Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the current time frame for each building makeover, how long did the first one take ? And does the next building seem to be going quicker or about the same ?

There is another thread here https://www.disboards.com/threads/pop-century-room-renovations.3573071/page-111 where the renovation discussions are ongoing. Here is a summary of the progress

Bldg 8, 90's, started renovation on 6 March, opened on 8 June (~renovation time 94 days)
Bldg 9, 80's, started renovation early May, scheduled to open 24 July (~renovation time 80 days)
Bldg 7, 80's, started renovation early June, scheduled to open 14 August (~renovation time 70 days)

No other buildings have been started but guestimating building 10 will be next and should be started in the need week or two, with building 6 being 4-6 weeks behind it getting started.

It appears that they are getting faster as they get more familar with what they need to do. I'm guessing that each remaining building will take ~60 days to complete and that they will start a new building every 30-45 days.

Here is my best guestimate on the remaining schedule

bldg 10 : 25 July - 23 Sept
bldg 6 : 5 Sept - 4 Nov
bldg 5 : 17 Oct - 16 Dec
bldg 4 : 28 Nov - 27 Jan
bldg 3 : 9 Jan - 10 March
bldg 1 : 20 Feb - 21 April
bldg 2 : 3 April - 2 June.

Janet, is there anyway to get the renovation information (buildings completed, under renovations, building renovation start date, etc) in one of the empty top posts. As stated above there is an on-going thread discussing the renovation, but having the summary in one place would be SUPER helpful for many.

EDIT : Corrected Building 8 open date.

Last edited:
There is another thread here https://www.disboards.com/threads/pop-century-room-renovations.3573071/page-111 where the renovation discussions are ongoing. Here is a summary of the progress

Bldg 8, 90's, started renovation on 6 March, opened on 5 May (~renovation time 94 days)
Bldg 9, 80's, started renovation early May, scheduled to open 24 July (~renovation time 80 days)
Bldg 7, 80's, started renovation early June, scheduled to open 14 August (~renovation time 70 days)

No other buildings have been started but guestimating building 10 will be next and should be started in the need week or two, with building 6 being 4-6 weeks behind it getting started.

It appears that they are getting faster as they get more familar with what they need to do. I'm guessing that each remaining building will take ~60 days to complete and that they will start a new building every 30-45 days.

Janet, is there anyway to get the renovation information (buildings completed, under renovations, building renovation start date, etc) in one of the empty top posts. As stated above there is an on-going thread discussing the renovation, but having the summary in one place would be SUPER helpful for many.

Great info. Didn't building 8 open on June 5th??

OK so just wanted to share I received not 1 BUT 2 pin codes in the mail yesterday. Only downside is they are for a time frame that I can not travel. Better luck next time.

Two questions, one, am I the only one who can not see any pictures at the beginning of this thread? Two, what are the drink options for the refillable mugs at the resort? Thanks

Fountain soda drinks (coke sprite etc) coffee tea hot chocolate. Also can not see images on pafe one. user needs to update their photbucket account.

Two questions, one, am I the only one who can not see any pictures at the beginning of this thread? Two, what are the drink options for the refillable mugs at the resort? Thanks

Photo Bucket, the website MANY of us and others have used to store our pictures for years and then share here has just started a new policy ... the only way to share your pictures on a site like this (3rd party) is to pay for their upgraded accounts. I reviewed them, and decided it was not worth the money they wanted. I deleted a couple thousand photos then closed my account. So anyone who has closed or not upgraded, will have those graphics showing. So you will see lots of them.

Fountain soda drinks (coke sprite etc) coffee tea hot chocolate. Also can not see images on pafe one. user needs to update their photbucket account.

In addition to Coca-Cola brand sodas (Coke, Cherry Coke, Diet Coke, Caffeine Free Diet Coke <sometimes>, Sprite, Sprite Zero, Fanta Orange, Rootbeer), coffee, tea, and hot chocolate, there is also Powerade (Blue...I think), Hi-C (I've seen both Orange Lava Burst and Fruit Punch), Minute Maid Lite Lemonade, and 4 variations of Gold Peak Iced Tea. Oh, and water. :)

In addition to Coca-Cola brand sodas (Coke, Cherry Coke, Diet Coke, Caffeine Free Diet Coke <sometimes>, Sprite, Sprite Zero, Fanta Orange, Rootbeer), coffee, tea, and hot chocolate, there is also Powerade (Blue...I think), Hi-C (I've seen both Orange Lava Burst and Fruit Punch), Minute Maid Lite Lemonade, and 4 variations of Gold Peak Iced Tea. Oh, and water. :)

Wish the POP had Cherry Coke when we were there in June, would have made the refillable mug more "useful" for us. We ended up going over to AoA a few extra times because they had Mellow Yellow there.

I really wish all the resorts had at least one or two Coke FreeStyle machines. I would have gladly paid extra for a refillable mug that had access to them!

Wish the POP had Cherry Coke when we were there in June, would have made the refillable mug more "useful" for us. We ended up going over to AoA a few extra times because they had Mellow Yellow there.

I really wish all the resorts had at least one or two Coke FreeStyle machines. I would have gladly paid extra for a refillable mug that had access to them!

Hmmmm, maybe it was AoA that had the cherry coke.... Either way, it was *last* June that we were at AoA (but ate at Pop a time or two). I think they change out the flavors periodically because wherever it was that we had the Cherry Coke, I remember my husband saying that he wished they had it the year before.

I'm a huge fan of the Coke Freestyle machines. I usually drink the Gold Peak ice tea at Disney but my "go to" soda is Caffeine Free Diet Cherry Vanilla coke...which is only available in the freestyle machines. I suspect/hope/pray that over time *all* of the food courts will go to these. I thought there was a picture a few months back when the renovations started at Pop that showed numerous freestye machines lined up in the parking lot. Wonder where they are now....

Bldg 8, 90's, started renovation on 6 March, opened on 8 June (~renovation time 94 days)

EDIT : Corrected Building 8 open date.

If building 10 opened on Sept 23rd or before I would be ecstatic, that's the day we get there!!! I'm going to be monitoring like a hawk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter