Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you who have stayed in a DVC studio, where do you stash the coffee table/chest thingy when the
couch bed is folded out? And how much room is left? Seems like it will be tight!

For those of you who have stayed in a DVC studio, where do you stash the coffee table/chest thingy when the
couch bed is folded out? And how much room is left? Seems like it will be tight!

We put it at the foot sleeper sofa. There's still room, about 2 feet, between the coffee table/chest and the table and chairs. Go to 5:27 mark of the below video which shows what it looks like.

I tried to get Nachos at Tambu Lounge and was told they are no longer available. I took my Lapu Lapu and got them at Captain Cook's. Not the same, but I guess it was good enough :(
I didn’t want to put any CM on the spot by asking so we kept it easy and opted for nachos on the terrace since Trader Sam’s was packed. Still good! Thanks for the final word on the nachos.

Does anyone know - did Poly recently reclassify the rooms in Rarotonga? We stayed there last February, and I'm positive we were in a Standard View room (and the Touring Plans room finder showed many of the rooms in Rarotonga to be standard view). I went to make a room request for a trip in April, and Touring Plans is showing that none of the rooms in Rarotonga are classified as Standard View. Anyone know if this was a recent change? (I'm guessing that lots of people requested Rarotonga since it's next door to GCH, so they wanted to add a premium to the price by reclassifying those rooms.)

Does anyone know - did Poly recently reclassify the rooms in Rarotonga? We stayed there last February, and I'm positive we were in a Standard View room (and the Touring Plans room finder showed many of the rooms in Rarotonga to be standard view). I went to make a room request for a trip in April, and Touring Plans is showing that none of the rooms in Rarotonga are classified as Standard View. Anyone know if this was a recent change? (I'm guessing that lots of people requested Rarotonga since it's next door to GCH, so they wanted to add a premium to the price by reclassifying those rooms.)

I ‘think’ about the only thing thread/Poly regulars have determined about the new Pool/Marina view room category is that we’re not totally sure which rooms are in that category, with much of that confusion being those Rarotonga rooms. I think I’ve seen both reports of folks with a Pool view and Standard view in similarly located Rarotonga rooms.

Long winded way of saying I’m not sure anyone is totally certain.

Caveat in case I’m mistaken with anything I just said.

We stayed at a studio this past April (two kids 9 and 7) and one thing that annoyed my wife and I was the lack of storage space. There are two underbed drawers, a couple of small drawers under the sink in the second (i.e. shower) bathroom, and the coffee table opens the top and that's it. I kept my stuff in the table and it was a minor inconvenience to have to clear off the stuff we'd have on the top of the table to have to get to my clothes. We never saw the standard rooms but, looking online, there does appear to have more easily-accessible drawers and storage than the studios.

Also the bathroom with the tub in it was huge, but really open. I think it would have made more sense to make that room a little bit smaller and added a dresser or something somewhere.

We still had a great time but the layout wasn't as ideal as we had hoped. Even still this was the most enjoyable Disney vacation we've had (our 3rd trip) and the Poly was a major reason why. Its so convenient to the MK and even to Epcot.
We have 4 adults staying in a studio in May & I was looking at pics and can't believe there is literally no place to put away clothes. This is going to drive me crazy! Is the closet big? I thought I must be mistaken until I just read your post. What the heck?!

We were there in November and stayed in a standard view Rarotonga room, monorail side, 3rd floor. I think the rooms on that side have to be Standard. I don’t know what else they’d be considered? But not sure about the ones in the pool side. Those could go either way.

We are staying at the Poly in Dec, Club Level Theme Park View :goodvibes. Needless to say that I am beyond excited, this will be our first time at the Poly (which has always been my dream resort) and of course first time Club Level.

The one question I have so far is if anyone can offer reviews for the Spirit of Aloha show. Is it worth it to try it at least once or not?

TIA!!

We are staying at the Poly in Dec, Club Level Theme Park View :goodvibes. Needless to say that I am beyond excited, this will be our first time at the Poly (which has always been my dream resort) and of course first time Club Level.

The one question I have so far is if anyone can offer reviews for the Spirit of Aloha show. Is it worth it to try it at least once or not?

TIA!!
We really enjoyed it. Food was just okay but we loved the show, even my kids (who normally can’t sit still through anything LOL). The fire dancer was amazing! I think it’s a must do at least once, especially if you’re staying at the Poly. We went on our arrival night and it was a great way to start the trip!

TIA!!

CL TPV is amazing! Enjoy!

I really like the SoA dinner show. We liked the food just fine, but it's nothing special. It's definitely worth trying, especially when staying at the Poly.

TIA!!

Enjoy CL TPV... probably my favorite room type at WDW!

Can't help with SoA... I'm embarrassed to say we've never done it, despite several Poly trips. It's on my list... someday....

Have a great trip.

TIA!!

How exciting! The Poly is a great resort and CL is amazing. We had our first Poly stay years ago, but first CL stay there last Oct and I loved everything about it. Hope you have a great trip! Enjoy the rest of your planning :wizard:.

I agree with the others about SoA. We really enjoyed it and think it's worth doing at least once :).

The fire dancer was amazing! I think it’s a must do at least once, especially if you’re staying at the Poly.

I agree :thumbsup2

I just made our FP+ selections! It's getting so close! All I have left to do for this trip is to decide on DAH and buy our tickets. Now I need to start focusing on the details for our June/July trip!

Planning is half the fun for me, almost as fun as being there! Hope you have a great trip :goodvibes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter