Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
DVC Members Who Are Waitlisted for the Poly...
CALL Member Services!
We were waitlisted for the 24th through the 26th of November for 2 studio rooms. I noticed that the 25th was showing availability on the DVC website, so I called to ask if it was best to just book that night and only waitlist 1 night or would that lose our place in the imaginary "wait list line"
The rep said that she had our reservation and was able to book both waitlisted nights for 2 rooms instead of what was showing on the website. NO MORE WAITLISTING FOR US! AND, she combined the reservations so that it is just 1 reservation for each room instead of 2. So, we don't even have to worry about changing rooms or weird issues with reservations for dining/fp. I am shocked and relieved.

So the lesson here for all of you DVC members is that if you see something crazy like that, go ahead and call.

Can't wait to be back "HOME" in November.
party:

CALL Member Services!
We were waitlisted for the 24th through the 26th of November for 2 studio rooms. I noticed that the 25th was showing availability on the DVC website, so I called to ask if it was best to just book that night and only waitlist 1 night or would that lose our place in the imaginary "wait list line"
The rep said that she had our reservation and was able to book both waitlisted nights for 2 rooms instead of what was showing on the website. NO MORE WAITLISTING FOR US! AND, she combined the reservations so that it is just 1 reservation for each room instead of 2. So, we don't even have to worry about changing rooms or weird issues with reservations for dining/fp. I am shocked and relieved.

So the lesson here for all of you DVC members is that if you see something crazy like that, go ahead and call.

Can't wait to be back "HOME" in November.
party:

Our waitlist come through for April yesterday too! I’m sad not to be staying at Boardwalk but DH is beyond happy not to be changing rooms after one night. We even have enough points left to stay one night after the cruise! DH wants to stay in a DVC we haven’t stayed in before (OKW or Beach Club) so I’m not quite done stalking yet. DH keeps calling asking what “Dischief” I’ve been up to each afternoon!

Now if I can just get my niece and nephew to give me an idea about where they want to eat for ADRs in October! I’m beginning to think they’re overwhelmed by choices and I should just plan for them....

Anyway, 35 days to go! :flower::sail::cloud9:

:hourglass

CALL Member Services!

Glad you were able to get both nights and under 1 reservation! Enjoy the rest of your planning :wizard:.

Our waitlist come through for April yesterday too! I’m sad not to be staying at Boardwalk but DH is beyond happy not to be changing rooms after one night. We even have enough points left to stay one night after the cruise! DH wants to stay in a DVC we haven’t stayed in before (OKW or Beach Club) so I’m not quite done stalking yet. DH keeps calling asking what “Dischief” I’ve been up to each afternoon!

Congrats on your wait list coming through! Good luck with booking the night after your cruise. Hope you have a great trip :goodvibes.

I haven’t been since December but there was double security checks then. Though if you don’t have a bag it’s not so bad.

When taking the Monorail from Poly to Epcot, do you have to get your bag checked again at Epcot? I can't remember where you disembark from the monorail at Epcot. Is it after the bag check and before the entrance gate?

When taking the Monorail from Poly to Epcot, do you have to get your bag checked again at Epcot? I can't remember where you disembark from the monorail at Epcot. Is it after the bag check and before the entrance gate?
yes, you have to go through bag check again at Epcot. The bag check is after you come down the monorail ramp, you turn right after the bag check and the entrance is in front of you. I have heard rumors this might be changing with construction around that area, but haven't heard anything concrete about it yet.

Does anyone know what bed pillows are used at poly? They were amazing and I want to buy them. We stayed in raratonga a couple of weeks ago.

We are here now. Is there a room service menu, because I can't seem to locate one in our room.

There should be a Private Dining booklet in your room. If it’s not there, call (maybe Housekeeping? or dining?) and request one.

It’s relatively small, around a dozen pages with middle staples and harder card stock.

We are here now. Is there a room service menu, because I can't seem to locate one in our room.

I assume you already ordered but for others that don't know "The Feast" as its called on the "Private Dinning" menu in your room is an amazing deal for the amount of food you get. It's easily split between two people and its made up of all the best items at Ohana (with noodles not rice!). It also includes and massive salad and desert and a big container of POG Juice.

dinner.jpg

Ignore the kids burger and yogurt and not pictured is the massive bread pudding.

Last edited:
We've changed 9ur June res to Poly Villas studio not on points or a DVC member. I read awhile back about DVC parking lot constructed, is this for those staying on points and members, or anyone staying in DVC?

We've changed 9ur June res to Poly Villas studio not on points or a DVC member. I read awhile back about DVC parking lot constructed, is this for those staying on points and members, or anyone staying in DVC?

I think the way it works is that if you stay on points, there is no charge for parking. If you are staying there and paying for your room, there is an extra charge for parking. I think it is $24 per day.

I think the way it works is that if you stay on points, there is no charge for parking. If you are staying there and paying for your room, there is an extra charge for parking. I think it is $24 per day.
I know there is the parking fee, but the newer parking lot constructed near the villa a few years ago I guess was "for DVC". Does that mean I can't park in that lot even though staying in the villas?

I know there is the parking fee, but the newer parking lot constructed near the villa a few years ago I guess was "for DVC". Does that mean I can't park in that lot even though staying in the villas?

There's no restriction to the parking lot. It's for convenience. There's no mechanism to check permissions or anything like that.

Any personal experiences with a studio villa with a party of 3, especially for a longer stay (ours will be 6 nights)? We'll be two adults and what will be a tall 10 year old girl. I'm hoping she'll comfortably fit in the murphy bed. Anyway I know about the lack of drawer space but other than that, how did you find it?

We just stayed in a studio villa with a party of 3. My husband, myself and my almost 8 year old daughter. Your daughter will comfortably fit in the murphy bed, guaranteed. Heck, I could've fit in it! it was really comfortable, too!!

It was wonderful. There is PLENTY of space to store your things. Yes, there isn't a lot of drawer space. But there is a closet. Also, you can use the luggage rack thingy to live 'out of the suitcase' if you wanted. We did (for 4 nights) and it worked wonderfully.

The resort is amazing. You will love it. DO IT. :)

We just stayed in a studio villa with a party of 3. My husband, myself and my almost 8 year old daughter. Your daughter will comfortably fit in the murphy bed, guaranteed. Heck, I could've fit in it! it was really comfortable, too!!

It was wonderful. There is PLENTY of space to store your things. Yes, there isn't a lot of drawer space. But there is a closet. Also, you can use the luggage rack thingy to live 'out of the suitcase' if you wanted. We did (for 4 nights) and it worked wonderfully.

The resort is amazing. You will love it. DO IT. :)

Thanks! DH and I did Poly ages ago and loved the resort so we can't wait to get back!

Does Tambu Louge still serve ‘Ohana’s bread pudding and, if so, does anyone know how late into the evening they will serve it?

Thanks!

Does Tambu Louge still serve ‘Ohana’s bread pudding and, if so, does anyone know how late into the evening they will serve it?

Thanks!

They still serve it.

I’m not sure how late they serve it though. Tambu Lounge is typically open til midnight and Ohana and Kona Cafe are typically open til 10pm. Also the inroom twilight feast can be ordered til 10pm, so I’m going to say that after 10pm, there’s a good chance you may not be able to get it. Just a guess though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter