Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got off the phone with my Travel Agent. She is cancelling our June 2020 trip. She will be calling Disney to book a trip in July or August 2021 at the Polynesian, hotel only for now just so that we can get our rooms. We are hoping for a TPV and another room for DD whether it also be TPV right next door or across the hall. When we stayed in Raratonga in 2018, she was right across the hall, and it was very convenient. Anyway, with the virus and lots of unknowns, we will be skipping Club Level this time and will book the Deluxe Dining Plan when the time comes. She can't do air for a while, but American Airlines allows us to change our trip up to December 2021 as of right now. Hopefully that won't change.

It feels so weird to cancel and have to start from scratch. I'm supposed to do my Fastpasses on the 25th. I have to cancel all of my awesome ADR's that I worked so hard for back in December.

I should not complain. My friend's mother has Covid19 and pneumonia. Her sister is a nurse currently working at the Javits Center in NYC with Covid only patients.:sad1: My nephew is struggling to keep his restaurant going serving curbside food and selling groceries. There's just so much going on. Here we go with my first-world problem.

Anyway, I guess it is good to keep my mind off of all the terrible things going on right now and have some hope that in 15 months, things may be better and safe enough to perhaps have a very fun and very relaxing Disney World vacation.

Here's to HOPE

I'm sorry you cancelled your June trip, but glad you are rescheduling for next year. The Poly will be a great place to be after all of this is over :).

I hope your friend's mom is doing ok and that she has a quick recovery. Sorry about your nephew's restaurant. I hope things change very soon so he and all the other restaurant/business owners can get back to somewhat normal operations :flower3:.

Can't wait to finally stay at the Poly!!!

The Poly is amazing!!! Hope your first stay is very magical :wizard:.

I'm sorry you cancelled your June trip, but glad you are rescheduling for next year. The Poly will be a great place to be after all of this is over :).

I hope your friend's mom is doing ok and that she has a quick recovery. Sorry about your nephew's restaurant. I hope things change very soon so he and all the other restaurant/business owners can get back to somewhat normal operations :flower3:.

The Poly is amazing!!! Hope your first stay is very magical :wizard:.
Thank you so much.

This afternoon I booked two rooms only at the Polynesian for the week of July 20-27, 2021. The prices are quite high considering that we have not included tickets and dining yet. I'm hoping that we will be able to make changes when packages come out. My TA advised me not to wait to book our rooms because so many people are rescheduling for that time period. So, at least we have our rooms. Everything else will come later.

Hopefully a vaccine will be out by then...

My head it going to explode but thank you 🤣
Hi Shacka1
I don't know if this will help, but I like to approach learning about the monorail from the "where am I going?" point of view.

If you are at the Poly and you want to go to the Magic Kingdom (and you want to ride the monorail vs taking a boat), it makes sense to take the resort monorail. It will pick you up on the 2nd floor of the poly, stop at Grand Floridian and then on to Magic Kingdom.
This also applies if you are wanting to go to the Grand Floridian or perhaps the Contemporary (which is the next stop past the Magic Kingdom) to shop or eat at those resorts.

However, if you are at the Poly and wishing to go to Epcot it MIGHT make sense to walk to the TTC and get directly on the Epcot monorail. The alternative would be to take the resort monorail to the TTC, (which then includes stops at GF, MK, Contem and finally the TTC where you have to disembark and transfer over to the Epcot monorail line).

Of course as GADisneyDad14 points out, throwing in the security stations can further complicate things, depending on which stations are quicker, but typicially if you are going to MK, the resort monorail is the easiest. If you are going to Epcot then it's a bit more complicated depending what side of the resort you are on, and whether you mind walking a bit more.

Oh yeah, and the little boats that head to the Magic Kingdom are pretty awesome in their own right :)

I’ve been kind of down about our July 4th trip potentially turning sideways (or at the very least not even remotely resembling the trip I’d envisioned when I booked last year) so my husband just booked us NYE at the Poly as a back up. I usually do the booking and planning so it’s super sweet he did it to cheer me up. Here’s to future trips 🌴🌞🌸

Hi Shacka1
I don't know if this will help, but I like to approach learning about the monorail from the "where am I going?" point of view.

If you are at the Poly and you want to go to the Magic Kingdom (and you want to ride the monorail vs taking a boat), it makes sense to take the resort monorail. It will pick you up on the 2nd floor of the poly, stop at Grand Floridian and then on to Magic Kingdom.
This also applies if you are wanting to go to the Grand Floridian or perhaps the Contemporary (which is the next stop past the Magic Kingdom) to shop or eat at those resorts.

However, if you are at the Poly and wishing to go to Epcot it MIGHT make sense to walk to the TTC and get directly on the Epcot monorail. The alternative would be to take the resort monorail to the TTC, (which then includes stops at GF, MK, Contem and finally the TTC where you have to disembark and transfer over to the Epcot monorail line).

Of course as GADisneyDad14 points out, throwing in the security stations can further complicate things, depending on which stations are quicker, but typicially if you are going to MK, the resort monorail is the easiest. If you are going to Epcot then it's a bit more complicated depending what side of the resort you are on, and whether you mind walking a bit more.

Oh yeah, and the little boats that head to the Magic Kingdom are pretty awesome in their own right :)
Awesome thank you so much! I think my head is starting to explode a bit less now

Thank you so much.

You're welcome :).

This afternoon I booked two rooms only at the Polynesian for the week of July 20-27, 2021. The prices are quite high considering that we have not included tickets and dining yet. I'm hoping that we will be able to make changes when packages come out. My TA advised me not to wait to book our rooms because so many people are rescheduling for that time period. So, at least we have our rooms. Everything else will come later.

Glad you were able to book for next year. Hope everything works out and you have an awesome Poly trip :goodvibes.

I’ve been kind of down about our July 4th trip potentially turning sideways (or at the very least not even remotely resembling the trip I’d envisioned when I booked last year) so my husband just booked us NYE at the Poly as a back up. I usually do the booking and planning so it’s super sweet he did it to cheer me up. Here’s to future trips 🌴🌞🌸

How sweet of your DH! Hope everything works out for your trip! :wizard:

Hopefully a vaccine will be out by then...

This is really making me think of getting ourselves into gear for next May. We decided to extend from 10 days to 2 weeks (what’s 4 more days?) and will be doing a split with the first 5 days at GF. I haven’t figured out our exact dates, just that it will be around my 40th birthday at the end of the month. Not sure if we want to do the last 2 weeks or last of May/first of June. But this is making me strongly consider figuring it out soon.

I’m essential govt and have been called in yesterday and today and tomorrow to train temps at our overflow call center. I came home last night exhausted and drained and the thought of that trip was the only thing that got me through the day.

This is really making me think of getting ourselves into gear for next May. We decided to extend from 10 days to 2 weeks (what’s 4 more days?) and will be doing a split with the first 5 days at GF. I haven’t figured out our exact dates, just that it will be around my 40th birthday at the end of the month. Not sure if we want to do the last 2 weeks or last of May/first of June. But this is making me strongly consider figuring it out soon.

I’m essential govt and have been called in yesterday and today and tomorrow to train temps at our overflow call center. I came home last night exhausted and drained and the thought of that trip was the only thing that got me through the day.
I think it would be smart to get it done now. I went back and forth with her because I was concerned about getting the flights I wanted, and she flat-out told me that if I held off much longer, she could probably get me a room somewhere in the summer of 2021, but probably not at the Polynesian. For me, where I stay is the most important part of our vacation, so if she could only get me at say All Stars Sports for instance, I wouldn't be interested. (Nothing against All Stars...we used to stay at the ASMusic when we were younger and spent all day in the parks. Now we only spend mornings and spend the majority of our time at the resort.) I'm just craving that relaxing Hawaiian music so much right now.

Hello, it looks like I’m finally going to stay at the Poly in March 2021, after years of dreaming and 21 WDW trips staying at other resorts. I’m renting DVC deluxe studio points for our stay, and close to finishing the process.
Room location recommendations very appreciated! I’ve visited the Poly many times, but would love to accept your recommendations based on what room locations you enjoyed in this category:
Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows: Standard View Deluxe Studio Villa. Many thanks! 🌺

Hello, it looks like I’m finally going to stay at the Poly in March 2021, after years of dreaming and 21 WDW trips staying at other resorts. I’m renting DVC deluxe studio points for our stay, and close to finishing the process.
Room location recommendations very appreciated! I’ve visited the Poly many times, but would love to accept your recommendations based on what room locations you enjoyed in this category:
Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows: Standard View Deluxe Studio Villa. Many thanks! 🌺
How exciting for you! I We like to stay in Tokelau when we stay standard at the villas. It’s close to the quiet pool and the Great Ceremonial House so very convenient!

I think it would be smart to get it done now. I went back and forth with her because I was concerned about getting the flights I wanted, and she flat-out told me that if I held off much longer, she could probably get me a room somewhere in the summer of 2021, but probably not at the Polynesian. For me, where I stay is the most important part of our vacation, so if she could only get me at say All Stars Sports for instance, I wouldn't be interested. (Nothing against All Stars...we used to stay at the ASMusic when we were younger and spent all day in the parks. Now we only spend mornings and spend the majority of our time at the resort.) I'm just craving that relaxing Hawaiian music so much right now.

I took this to heart and emailed our TA. We decided on 5/22/21 - 6/4/21, first four nights at GF and the rest at Poly. Hopefully availability is there. It doesn't hurt anyway because we have refunded gift card money to play with. Just having the dates set instead of this nebulous "some time next May" is making me feel better. I had to train temps for my city agency today and yesterday and I'm stressed out beyond belief (now is not a fun time to be in NYC) so I feel you on needing that relaxing Poly vibe about now.

Even cooler is that a local friend is dying to hang out with us, so we're going to try to hit Spirit of Aloha together, hit up Trader Sam's or maybe invite her over for Twilight Feast on the balcony for fireworks. :-)

I took this to heart and emailed our TA. We decided on 5/22/21 - 6/4/21, first four nights at GF and the rest at Poly. Hopefully availability is there. It doesn't hurt anyway because we have refunded gift card money to play with. Just having the dates set instead of this nebulous "some time next May" is making me feel better. I had to train temps for my city agency today and yesterday and I'm stressed out beyond belief (now is not a fun time to be in NYC) so I feel you on needing that relaxing Poly vibe about now.

Even cooler is that a local friend is dying to hang out with us, so we're going to try to hit Spirit of Aloha together, hit up Trader Sam's or maybe invite her over for Twilight Feast on the balcony for fireworks. :-)
Perfect.

I hope that you are working from home. Stay safe and well.

For me, where I stay is the most important part of our vacation, so if she could only get me at say All Stars Sports for instance, I wouldn't be interested. (Nothing against All Stars...we used to stay at the ASMusic when we were younger and spent all day in the parks. Now we only spend mornings and spend the majority of our time at the resort.) I'm just craving that relaxing Hawaiian music so much right now.

Same here. We spend more time at the resort than we do the parks, so the resort is the most important aspect of our trips. Thinking about walking around the Poly grounds or relaxing by the pool listening to the Hawaiian music and the boat horns makes me want to be there right now :cloud9:.

How exciting! I can't help with the studio longhouses as we've never stayed in one, but wanted to say I hope you have a great trip! The Poly is an amazing resort, you are going to love it :wizard:.

Sounds like an amazing trip! Enjoy all the planning :).

Finally booked Polynesian Jan 9-12, 2021! (part of our split stay for Marathon weekend) This has always been our favorite resort to visit, but this will be our first stay. I cannot wait!

Hope you have a great time! The Poly is a beautiful resort as well as very relaxing, you will love it! Enjoy the planning :goodvibes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter