Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking through their menu and noticed tie-dye wasn't on there. Judge me if you will, but I chose Pop because of the cheesecake over the other value resorts. I'm sure the vacation will still delight, just sad to see it gone.
They had the tye-dye cheesecake when I was there in September. I'm sorry to say, but I think I got food poisoning from it. It was my last day, I had just checked in my luggage for my flight, headed over to the food court to burn a snack credit and got the cheesecake. Ate the cheesecake and went back to my room to finish getting ready and I instantaneously fell terribly ill. I was not sick at all before this, felt great, was really excited to spend the day at MK and go to BOG for breakfast. I have no food allergies or sensitivities and cheesecake is a favorite of mine. I was immediately faced with adding another day to my stay and changing my flight. Disney was great, Delta was terrible. I was hoping I'd feel good enough to visit a park that night, but no such luck.

This is just my experience with the cheesecake. I understand stuff like this happens and sometimes you cant control it, but I will never touch that cheesecake again!!!

They had the tye-dye cheesecake when I was there in September. I'm sorry to say, but I think I got food poisoning from it. It was my last day, I had just checked in my luggage for my flight, headed over to the food court to burn a snack credit and got the cheesecake. Ate the cheesecake and went back to my room to finish getting ready and I instantaneously fell terribly ill. I was not sick at all before this, felt great, was really excited to spend the day at MK and go to BOG for breakfast. I have no food allergies or sensitivities and cheesecake is a favorite of mine. I was immediately faced with adding another day to my stay and changing my flight. Disney was great, Delta was terrible. I was hoping I'd feel good enough to visit a park that night, but no such luck.

This is just my experience with the cheesecake. I understand stuff like this happens and sometimes you cant control it, but I will never touch that cheesecake again!!!

Instant feeling of sickness after eating isn't food poisoning. It takes at least an hour for food poisoning symptoms, and sometimes it can take days for food poisoning symptoms so it's kinda hard to pinpoint what might have done it.

Anyway, I'm sorry that you had such an awful experience, it sounds truly horrible. But maybe you could still enjoy the cheesecake in the future!

I couldn't find ya posts to quote, but do not worry there was a LOT of tyedye cheesecake in those cases last night! They are now in the little plastic containers with the worms in dirt and other deserts in the cooler, instead of in the cooler with the cakes.

Interesting. Most other WDW resorts sell the cases in gift shop. Just single serve items in food court. Thanks for the info.

It's in the cooler at AoA as well. I think all of the Value resorts have the cases/multi-packs of water in the coolers because they have large food courts with a lot of cooler space. The DVC/Deluxe resorts seem to sell it in the gift shops -- most likely because they don't have the space to keep them in the self-service coolers in the QS restaurants. At least this has been my observation. I'm not sure where the Mods have them.

I'll be staying 2 nights at POP next March before a cruise. First ever time at Disney.

At that time my boys will be 7 and 10 and my daughter will be 5.

I want to walk over to the Cars area at AoA. We have a couple of hours available our two evenings/last morning.

What recommendations do you have? Favorite pool? Favorite place to walk around? Anything helps!!

We're doing the parks post cruise from an off site hotel so I can make extra time for the resort during our stay for any great suggestions.

TIA

I'll be staying 2 nights at POP next March before a cruise. First ever time at Disney.

At that time my boys will be 7 and 10 and my daughter will be 5.

I want to walk over to the Cars area at AoA. We have a couple of hours available our two evenings/last morning.

What recommendations do you have? Favorite pool? Favorite place to walk around? Anything helps!!

We're doing the parks post cruise from an off site hotel so I can make extra time for the resort during our stay for any great suggestions.

TIA

The pool at Pop that normally grabs the kids attention is the Hippy Dippy pool which is the closest to the main hall. The others are good too but that one with the spraying fountains and pool activities tends to be the one that the kids gravitate to.

Taking the time to walk over and check out Art of Animation is a great idea! As it's your first visit not sure you're aware that you are only allowed to swim in the pools of the resort you are staying at. Although tempting, swimming in the pools at Art of Animation is not allowed.

We really enjoy the food court at Art of Animation. The food choices are great and there's a lot to be said for real plates and utensils. :) Another option if time permits is to attend a character drawing class in the lobby of AoA. It's open to both children and adults and runs a few times each day.

Hope this helps.

The pool at Pop that normally grabs the kids attention is the Hippy Dippy pool which is the closest to the main hall. The others are good too but that one with the spraying fountains and pool activities tends to be the one that the kids gravitate to.

Taking the time to walk over and check out Art of Animation is a great idea! As it's your first visit not sure you're aware that you are only allowed to swim in the pools of the resort you are staying at. Although tempting, swimming in the pools at Art of Animation is not allowed.

We really enjoy the food court at Art of Animation. The food choices are great and there's a lot to be said for real plates and utensils. :) Another option if time permits is to attend a character drawing class in the lobby of AoA. It's open to both children and adults and runs a few times each day.

Hope this helps.
I second the food options. Even the breakfast options are good there. We ate there the morning we arrived and had a few pasta meals there too. It's sad to say, but I have never walked around AoA except to get to the food court from the bridge.

I second the food options. Even the breakfast options are good there. We ate there the morning we arrived and had a few pasta meals there too. It's sad to say, but I have never walked around AoA except to get to the food court from the bridge.
This was one of the reasons we chose POP in the first place. I have only heard good things about the AOA food court and we have three different meals that will be at the resort.

I was looking through their menu and noticed tie-dye wasn't on there. Judge me if you will, but I chose Pop because of the cheesecake over the other value resorts. I'm sure the vacation will still delight, just sad to see it gone.
I was there last week and it was in the refrigerated/grab and go section. I picked it up 3 different times for my son. It's there!

Here are the cheesecakes from the cooler.

full

$10/night of your stay minus one night.
Hi! Does anyone know if they're still doing this! Checking in later this week-- do you need to stop by the front desk to claim this/set it up or is it automatic? We always just go straight to our room so I'm not sure how the regular check in process works :love: but we never use Mousekeeping anymore anyway so I wouldnt mind getting a little something extra if we can. thanks!

Hi! Does anyone know if they're still doing this! Checking in later this week-- do you need to stop by the front desk to claim this/set it up or is it automatic? We always just go straight to our room so I'm not sure how the regular check in process works :love: but we never use Mousekeeping anymore anyway so I wouldnt mind getting a little something extra if we can. thanks!
You would need to stop by the front desk. I did it and normally we bypass that too, but this make the stop totally worth it. Not to mention we were cheking in at six in the mornig and nobody else was around.

Planning a trip to Pop in March 2018. I don’t need a renovated room but would love a coffee pot. Has anyone requested a coffee pot for older room? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter