Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s one of the Oasis patios, I called 407 939-7529 to book. I got a confirmation number and it’s listed in MDE also so hopefully it’s not a mistake.

Thank you for confirming! I called back and it sounds like they only became available for reserving in advance earlier this afternoon, so it was perfect timing! We were able to get all our preferred dates. Love the Disboards

Sort of a strange situation Disney and us guests have created. At the moment, the Poly kids splash area is as crowded as you’ll typically find it for 8pm, often (but definitely not always) a time when things start winding down for the day. Nowhere to go, no parks open, few restaurants open. There have been no afternoon storms today to clear the pool deck. If you are concerned with your kids social distancing, this isn’t the place to be.

To be clear, I don’t personally find this a dangerous situation and anything I’ve seen has been within my comfort zone. But given we all have different tolerances and levels we find acceptable or not, best to be eyes wide open about what you may encounter when here. It is not all mask wearing / distanced when it comes to the pool.
Thanks for the reports...has there been a time (that you know of) that the pool has hit capacity and not allowed new folks in?

Thanks for the reports...has there been a time (that you know of) that the pool has hit capacity and not allowed new folks in?

Not that I have personally witnessed. I was told there is a capacity, not sure what it is or if it has been hit. Some gates are labeled as exits and some as entrances implying that they have a plan for monitoring/controlling access if needed, but I have not seen in actually used.

I witnessed more CM’s monitoring/counting people (and cleaning) at BLT than I have at Poly, but that doesn’t mean it’s not happening (it’s a big place and it would be very hard for a guest to see everything going on).

I’ve been here all week and the resort boat to MK runs all day. It starts at park opening, not much before (which is different). Just saw the last run of the night go by (it’s 8:30, park closes at 7). It does not share with GF at the moment given the NBA being there.
We've been here all week too and were told it was not running. Oh well, the monorail worked for us.

Checking in tomorrow and we are planning on parking at the Poly and taking the monorail over to MK.

What time does the Monorail start taking guest over to MK? It sounds like they do the temp and security check at the Poly before getting on the monorail.

Checking in tomorrow and we are planning on parking at the Poly and taking the monorail over to MK.

What time does the Monorail start taking guest over to MK? It sounds like they do the temp and security check at the Poly before getting on the monorail.
I saw a report that the monorail starts doing the resort circuit at 7am (I guess for breakfasts) but won't stop at the MK stop to drop guests off until 8:30am. Though I guess a "cheat" if you want to arrive early could be to take the monorail to CR earlier and then walk to MK.

I saw a report that the monorail starts doing the resort circuit at 7am (I guess for breakfasts) but won't stop at the MK stop to drop guests off until 8:30am. Though I guess a "cheat" if you want to arrive early could be to take the monorail to CR earlier and then walk to MK.

Thank you! I didn't consider using that idea for going to CR and just walking if the kids get stir crazy.

We are arriving tomorrow, and it has been a series of changes that would make any serial-changer DISBoarder proud! :rotfl2:

I had booked last summer 4 nights at Gran Destino Club Level as a Bounceback to celebrate my daughter's 13th birthday. When the rumors started about the NBA taking over CSR (before the reopening of the parks was announced), I changed to 8 nights in a regular room at Polynesian Village (regular hotel, non-DVC).

When the announcement came out that the Poly hotel side would not open until August, I called and they moved me to the Contemporary Tower because the Poly studios were booked.

Then, the Passholder discounts came out. I checked for our dates, but Poly was not available, so kept Contemporary.

Today, the day *before* we are arriving at Disney, I see that the Poly Studio Standard View is available with the Passholder discount. I called, not sure if I could make a rate and resort change the day before. The lovely CM was able to switch us.

So, I guess we are arriving to Poly tomorrow! First time staying DVC! I'm so excited, this is where we really wanted to stay.

Now to go back and read this thread, which I stopped reading when we switched to CR, since it made me sad that I wasn't staying here.

We are arriving tomorrow, and it has been a series of changes that would make any serial-changer DISBoarder proud! :rotfl2:

I had booked last summer 4 nights at Gran Destino Club Level as a Bounceback to celebrate my daughter's 13th birthday. When the rumors started about the NBA taking over CSR (before the reopening of the parks was announced), I changed to 8 nights in a regular room at Polynesian Village (regular hotel, non-DVC).

When the announcement came out that the Poly hotel side would not open until August, I called and they moved me to the Contemporary Tower because the Poly studios were booked.

Then, the Passholder discounts came out. I checked for our dates, but Poly was not available, so kept Contemporary.

Today, the day *before* we are arriving at Disney, I see that the Poly Studio Standard View is available with the Passholder discount. I called, not sure if I could make a rate and resort change the day before. The lovely CM was able to switch us.

So, I guess we are arriving to Poly tomorrow! First time staying DVC! I'm so excited, this is where we really wanted to stay.

Now to go back and read this thread, which I stopped reading when we switched to CR, since it made me sad that I wasn't staying here.

You sound like us. We've changed our resort stay 5 times since April leading up to this past week. This week I was able to get us set up as a split stay with Poly being a few nights. Then this morning I was able to complete our entire trip staying at Poly. This is our first time staying DVC, Deluxe and Poly has always been my dream resort. Plus my girls are so excited about the Lava pool (11 and 2). We will be arriving first thing tomorrow morning to park our car and monorail over to MK!

Sounds like a great plan. While I love the CR the tower guests have reported some challenges with the elevators in the morning / evening hours due to limiting to one group per elevator.

Enjoy your trip to celebrate your daughter's birthday. :bday: to her...

Dave

I am proud! Nicely done!

That’s so exciting! Those Poly studios are my favorite studios. The split bathroom works great for us and the many hours I could spend on my balcony.... ah bliss! :cloud9:

Happy Birthday to your daughter - what a fun way to celebrate! Enjoy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter