Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Pop Century host school groups? I am thinking about next summer - June 2022. How likely are there to be large, loud groups staying there then?

I know I’ve asked before, but has anyone noticed the self service drinks for mugs being available before 7? Or is the pool bar self-service open at all? Do we have times for that if so?
Access to drink stations is not allowed outside of food court hours as it's all one big space. It's also attached to the Everything Pop store so none of it is accessible outside of hours posted.

This will not change unless the refurbish the area and there is no talk of doing that.

Access to drink stations is not allowed outside of food court hours as it's all one big space. It's also attached to the Everything Pop store so none of it is accessible outside of hours posted.

This will not change unless the refurbish the area and there is no talk of doing that.
Thanks so much- I must be thinking of POFQ, ans maybe even Sports, too, that I went in while family was getting ready and filled our mugs before they started actually opened for orders/food.

Thanks so much- I must be thinking of POFQ, ans maybe even Sports, too, that I went in while family was getting ready and filled our mugs before they started actually opened for orders/food.
Sports/Music/Movies had 24/7 Beverage Island access Pre-Covid made posssible by their Merchandise Shops and Food Courts being "separate".

However World Premiere at Movies is only accessible during regular hours in Covid World.

Also Guests are not allowed to approach the Beverage Islands as "normal"-there is a queue and a CM directs Guests from there so only 1 Guest at a time is doing a refill at each dispenser.

The Beverage Station at Petals is not open.

Sports/Music/Movies had 24/7 Beverage Island access Pre-Covid made posssible by their Merchandise Shops and Food Courts being "separate".

However World Premiere at Movies is only accessible during regular hours in Covid World.

Also Guests are not allowed to approach the Beverage Islands as "normal"-there is a queue and a CM directs Guests from there so only 1 Guest at a time is doing a refill at each dispenser.

They started letting people get their own beverages several weeks ago.

Thank you so much! Sometimes these areas just run together in my brain. 😂 When getting teenagers up at the crack of dawn for rope drop, access to caffeine has always been a good thing. I’ll have to warn them that’s it’s in room coffee, or wait! Or maybe we can fill right before closing without ice and put in fridge for the morning. I appreciate the heads up!

They started letting people get their own beverages several weeks ago.
Definitely,but when we were there last month,you had to enter a queue and wait for a CM to send you to a dispenser.

So there is no longer a line with a CM telling Guests when it is their "turn" to go to the dispensers and refill their Mug?

The line moved fast when we were there last month,but no CM "directing" traffic and being able to go directly to the dispensers sounds like old times! :)

I'm here at Pop Century right now and I really miss the food court. This Mobile Ordering is terrible. I love looking at the food and deciding. I feel the selection is much smaller. Plus no custom orders. Overall I can't wait until the real food courts return.

Yea, just a complaint. I know I should just be happy to be here. On a positive note this is my first time using the Skyliner and it's great. :)

I'm here at Pop Century right now and I really miss the food court. This Mobile Ordering is terrible. I love looking at the food and deciding. I feel the selection is much smaller. Plus no custom orders. Overall I can't wait until the real food courts return.

Yea, just a complaint. I know I should just be happy to be here. On a positive note this is my first time using the Skyliner and it's great. :)
These are valid concerns for sure! I was already disappointed when they cut back the resort QS food offerings in 2019 so an even further reduced menu isn't good at all. Hoping with the changes that are happening that we'll soon see more food options return.

Glad you're enjoying the Skyliner. Can't wait to try it!

Do you still have to enter a line at the Beverage Station with a Cast Member directing Guests when it is their turn to go to a dispenser and refill their Mug or has that restriction been lifted?

Totally agree about missing going to all the individual Food Stations and having so MANY more options!

The below picture was taken over at Intermission Food Court at All-Star Music Pre-Covid-with things happening SO rapidly,I am thinking we are relatively close to the return of a FULL Food Court experience!

Skyliner rocks and is a GAME CHANGER-glad you are enjoying it!

We ride it just for fun sometimes-LOVE to take Sunset Flights!

Have a GROOVY time at this FAR OUT Resort!

I have heard that the Riviera QS is good. If you have the time it might be worth taking the Skyliner over there.

Do you still have to enter a line at the Beverage Station with a Cast Member directing Guests when it is their turn to go to a dispenser and refill their Mug or has that restriction been lifted?

I'm not sure. Even though I do long stays, 12 nights this trip, I never get the refillable mug. I prefer drinking water to soda most of the time and I'll make coffee in the mornings in my room.

What is the best way to request a downstairs room? We are arriving late and so I'm a little concerned about the request being granted.

What is the best way to request a downstairs room? We are arriving late and so I'm a little concerned about the request being granted.

You can call and request it although like everything, it's a request but not a guarantee. If you arrive and the room isn't a downstairs room you may go to the desk and see if they can move you.

I put in that request along with my reservation for an accessible room. Then I request it again as my only request when I do advanced check in. When that doesn't work I ask at the desk if they can move me. It took about 2 hrs in Feb for them to get a ground floor room ready for me after my arrival time, they offered me one on the 3rd floor when we got there. We just waited at Petals until it was ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter