Disney's Pop Century Resort - DW & DH in our 60's ?

Can we ask for a 50's room - near the laundry, upper floor not being a Handicap room ?
We are both born in the late 50's - 1958 & 1956
I even love the 1958 sign - never new the facts :)

Hula Hoops cost $1.98 and 25 million sold in 2 months
Plus it was the first year for the Grammy awards !

My DH and I often stay at
the Pop, and we are in our 60s also. Its a good resort!

Can we ask for a 50's room - near the laundry, upper floor not being a Handicap room ?
Definitely,but I wouldn't include near the Laundry as it is right by the Pool and easy to get to from anywhere in the 1950s.:)

We LOVE the 1950s and always request "1950s/Fireworks View".:)

We LOVE the Pool in the shape of a Bowling Pin!

And the Soundtrack at the Bowling Pool is awesome-a lot of 1950s music-Elvis,etc.!:)

Pop Century/1950s is at or very near the top of our favorite places to stay at WDW!:)

31072704002_d823b2c2f4_c.jpg

Last edited:
By 2020 there will be the sky-liner too!
I can not wait !
Fireworks view - wow - never knew you could see them from POP :)

I would stay at Pop again for the right deal, but lately, we’ve been staying at the Swan. If you have flexibility in your dates, you can stay there or the Dolphin for a reasonable price and not much more than Pop at rack.

You will give up the Magical Express and you won’t be able to purchase a Disney dining plan, but if you can do without those things, you’ll stay in a top notch resort that is walking distance of two parks (Epcot and Studios).

To stay in our budget - would the Pop Century resort be a good place for us to stay ?
It would be early May or early November, time of the year.

Yes, I think it would be a great choice.

Just us, DW & DH, we will be in our early 60's and can walk 5 miles a day with no issues.

We would ask for a preferred room, not facing the pool, and an upper floor.

Just clarifying; you would have to book a preferred room, and then request the other 2 options. I do think if you want to minimize walking at Pop that booking a preferred is worth it, others disagree and that's fine, but preferred just insures that if you want to be closer to the main hub you will be.

What are your suggestions for us ?

The top floor is definitely what I would request for noise purposes. I also travel with a white noise machine. Those two things apply at any hotel I stay at, not just Pop. Another suggestion is to try to eat in the food court at "odd" times, we eat earlier than everyone else on the whole and are not bothered by a mad rush. Also remember Art of Animation is just across the bridge, if you feel like a walk, you can go check out that hotel. One of my favorite early morning walks is to wander the sidewalks around Hourglass lake.

We love the Dolphin - but did not think we could get a room for less than $200 a night :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter