• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you a DVC member or did you rent points? Curious to see if TP would work for renting points...

I actually was originally booked in a regular standard view room which I booked in April for December 2015. I always still would go on Disney.com and dream of staying in one of the theme park views which is way out of my price range. Then one day in September I saw on the website that you could reserve a standard view in the villas even though it was DVC so I called and had my reservation changed to the villas. I asked the cast member on the phone how I was able to get a DVC room when I was not a member and she said sometimes those rooms just open up for the public. Then through touring plans, I was always on their website checking out the pictures of room views at the Polynesian and when I saw this room view in Tokelau I requested it. I have no idea how myself and 3 kids were lucky enough to get that view but we did for a garden view price. I was so excited when I got the text that my room was ready and that was the exact room number I wanted. Thanks for asking.

I actually was originally booked in a regular standard view room which I booked in April for December 2015. I always still would go on Disney.com and dream of staying in one of the theme park views which is way out of my price range. Then one day in September I saw on the website that you could reserve a standard view in the villas even though it was DVC so I called and had my reservation changed to the villas. I asked the cast member on the phone how I was able to get a DVC room when I was not a member and she said sometimes those rooms just open up for the public. Then through touring plans, I was always on their website checking out the pictures of room views at the Polynesian and when I saw this room view in Tokelau I requested it. I have no idea how myself and 3 kids were lucky enough to get that view but we did for a garden view price. I was so excited when I got the text that my room was ready and that was the exact room number I wanted. Thanks for asking.
That is great, have to love Disney magic! We are staying in a DVC Studio in April and will request this same room through TP. I know it's only a request and anything is possible but fingers crossed.

Just returned from the Polynesian on Jan. 2. It was a short trip, arrived 12/30. Some insights: We were in Aotearoa. room #1210. We had great view of the monorail. it was actually peaceful to sit on the patio. I was amazed at the crowds of people watching the fireworks from the Poly beach. I watched Fantasy in the Sky both 12/30 and 12/31. On 12/30 we were already on the beach about 2 hours prior to fireworks and had great seats. on 12/31 though....WOW! You could barely see sand from all the people. It was so crowded that we watched the fireworks from within the pool gates(for the first time, I was actually thankful for that fence). All in All, it was a great trip and I am honestly shocked that I barely encountered huge crowds(we avoided MK until Jan. 1). Can't wait to return home REAL soon :-)

Glad you had a great trip! The Poly is amazing, hope you can get back for another stay soon :).

Hello, we just came back from a fabulous week stay at the Polynesian and I requested room 3914 (3rd floor) Tokelau through touringplans and actually got that room. I paid for a standard view but due to the room being on the end of the building we actually had a theme park view and what a great view. I only have great reviews about the resort from the moment we stepped of the magical express until we left. This was our first time at the Polynesian and I really wanted to just be at the resort the whole time instead of the parks. Everyone was over the top friendly and our room and the resort was ver muy clean. I loved everything about the resort. I hope I get a chance to stay there again in the future and I wished they bottled the smell in the lobby!

Glad you had a great first stay at the Poly and got the room you requested. We felt the same way about the Poly on our first stay as we loved everything about it the minute we checked in :goodvibes.

Looooooove that lobby smell!!!

Me too ::yes::.

We are down to single digits!!

:cool1::cheer2::jumping1:

We are booked for our first stay in a std view studio this May and I've been trying to figure out what longhouse to request (fully understanding it's just a request...). That's so amazing your request came thru. It sounds like you had an amazing view. Do you have any pics you could share that show what your view was like? How much of the castle could you see, and could you see the fireworks from your room? TIA!!!

Hope you have a great stay and enjoy the Poly :wizard:.

Just booked our 2nd Poly stay! Whhoo whhoo!! We'll be checkin' in this summer...

Congrats on a 2nd Poly stay :yay:. You will be checking in before you know it! :goodvibes

Hello I will try my best to put some pictures on but unfortunately I have no idea how to do that and I am also new at posting so I am not sure if I do that correctly. But the view was fabulous. Since we were the very last room on the 3rd floor our balcony was a full front view with the right side of the balcony opened as well. We had a perfect view of the castle and could watch the fireworks and the water pageant. I could have sat on the balcony forever and never left it. I also loved listening to the ferry horn and watching the boats on the lake. Words can not do this view justice. I hope I figure out how to post some pictures I took from my Iphone. Thanks for asking.

Sounds like an amazing view :cloud9:.

One of the many things I love about the Poly is hearing the boats and horns :wizard:.

That is great, have to love Disney magic! We are staying in a DVC Studio in April and will request this same room through TP. I know it's only a request and anything is possible but fingers crossed.
I am crossing my fingers you get that room also, I am not kidding when I say you will never want to leave the room.LOL

We are staying late January in a Lagoon View room. Does anyone have a specific room number with a great view that I should request? To get a little peak of the castle would be great for my daughter as this is her first trip and she is in love with all things Cinderella. Thanks!

Hello I will try my best to put some pictures on but unfortunately I have no idea how to do that and I am also new at posting so I am not sure if I do that correctly. But the view was fabulous. Since we were the very last room on the 3rd floor our balcony was a full front view with the right side of the balcony opened as well. We had a perfect view of the castle and could watch the fireworks and the water pageant. I could have sat on the balcony forever and never left it. I also loved listening to the ferry horn and watching the boats on the lake. Words can not do this view justice. I hope I figure out how to post some pictures I took from my Iphone. Thanks for asking.

Sounds like the perfect view, and at a standard view rate! I hope we can get so lucky! Thanks for your help!

Booked in a DVC studio. Please tell me I wont be upset. We stayed garden view last year, and had a pool view. It was AMAZING! I don't love the DVC longhouse choices and afraid i"ll regret it. Please tell me why I'll love it, and perhaps your opinion on best longhouse and why. Things we loved about Samoa, was being able to watch the kids in the pool from our room, quick walk to beach for wishes, 2 normal queen sized beds and right by GCH/Food. I know i'm being a brat, but just humor me :)

It depends on one's perspective, I'd say. Our first stay at the Poly was last summer and we loved the studio! (And we've only ever been to one other onsite resort, the GF.) Loved the 2 washrooms (since there were five of us), the newness of the room, the closeness to the TTC (we used it for all monorail trips, never went to the GCH once) and the kitchenette. Con: lack of space to put your things (there's no dresser). However, with this said, if you're creative in what you bring for storage ourposes, you'll do fine. I hung a shoe organizer on the shower door, another hanging organizer in the closet, got rid of the pack n play that's taking up room, and hung some hooks on the ends of the tv to hang our fanny packs lol Remember I said 5! If you're less in number or you don't mind having the couch left out all day as a bed, ie you don't need the room to lounge around in the daytime, then you're set with a studio! If you need LOTS of room to roam your room, not so good. I definitely give the studio a thumbs up! Enjoy your trip!

Thanks for the input!

How noisy is the monorail itself when it goes by? My kids are light sleepers!

I'm also looking at Aotearoa and was wondering if anyone has any input on requesting that longhouse? Thanks!

Not sure about the monorail noise, but from what I've read, the monorail is relatively quiet. Though I guess it depends on your sleep patterns...we stayed in Moorea, heard LOTS of complaints about hearing the boat horns and never took notice to one.

@cassidy57 just an fyi...the studios are always available to book for a cash reservation. Just depends on their availability at the time.:flower1:

Light sleepers or not, the monorail is a very quiet train. Shouldn't bother anyone. :)

We spent two weeks in Aotearoa last August and thought it was a great location. Very close to the GCH! The monorail is very quiet when it goes by.

Not sure about the monorail noise, but from what I've read, the monorail is relatively quiet. Though I guess it depends on your sleep patterns...we stayed in Moorea, heard LOTS of complaints about hearing the boat horns and never took notice to one.

We stayed at Aotearoa this summer and loved the location! The monorail was silent when the patio doors were closed...and pretty much silent when Sitting on the balcony

Thank you...that is very helpful info! :goodvibes

I'm not heading to the Poly until early May, but I'm already debating where I'd want to stay. It will be just me, my mom, and DD4. I imagine there are times my mom will prefer to stay at the resort and nap or swim at the pool rather than hit the parks to ride on the Little Mermaid for the fifth time. My mom is directionally challenged, to put it mildly. The last time I took her to WDW, she got lost on the Pagnani forest trail. Ideally, we'd have a pool-facing room with a patio so she can walk right out to the pool. If it were just me and my daughter, I'd request Aotearoa. We have standard view. I know the construction isn't as bad as it was last summer, but I'd still rather avoid looking at a construction site. We're booked on a magical deal with a SV. I know Samoa is a very popular choice, so I won't back on getting that one. Otherwise, I'm thinking Niue or Fiji. Walking isn't an issue for her. It's finding the right path. I keep looking at the maps, thinking how lovely a monorail view at Aotearoa would be and then imagining riding the People Mover and getting a panicked call from her wondering how to get back to the room from the pool area.

What are the height restrictions on the splash pad area? Are they enforced? What if my older son (will be 8) wants to play with DS-5?

48"

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. It all depends on how crowded it is and it's up to the Lifeguard on duty.
Thanks. Last summer my boys spent more time at the splash pad than in the regular pool. Probably because my younger son was not a strong swimmer and they want to play together. My older son was 49". I think I will just warn him that he may be turned away. It will be an incentive for him to not horse-play.

We are heading to the Poly for the first time in April. It will be our family of 5 in one room, (2adults, 2 teens, 1 child) my sister and her family in another room (2adults 3 kids) and our parents in another room. My dad may or may not have an ECV for the trip. We all have standard view room reservations. Any recommendations for which buildings to request for all of us? We don't need to be next to each other but the the same building would be nice. Ideally close to Grand Ceremonial house and the pool, since my dad has mobility issues. He is going to the parks 2 days, using the monorail both days. TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter