Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any suggestions for resort must dos? We plan to watch the electric water pageant, roast marshmallows, and my son will do some of the poolside activities. Anything else I am missing? My mother can't sit on the ground for the movies, too bad they don't have lounge chairs for it anymore, that was perfect. We have adrs at Kona and 'Ohana (breakfast, I haven't been able to get dinner so far). We'll of course get some dole whips. Any favorite poolside drinks?

I'm starting the countdown, lol. :banana:
Our favorite way to end a busy day is to grab a table out on the patio at trader Sams about 20-30 minutes before fireworks. Grab a couple drinks and sometimes a few small plates, relax and watch Happily Ever After from our table.. you won’t have a perfect view of the fireworks but it’s just so relaxing after a long day in the parks!

My favorite building at Poly is Rarotonga and our view was never of a parking lot--palm trees and monorail (but monorail was not close enough to be noisy). You are very close to the main house, dining, and pools. So nice--request this building with a patio or balcony! We did do a day of no parks, just relaxed pools, had a leisurely dinner at Ohana....just fantastic.
We stayed at Rarotonga last week, and absolutely LOVED our location convenient to the GCH and the Oasis pool.

Does everyone request a particular building? I was just going to add 1st floor patio or 3rd floor balcony please. I really would like to be near the pools but seems like they aren't standard view over there anymore.

If we don't request a building does that put us at higher risk of facing the parking lot?

How comfortable are the daybeds for a medium sized adult?

I assume you mean the daybed in the resort-side (non-DVC) rooms? My DW loves sleeping on it. Other than the fact that the HVAC vent blows in that general direction, she has zero complaints.

I assume you mean the daybed in the resort-side (non-DVC) rooms? My DW loves sleeping on it. Other than the fact that the HVAC vent blows in that general direction, she has zero complaints.

Yes, the regular resort rooms. Either my Mom or myself may sleep on it. We are both under 5’6” but are not small in size.

Any suggestions for resort must dos? We plan to watch the electric water pageant, roast marshmallows, and my son will do some of the poolside activities. Anything else I am missing? My mother can't sit on the ground for the movies, too bad they don't have lounge chairs for it anymore, that was perfect. We have adrs at Kona and 'Ohana (breakfast, I haven't been able to get dinner so far). We'll of course get some dole whips. Any favorite poolside drinks?

I'm starting the countdown, lol. :banana:
All of those things! And watch fireworks from the beach. We of course mismanaged our time and didn’t get to enjoy any of these things haha. We did manage the walk to GF which I loved.

Fave poolside drink is the frosty pineapple. Alcoholic dole whip!

We stayed at Rarotonga last week, and absolutely LOVED our location convenient to the GCH and the Oasis pool.

After doing a lot of reading, we’ve pretty much settled on Rarotonga I think. But I have some questions about its proximity to transportation. How is the walk to the TTC from there and where is the bus stop in relation to Rarotonga?

After doing a lot of reading, we’ve pretty much settled on Rarotonga I think. But I have some questions about its proximity to transportation. How is the walk to the TTC from there and where is the bus stop in relation to Rarotonga?

Rarotonga has an excellent location, in my humble opinion. Pretty much in the “middle” of the resort. Steps (literally) from both the GCH and bus stop. Right by the building with laundry if needed. A bit closer walk to the TTC compared to say, Aoteraoa. There’s bar/grill/mug refill station right there at the Oasis Pool, which would be very convenient as well - although Cap’t Cooks isn’t far either.

Have not personally stayed in Rarotonga (full disclosure) but it has always seemed like a good location to me.

As to the bus stop - it’s that bus icon on this map south of Rarotonga. It’s the closest longhouse to the bus stop.

Poly Map Nov 2017-Low Res.png

Rarotonga is my new favourite location. I had never requested it, but got placed there on my last visit. Loved it! So close and convenient to everything. :)

Rarotonga has an excellent location, in my humble opinion. Pretty much in the “middle” of the resort. Steps (literally) from both the GCH and bus stop. Right by the building with laundry if needed. A bit closer walk to the TTC compared to say, Aoteraoa. There’s bar/grill/mug refill station right there at the Oasis Pool, which would be very convenient as well - although Cap’t Cooks isn’t far either.

Have not personally stayed in Rarotonga (full disclosure) but it has always seemed like a good location to me.

As to the bus stop - it’s that bus icon on this map south of Rarotonga. It’s the closest longhouse to the bus stop.

View attachment 340470

Thank you for the map. Do you know if Rarotonga has standard view rooms? We’ve stayed in Samoa three times and absolutely love that building, but with the new room categories, I’m afraid our days in Samoa are over. Looking at the map, Rarotonga looks like it has a good location in regards to the GCH and bus stop. I think it might be a good building to request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter