcuinohio, yes if we decide on the DVC over the standard rooms I think I'd prefer Tokelau for sure.

We are staying at the Poly on DVC points in October. What is your favorite longhouse? We drive our own vehicle. I'm not sure if that will make a difference or not.

That sort of depends on your wants jshoemak. Tokelau is closest to the pools, Mooreano closest to the lagoon and you might have a water view? Pago Pago seems the furthest out to me, (from the Great Ceremonial House) but it's probably closest to the bus stop and the transportation center if you want to monorail to Epcot.

That sort of depends on your wants jshoemak. Tokelau is closest to the pools, Mooreano closest to the lagoon and you might have a water view? Pago Pago seems the furthest out to me, (from the Great Ceremonial House) but it's probably closest to the bus stop and the transportation center if you want to monorail to Epcot.

Thanks so much! I've sent a room request through touring plans after I did a little research. I chose Tokelau for my request.

That sounds great jshoemak! I just put in a reservation for early August, but ended up choosing the standard rooms vs DVC. I wonder if I can request anything but ... ha ha. I mean I would just rather not get Tuvalu again, not that it's horrible by any means, but I'm hoping for something different. Hope it all opens back up soon as well!

Thanks so much! I've sent a room request through touring plans after I did a little research. I chose Tokelau for my request.
We love Tokelau! Stayed there the past two years. Some rooms have views of castle and fireworks. Somehow we requested and got room 3914 (and adjoining 3913) . Loved sitting on balcony and watching fireworks. And it’s near oasis pool and within walking distance to TTC

I just got off the phone with my Travel Agent. She is cancelling our June 2020 trip. She will be calling Disney to book a trip in July or August 2021 at the Polynesian, hotel only for now just so that we can get our rooms. We are hoping for a TPV and another room for DD whether it also be TPV right next door or across the hall. When we stayed in Raratonga in 2018, she was right across the hall, and it was very convenient. Anyway, with the virus and lots of unknowns, we will be skipping Club Level this time and will book the Deluxe Dining Plan when the time comes. She can't do air for a while, but American Airlines allows us to change our trip up to December 2021 as of right now. Hopefully that won't change.

It feels so weird to cancel and have to start from scratch. I'm supposed to do my Fastpasses on the 25th. I have to cancel all of my awesome ADR's that I worked so hard for back in December.

I should not complain. My friend's mother has Covid19 and pneumonia. Her sister is a nurse currently working at the Javits Center in NYC with Covid only patients.:sad1: My nephew is struggling to keep his restaurant going serving curbside food and selling groceries. There's just so much going on. Here we go with my first-world problem.

Anyway, I guess it is good to keep my mind off of all the terrible things going on right now and have some hope that in 15 months, things may be better and safe enough to perhaps have a very fun and very relaxing Disney World vacation.

Here's to HOPE

Last edited:
Did the room renovations officially start before everything closed? I’m going to guess if not that they won’t be happening anytime soon.

Did the room renovations officially start before everything closed? I’m going to guess if not that they won’t be happening anytime soon.

No, other than the test rooms they did many months ago, no resort room renovations had started as far as I know. I had heard fall was the plan last time I was there (no reliable sources or anything, just chatter, so take with a big grain of salt).

Prior to all of this, CL had been unavailable to book for Sept - October’ish and there was chatter the Hawaii longhouse (which is CL) may be the first to get renovated. I haven’t looked myself, but I saw a report from last week on the CL thread that all CL room categories were now available sept-oct, indicating maybe plans had already been scrapped and rooms were added back to the bookable inventory.

Always hard to read into things because room renovation plans and dates change all the time even without this Covid mess, so for whatever all of that is worth!

Hi Guys! I have a monorail question

I am completely confused on when I would use to monorail from the resort vs the TTC. I don't understand the difference.

Also where is the monorail in the resort? Attached to the lobby?

I am completely confused on when I would use to monorail from the resort vs the TTC. I don't understand the difference.

You can take the monorail to the TTC it would go via the GF/MK/CR then on to the TTC.

The access to the monorail is on the second floor of the resort in the GCH. (over the front entrance)

You can easily walk to the TTC along the walking path adjacent to the parking lot. It’s a relatively short walk.

You can take the monorail to the TTC it would go via the GF/MK/CR then on to the TTC.

The access to the monorail is on the second floor of the resort in the GCH. (over the front entrance)

You can easily walk to the TTC along the walking path adjacent to the parking lot. It’s a relatively short walk.
So the TTC only makes stops at MK and EP? Is that the difference?

So the TTC only makes stops at MK and EP? Is that the difference?

TTC = Ticket and Transportation Centre

The TTC acts as a transportation hub. A station to pick up transport to the resorts or MK & EPCOT. If you arrive by car you’d go to the TTC from parking to pick up the monorail or ferry to the MK. Or the monorail to the Resorts or to EPCOT.

Example- From the Poly to MK it’s direct on the Resorts line to the MK stopping at the GF then MK.

From the Poly to EPCOT it can be a walk to the TTC then onto the EPCOT line directly to the park - or - the monorail to the TTC stopping along the way at GF, MK CR and then to the TTC where you would get off and transfer over to the EPCOT line to get to the park 😊

You can take the resort monorail from the main building. To get to the TTC, you take the path by Pago Pago and Moorea. From the TTC you can take the Epcot Monorail, MK monorail or MK boat.

We use the resort monorail to go to the MK and walk over to the TTC for Epcot.

TTC = Ticket and Transportation Centre

The TTC acts as a transportation hub. A station to pick up transport to the resorts or MK & EPCOT. If you arrive by car you’d go to the TTC from parking to pick up the monorail or ferry to the MK. Or the monorail to the Resorts or to EPCOT.

Example- From the Poly to MK it’s direct on the Resorts line to the MK stopping at the GF then MK.

From the Poly to EPCOT it can be a walk to the TTC then onto the EPCOT line directly to the park - or - the monorail to the TTC stopping along the way at GF, MK CR and then to the TTC where you would get off and transfer over to the EPCOT line to get to the park 😊
My head it going to explode but thank you 🤣

You can take the resort monorail from the main building. To get to the TTC, you take the path by Pago Pago and Moorea. From the TTC you can take the Epcot Monorail, MK monorail or MK boat.

We use the resort monorail to go to the MK and walk over to the TTC for Epcot.
Thank you I think I will understand it better when I'm there. We will be flying

It's really not all that complicated. 🤪

There are 3 separate monorail lines.

1) the resort monorail. This line goes in a clockwise direction and makes the following stops: TTC, Poly, Grand Floridian, Magic Kingdom, Contemporary, back to TTC.

2) the Express Monorail. This line travels in a counter-clockwise direction and stops ONLY at the TTC and Magic Kingdom. It still makes the full loop around 7 Seas Lagoon, but it does not stop at any of the resorts.

3) the Epcot line. This line goes from TTC to Epcot and back again.

You can get on all 3 lines at the TTC.

From Poly, GF or Contemporary, you can only get on the Resort Line.

From MK, you can get on either the Resort or Express lines.

Each of the 3 resorts has a monorail station. At the Poly and GF, the stations are outside the main building, on the second floor above the main entrance. At the Contemporary, it is inside the main tower with access from the 4th floor.

From the Poly, there is a walkway directly to the TTC. It's a very short 5 minute walk from the DVC (east) side of the resort. When going to Epcot, it's much quicker to walk over to the TTC than taking the resort monorail around to the TTC and then transferring to the Epcot line.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter