Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just knowing I have a trip planned to Pop makes me so happy - it could be 5 years off and I would still be giddy, ha!

:lovestruc me some Pop!

Yay! Subscribed! :)

:wave2:

We are headed to POP 2/25 - 3/4 for my 40th birthday:cool1: It's our first time at POP, so I'm learning all I can! We stayed at POFQ once before and loved it. I think my dh is a little nervous about the downgrade, but we had to plan a more budget friendly trip this time around.

:yay: What a great way to celebrate a birthday! :cool1:

POP is great... different than FQ, but then all the resorts have something special to offer. With the savings you might plan a special dinner or event to celebrate your birthday... or add a two or two to soak in F&G which starts the day you are leaving. :)

I'm days away from a Pop stay. Thanks for all the helpful info!

~NM

woohoo! If you get a room with the new hairdryers, can you be our official tester?? :)

I just booked our first vacation at Pop for April 2015!! Woohoo!!! :)

Heather

Awesome!! A great time to visit the world!

Thanks for all your hard work on the resort!!
I'm 19 days out from checking in for 10 day Solo trip and I can't wait. I sooo need a Vacation and a cold adult beverage!! : )

Wow - ten days! We've never have stayed longer than a week. When our DD is out of HS, then maybe. Enjoy your vacation (with plenty of adult beverages to go around). :goodvibes

Woo Hoo!!

Staying at Pop twice next year! May & August! :beach:

Yeah!! We are looking at possibly March or May, and then our yearly August trip. :)

Been back from POP for 4 days and am going through withdrawal. Lol Will be back home in 348 days. :(

Heck, my stay in September was only 2 days (was visiting with DS for most of the trip)... not long enough for a withdrawal! lol I need a return trip in a bad way.

Only 3 days until POP! :cool1:
DS and I have been wanting a just us weekend for years! We're only going to DHS but we got the FP we wanted, and online check in is done ( I let DS make the room location requests) and we haven't even gotten the luggage out! So much to do pixiedust:

Nice! Are you planning on going to MNSSHP??

61 days for us. :lovestruc

:woohoo:

27 days! :cool1:

Curious about the new hairdryers...anyone have an idea if/when they will be done with the replacements?

I know, not a big issue, but I really hope we won't have to bring our own hairdryer again this year.

Hopefully someone already there will chime in and/or Ninja Mom or SplashMtnCrew would be fortunate to get a room with the new dryers and will check them out for us. :cool1:

Just knowing I have a trip planned to Pop makes me so happy - it could be 5 years off and I would still be giddy, ha!

:lovestruc me some Pop!

::yes:: We all get the feeling too! :hippie:

:wave2:

:yay: What a great way to celebrate a birthday! :cool1:

POP is great... different than FQ, but then all the resorts have something special to offer. With the savings you might plan a special dinner or event to celebrate your birthday... or add a two or two to soak in F&G which starts the day you are leaving. :)

Thanks! I have reservations for O'hana the night of my birthday. I loved O'hana, but I'm a little nervous about the menu changes. It was so hard to decide where to go. The rest of the family wants Teppan Edo, so we are going to try and fit that one in too.

2 days away from retuning to POP!! So excited it is truly the most fun and magical value resort. :goodvibes

We're not going to MNSSHP which is disappointing but we're still happy to go!
If we get a room with the new hair dryer I will let you know!
But I always bring my own no matter what cuz I just can't risk having a hair dryer problem!! I did get the luggage out and stopped at the store for a few travel items, so excited!:goodvibes

I just wish we were there right now. I'm having serious PDD even though we're going next year. I think its the dread of winter coming up that's making me feel so down. :(

I'm feeling very sad that we are spending our last night here at Pop. It has been a brilliant week. We haven't eaten much at Pop, as we have spent as much time in the parks as possible.

The time has flown and we haven't had time to do all the little things I wanted to do - walking around the lake, walking over to AofA, walking around the resort - we haven't even ventured in to the 90s, 50s or 60s! The kids haven't even spent their free credits in the arcade area - lol!

But we have loved it here. It is a wonderful feeling to get off the buss at night and jump in the Hippy Dippy pool :)

Was looking at staying at POP for one night (and hitting a MVMCP) after our DCL cruise but haven't been able to snag a room with a discount. Looks like we will just have to go over and say hello to our CM friends there.

Awesome! Deals are out for my dates, 2/24 to 3/3! We had booked room only and just upgraded to S,P, & D with standard dining plan (since I have TS already reserved, one a day anyway!). Super excited to lock in a good price and family is excited too! :cool1:

Still 138 days to go though...

When I look at the T-Shape buildings, can you tell me if you can walk through the "intersection" of the two arms of the T? Does that even make any sense? What I think I mean is, if my room is on the back side of a building, can I walk through that building somehow, or is my only choice to walk all the way around the outside? Thanks!

Only 22 more days until our first visit to the World! :woohoo:

I love reading this thread - so excited to stay at POP! :yay:

When I look at the T-Shape buildings, can you tell me if you can walk through the "intersection" of the two arms of the T? Does that even make any sense? What I think I mean is, if my room is on the back side of a building, can I walk through that building somehow, or is my only choice to walk all the way around the outside? Thanks!
The answer to your first question is yes.

Just added the SPD promotion to my February trip and changed from POFQ to POP. We stayed at POP in March 2009 and really enjoyed it. We've been resort hopping since then and had planned on trying out all the value and moderate resorts before we re-stayed somewhere. But, I can't make myself stay at an All Star resort and have to bus share and I can't stand passing up a discount (POFQ is never included). So, POP it is! So excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter