Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m excited to be staying at POP!!
I’m doing my first split stay, with Pop as the first resort. The plan is to pack up my bags and then hit the MK.
Do I bring my bags to luggage service? Do I call them and just leave them in the room for transfer?
I’ve read about long lines at luggage service, and I’m trying to plan my triumphant return to the MK after a 3 year absence. Thank you!!

I’m doing my first split stay, with Pop as the first resort. The plan is to pack up my bags and then hit the MK.
Do I bring my bags to luggage service? Do I call them and just leave them in the room for transfer?
I’ve read about long lines at luggage service, and I’m trying to plan my triumphant return to the MK after a 3 year absence. Thank you!!
I am also doing my first split stay, POP is booked but I am still waiting for my second hotel to reopen. I would love more info on what happens on swap over day.

Does the POP have a scavenger hunt for the resort? Also I saw that by the pool area on certain days they do Mickey's Tye Dye. Is is just for kids or can adults participate? What is the cost? Is it still available to do on Sunday's this month?

Does the POP have a scavenger hunt for the resort? Also I saw that by the pool area on certain days they do Mickey's Tye Dye. Is is just for kids or can adults participate? What is the cost? Is it still available to do on Sunday's this month?
I'm not sure about the scavenger hunt but the dye is for everyone. Not sure if cost. I think 3 years ago it was $20 for a child’s t-shirt.

I'm not sure about the scavenger hunt but the dye is for everyone. Not sure if cost. I think 3 years ago it was $20 for a child’s t-shirt.
$26 now
I just learned about it last week and researched it. Typically it was three days of the week that it is offered

MY Question
How is the food court and is it “open”?
We are staying at AoA and thinking of checking out POP some day but heard all the food court offerings are scaled down and basically serving the same exact stuff

MY Question
We are staying at AoA and thinking of checking out POP some day but heard all the food court offerings are scaled down and basically serving the same exact stuff
[/QUOTE]

My most recent experience was that both Food Courts are open. However, the food choices were very similar unlike in the past, when the AofA Food Court offered slightly elevated options.

MY Question
Pop food court is available for mobile ordering. Distanced seating is available inside and out.

You can check out all menus on the MDE app. Go in to mobile ordering and you can see the Menus there.

I've always brought my bags down myself, but I don't know for sure if you need to.
Yesterday we got in line at luggage services a little before 10am (check out day, but we had a late flight) and it wasn't too bad, but it quickly became super long behind us. We were on the Skyliner by 10:30.

Here is the current schedule.

The Mickey Tie-Dye is in the Resort Airline Check-in space that isn't currently being used.

The also do some Trivia at Hippy Dippy,but a large amount of Pool Games like they did Pre-Covid hasn't returned yet.
View attachment 571551

Any updates to the recreational activities since this post? We check in next Wednesday and hope to do tie-dye and want to plan appropriately. Thanks!! :flower:

When I paid off our trip I asked our travel agent if she's heard about people being asked to move from Pop and offered spots of Art of Animation, etc. and she said it's been happening quite a bit! And not just from Pop but for other resorts too- she said it's been pretty common that Disney has been reaching out and asking folks if they would switch right now.

Makes me wonder if Pop is expected to be wildly crowded when we go in June but hopefully all their resort 'reorganizing' helps that. But if we get offered an upgrade I'd consider it. :)

MY Question

My most recent experience was that both Food Courts are open. However, the food choices were very similar unlike in the past, when the AofA Food Court offered slightly elevated options.
[/QUOTE]
I agree. When I was there in December 2020, there were still a few different options, but my trip earlier this month they were virtually identical. I think the only differences were they offered a different cupcake, and the individual sides you can order separately had one option that was different. I was very disappointed because I sometimes take the bus back from Epcot to AoA and eat dinner there, and it wasn’t worth making the effort. They used to have a good stir fry option at AoA that I really liked, and it was no longer available.

Disney overhauled all of the food court offerings at the resorts in August 2019 and things just haven't been the same since. Pop lost some good stuff but IMHO AoA took a much bigger hit. :( We used to walk across the bridge a few times each trip to visit the AoA food court but our last trip we found it wasn't worth it, and all this was pre-Covid shutdown.

Can anyone confirm what time the buses have started running? I read on Facebook that with parks that open at 8 are actually opening at 7 and buses are running about 6:30? What about the skyliner?

Can anyone confirm what time the buses have started running? I read on Facebook that with parks that open at 8 are actually opening at 7 and buses are running about 6:30? What about the skyliner?
It is recommended that you arrive at transportation 90 mins before posted park opening if you wish to arrive in time for rope drop. Buses/Skyliner normally start running 60-75 mins before park opening but waiting to arrive then will mean you will likely join a lengthy line.

I was there end of April and they were starting to pick up about 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 before official opening!

What's the current Mousekeeping situation? How often are they servicing the room and what services are they doing? Where can we get extra towels if needed between servicing? Thanks for your help!

What's the current Mousekeeping situation? How often are they servicing the room and what services are they doing? Where can we get extra towels if needed between servicing? Thanks for your help!
According to the Disney website they are supposed to remove garbage and dirty towels every-other day. People's individual experiences about this vary.

You may call and request additional towel, coffee supplies, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter