Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any tips for keeping the AC on in the room? It seems to shut off at night while we are sleeping due to no movement then I wake up hot!!!
Sorry I resort hop often so I may be wrong. Is your ceiling fan on? I don't remember my air ever turning off over the last few years.

To override the air you push the up and power buttons at the same time(try 2 buttons until BP shows up for bypass).i usually put it at 65-68. Google how to change air and pix come up if needed.

We are in the same boat as you and we are all sooooo excited for our first stay at the poly!!! Only 3 more days!!!

Have a great trip! :yay:

Just checked in today. My request was Nuie or Samoa ground floor but they didn't have that so had given us a 2nd floor room in Nuie. The guy checking us in was super nice and called about a ground floor room and got us one in Aerotora (sp?) facing monorail side. So far it's nice. We have a nice green area for DS to play and can watch the monorails! Didn't seem to far when we walked to the room. The pool was packed at 3pm when we go here so the resort must be pretty full right now.

Glad the CM was able to find you a first floor room. Hope you have a great time and enjoy the Poly :).

Can't wait to be there in December!

If we wanted to watch fireworks from the beach, should I bring a blanket?

Sorry I resort hop often so I may be wrong. Is your ceiling fan on? I don't remember my air ever turning off over the last few years.

To override the air you push the up and power buttons at the same time(try 2 buttons until BP shows up for bypass).i usually put it at 65-68. Google how to change air and pix come up if needed.

Thank you I'll try this. We want it 70 when we sleep and it gets up to 75 but as soon as I get up to go to the bathroom it senses me and turns on. I'll try that and see what it does!

Any tips for keeping the AC on in the room? It seems to shut off at night while we are sleeping due to no movement then I wake up hot!!!

We've never been there during the hottest months, so the air going off in the night has never been a problem for us, but I have heard many people say they just let a helium balloon loose in the room. The air causes enough movement of the balloon that it keeps the AC on.

We are renewing our vows at Luau Beach in early January. In our contract that we received from DFTW, it mentions the construction going on at the Poly. For anyone who has been there recently, do you think any of the ongoing construction would have an impact on our ceremony? I can't imagine it would, but am just curious.

We had lunch at Kona Friday and spent some time just walking around the Poly, as we've never spent much time there and DH and I are staying a couple nights for the first time in Jan. Our meal was fantastic and even with the construction going on, it got me so excited to stay there :goodvibes

We are renewing our vows at Luau Beach in early January. In our contract that we received from DFTW, it mentions the construction going on at the Poly. For anyone who has been there recently, do you think any of the ongoing construction would have an impact on our ceremony? I can't imagine it would, but am just curious.

I don't think it should be a problem. The main work that will be going on in January is the continued construction on the east pool and it is quite removed from Luau beach. You should be fine. Congratulations!

3 more days for us :) Does anyone know the current monorail schedule? The last update I saw was dated thru the end of last week. Do you think they will continue maintenance for the remainder of September and/or beyond? TIA

We returned Saturday from 5 nights at the Poly that were followed by 5 nights at the BC.

We checked into the POly after a 12 hour flight delay and got Fiji which we requested but 1st floor not 3rd floor. This worked out perfectly. We were in room 1320 which was right next to the entrance. We had a very short walk to the pool and GCH.

The rooms here are huge and we loved that. The bathroom was gorgeous. We just loved the Hawaiian feel.

We liked the pool but felt it was too cold. It's hard to find a seat here and lots of hoarding of seats. There were employees who came by and did clean sweeps of towels and freed up tons of chairs.

DD was stung by a bee and the lifeguards were all over it. Also a kid was coming down the slide and his dad was there waiting for him. The kid tilted back with his life jacket and lost his footing for a second and the lifeguard was in the pool and on it within 2 seconds. Dad was right there but the lifeguard was very quick. It was nice to see how on top of it they are.

We enjoyed the food at CC's. The pepperoni flatbread was a big hit. The dole whip stand is a great addition.

The grounds are gorgeous. Having the monorail right there is amazing.

We really enjoyed our stay!!!!

Can anyone give any info about the campfire on the beach? I found online that it starts at 7pm. Is it every night? Also, how long does it last? if we get there at 7:30 will it still be going on? do they have marshmallows or smores available?

We returned Saturday from 5 nights at the Poly that were followed by 5 nights at the BC.

We checked into the POly after a 12 hour flight delay and got Fiji which we requested but 1st floor not 3rd floor. This worked out perfectly. We were in room 1320 which was right next to the entrance. We had a very short walk to the pool and GCH.

The rooms here are huge and we loved that. The bathroom was gorgeous. We just loved the Hawaiian feel.

We liked the pool but felt it was too cold. It's hard to find a seat here and lots of hoarding of seats. There were employees who came by and did clean sweeps of towels and freed up tons of chairs.

DD was stung by a bee and the lifeguards were all over it. Also a kid was coming down the slide and his dad was there waiting for him. The kid tilted back with his life jacket and lost his footing for a second and the lifeguard was in the pool and on it within 2 seconds. Dad was right there but the lifeguard was very quick. It was nice to see how on top of it they are.

We enjoyed the food at CC's. The pepperoni flatbread was a big hit. The dole whip stand is a great addition.

The grounds are gorgeous. Having the monorail right there is amazing.

We really enjoyed our stay!!!!
How did you like BC compared to Poly? Staying at poly in October and was up in the air about staying there or beach club.

How did you like BC compared to Poly? Staying at poly in October and was up in the air about staying there or beach club.

We preferred the BC overall but would not hesitate to stay at the Poly again. We truly loved them both. Everyone whined about leaving the Poly. No one wanted to leave but then we got to the BC and everyone was in love all over again.

My kids are huge pool people. The pool wins hands down at the BC. It just can't be beat.

The rooms are much larger at the Poly. You really notice it when you move over to the BC.

I loved the monorail access at the Poly. The short walk to Epcot from the BC was amazing.

Food offerings are better at Captain Cooks vs the Marketplace at BC. But you are very close to Epcot, Boardwalk Bakery and they do have Hurricane Hanna's at the BC.

We just loved the beach feel of the BC. We live in South Jersey and go to the boardwalk and the shore often. Sitting on the beach at night and looking ove at the boardwalk was awesome.

But Hawaii is my dream vacation so the Poly was special too!!! When you walk in through the front at night it's amazing. The tiki torches. Watching Wishes from the beach.

I think you will love either stay.

Can anyone give any info about the campfire on the beach? I found online that it starts at 7pm. Is it every night? Also, how long does it last? if we get there at 7:30 will it still be going on? do they have marshmallows or smores available?

When we were there in May by 7:30 they were packing up. Check the schedule but it should be every night. I'd say it lasts about 20 minutes or so. You must have shoes on so if going from pool make sure and put on your flip flops. Marshmallows only. Bring choc and graham crackers yourself.

We preferred the BC overall but would not hesitate to stay at the Poly again. We truly loved them both. Everyone whined about leaving the Poly. No one wanted to leave but then we got to the BC and everyone was in love all over again.

My kids are huge pool people. The pool wins hands down at the BC. It just can't be beat.

The rooms are much larger at the Poly. You really notice it when you move over to the BC.

I loved the monorail access at the Poly. The short walk to Epcot from the BC was amazing.

Food offerings are better at Captain Cooks vs the Marketplace at BC. But you are very close to Epcot, Boardwalk Bakery and they do have Hurricane Hanna's at the BC.

We just loved the beach feel of the BC. We live in South Jersey and go to the boardwalk and the shore often. Sitting on the beach at night and looking ove at the boardwalk was awesome.

But Hawaii is my dream vacation so the Poly was special too!!! When you walk in through the front at night it's amazing. The tiki torches. Watching Wishes from the beach.

I think you will love either stay.
I am so happy that you had a fabulous vacation, even though it started out a little rough with the flight delay and unappreciative kids.:(
We did a split stay between Poly/BC in June and loved both resorts so much! Polynesian was first and we got our request, Figi 3rd floor room 3321 but our view was blocked by a palm tree. Boohoo:sad:
Our Beach Club room (3517) overlooked the quiet pool and was near the secret stairway, loved this! Was able to be in Epcot in 5 minutes. After eating lunch at Chefs de France we decided to go back to our room using the back entrance,and we almost stepped on a snake! He was about 4 feet long and was taking his time crossing the sidewalk. Lol. It was kinda funny cause every time we used the walkway my scaredy cat DH and DS(21 yrs old) made me go first to scare away "Blackie" In case he showed up again!
I think we will always do a split stay again because it was like having 2 different vacations. Did you like your split stay and would you do it again? My DH wants to try a Grand Floridian/ BC stay next time, but my heart belongs to Poly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter