Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is trader sams still closed? Is there anywhere you can get a drink in the resort at the moment?

The only place to get a drink (other than while seated at Kona) is the Barefoot Pool Bar at the main pool. Closes at 8pm.

If you ask me, they need to open up at least one other spot. Lots of people around come 6pm plus since there’s nothing else to do. While I’m sure Disney wants to dial down options/crowds/staffing for all the obvious reasons, this seems like a place they need to rethink IMO.

The only place to get a drink (other than while seated at Kona) is the Barefoot Pool Bar at the main pool. Closes at 8pm.

If you ask me, they need to open up at least one other spot. Lots of people around come 6pm plus since there’s nothing else to do. While I’m sure Disney wants to dial down options/crowds/staffing for all the obvious reasons, this seems like a place they need to rethink IMO.

I'd guess the bars being closed have more to do with the state mandated bar closure than anything else.

Hmmm... I wonder if Kona would give me a "takeout" Lapu Lapu to enjoy on my room balcony/patio. 🍹

I didn’t and don’t understand why the Oasis Grill and Bar isn’t open. It’s outside (arguably easier to distance, etc) and every single guest right now is staying near it in Tokelau, Moorea, and Pago Pago. Do you know how many Mickey Waffles they could sell before 11:00 am when families are at the Oasis Pool before lava opens!? Maybe it’s easier to control crowd flow at Captain Cook’s but this seems like a lost opportunity.

Tikiman posted a confusing update and photo on his Facebook fan site earlier that made it seem like Barefoot was only selling non-alcoholic drinks today but I think he meant it was the only place to get a drink (alcoholic or non) with Oasis, Tambu, and the lobby pop up bars closed.

I didn’t and don’t understand why the Oasis Grill and Bar isn’t open. It’s outside (arguably easier to distance, etc) and every single guest right now is staying near it in Tokelau, Moorea, and Pago Pago. Do you know how many Mickey Waffles they could sell before 11:00 am when families are at the Oasis Pool before lava opens!? Maybe it’s easier to control crowd flow at Captain Cook’s but this seems like a lost opportunity.

Tikiman posted a confusing update and photo on his Facebook fan site earlier that made it seem like Barefoot was only selling non-alcoholic drinks today but I think he meant it was the only place to get a drink (alcoholic or non) with Oasis, Tambu, and the lobby pop up bars closed.

I can confirm Barefoot was in fact selling real drinks yesterday. :-)

I agree Oasis should be open given the guest count here, and you’re right, physically it’s a great setting given the situation at hand.

Although I’m sure it comes down to costs/staffing/etc. Seems like only a small fraction of the usual staffing level around and I’m sure Disney doesn’t want to call back more people than they have to when the resort side itself is still closed.

And I really just want my Oasis Salad. But alas, can’t be too picky/have too many expectations in the current environment so I hope that doesn’t read as whining - more just a comment.

I can confirm Barefoot was in fact selling real drinks yesterday. :-)

I agree Oasis should be open given the guest count here, and you’re right, physically it’s a great setting given the situation at hand.

Although I’m sure it comes down to costs/staffing/etc. Seems like only a small fraction of the usual staffing level around and I’m sure Disney doesn’t want to call back more people than they have to when the resort side itself is still closed.

And I really just want my Oasis Salad. But alas, can’t be too picky/have too many expectations in the current environment so I hope that doesn’t read as whining - more just a comment.

The malasadas at Oasis are low key one of my favorite Disney snacks, especially with the passion fruit curd. I feel like this place flies under the radar but everything is so good. I hope it will reopen by September.

The malasadas at Oasis are low key one of my favorite Disney snacks, especially with the passion fruit curd. I feel like this place flies under the radar but everything is so good. I hope it will reopen by September.
Now I hope so, too! Sounds delicious! Thining more options will be available when the full resort is open in August? Surely, but who knows?!?

I was able to book a cabana over the phone for during labor day week this afternoon. The cm made it sound like they are bookable from 90 days out now.

Were you able to book the poolside patio at the Poly or the cabana at the Grand Floridian? I called today and was told they couldn't do the poolside patios yet.

Were you able to book the poolside patio at the Poly or the cabana at the Grand Floridian? I called today and was told they couldn't do the poolside patios yet.
It’s one of the Oasis patios, I called 407 939-7529 to book. I got a confirmation number and it’s listed in MDE also so hopefully it’s not a mistake.

Yes, it has traditionally been different than CR, GF in that it’s resort guests only. Side note, not sure if those others are still doing non resort guests, at the moment
Thanks! That's what I was thinking but wasn't 100% sure. CR is still not available to book by phone but hoping it is when we get there in early August. Love that Poly patio tho (and price)!

Sort of a strange situation Disney and us guests have created. At the moment, the Poly kids splash area is as crowded as you’ll typically find it for 8pm, often (but definitely not always) a time when things start winding down for the day. Nowhere to go, no parks open, few restaurants open. There have been no afternoon storms today to clear the pool deck. If you are concerned with your kids social distancing, this isn’t the place to be.

To be clear, I don’t personally find this a dangerous situation and anything I’ve seen has been within my comfort zone. But given we all have different tolerances and levels we find acceptable or not, best to be eyes wide open about what you may encounter when here. It is not all mask wearing / distanced when it comes to the pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter