Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an FYI......I'm at the Pop Century right now and just purchased a case of 24, 12 oz Dasani water for $6.99. There were no small cases of water in the coolers as I have seen reported. I just asked one of the staff on the floor if they had cases of water available. Just as they did on my August visit, she went into their back room cooler area and brought it out to me. So as of right now, cases of 24 are still available. I'm going to post this on the other Pop site as well.

Added bonus to this story, the cashier didn't know how to key it in so she keyed in a kids meal at $6.29 plus tax. Saved a few cents.

We checked in on Saturday and advise everyone to check that your room has been properly cleaned upon your arrival. We had a disastrous experience--we had no room assignment until 8pm (we arrived at 8am), the room we received was not cleaned at all (dirty sheets piled on the bed, dirty towels, garbage on the floors, dirty toilet seat) and it took them 2 hours to clean it.

When I went down to the front desk after waiting an hour for housekeeping, there were other people complaining about their bathrooms being not thoroughly cleaned and about not having problems with their room fixed after over a day. I didn't feel like any of the people I spoke to our that I heard speaking to others were taking these problems seriously enough. We love Pop (and the refurbished rooms are amazing), but we probably will stay elsewhere next time because this is really not okay.

We checked in on Saturday and advise everyone to check that your room has been properly cleaned upon your arrival. We had a disastrous experience--we had no room assignment until 8pm (we arrived at 8am), the room we received was not cleaned at all (dirty sheets piled on the bed, dirty towels, garbage on the floors, dirty toilet seat) and it took them 2 hours to clean it.

When I went down to the front desk after waiting an hour for housekeeping, there were other people complaining about their bathrooms being not thoroughly cleaned and about not having problems with their room fixed after over a day. I didn't feel like any of the people I spoke to our that I heard speaking to others were taking these problems seriously enough. We love Pop (and the refurbished rooms are amazing), but we probably will stay elsewhere next time because this is really not okay.
Ugh this is upsetting !!

That sounds horrible. That is way too late to have you check in, especially with a room that isn't even clean. I think the program where you can refuse housekeeping is messing things up.

I'm sorry this happened to you, unfortunately when we were there our first day was not the best, nor our second, but our third really got on the right track. When we checked in and this was early sept, there were still maids there way after ten working. I don't know what is going on, but Im sorry this happened. I do know that with the new declining of the room service there has been more than one mix ups.

We will be checking into Pop on Sunday and I'm debating calling to add a room request. We have a preferred room, which we've never booked before. I normally prefer the 70s building to be near transportation but away from the pools. I know part of the 70s are preferred rooms (we were given one once for a 1 night stay) but how bad is the construction in this area now? It sounds like some of the preferred rooms here have been refurbed which would be nice to have. Just not sure if the noise/construction will be bothersome. No little ones young enough for naps, but we will take a break one or two days in the afternoon.

I have a question about opting out of the housekeeping. If you have two rooms booked under one reservation number will you receive the $10 per room?

Just an FYI......I'm at the Pop Century right now and just purchased a case of 24, 12 oz Dasani water for $6.99. There were no small cases of water in the coolers as I have seen reported. I just asked one of the staff on the floor if they had cases of water available. Just as they did on my August visit, she went into their back room cooler area and brought it out to me. So as of right now, cases of 24 are still available. I'm going to post this on the other Pop site as well.

Added bonus to this story, the cashier didn't know how to key it in so she keyed in a kids meal at $6.29 plus tax. Saved a few cents.

Score! Looks like they still have some full cases left from Irma. They brought them in by the truckload. They have decided to go away from the full cases and to the 8-packs. That's why there was no option for it on the register.

Score! Looks like they still have some full cases left from Irma. They brought them in by the truckload. They have decided to go away from the full cases and to the 8-packs. That's why there was no option for it on the register.
I'm not sure it's that at all. They are the same bottles you get with the kids meal so they would always have cases of them. Also when I purchased the case in August it was keyed as miscellaneous, I just think the cashier didn't know how to do this. I had heard the cases of eight were in the coolers but there are only singles. Who knows, maybe the eights were the left overs from Irma. Maybe I'll have to come back in a few months again to check it out. ;)

I have a question about opting out of the housekeeping. If you have two rooms booked under one reservation number will you receive the $10 per room?

Yes! We had two rooms last month and ended up with $100 worth of gift cards for opting out of housekeeping.

That’s awful. This was one of my fears with the opting out of housekeeping. A decline in service. I’ve never before heard of not getting a room till 8:00pm and a dirty one at that.
I hope you email Guest Relations asap about your experience. The higher ups really need to know what’s happening. While you’re still there so they can rectify this for you. Totally unacceptable.

I keep hearing (well, reading) more & more problems with Mousekeeping problems ever since the decline option. Hopefully they get their kinks worked out or just stop it all together.

I think the decline option is because they are seriously short of housekeepers to begin with, and maybe they aren't getting enough people declining to make enough of a difference. I know one night in September, it was about 10pm and I kept hearing the door of the room next to me opening and closing, and opening and closing. Normally I would not confront anyone, but after about 15 minutes of this, I was at least upset enough to get out of bed and look through the door to see what in the world was going on. I was very surprised to see it was a housekeeping cart and the room next door was being serviced. I don't really feel $10 per night is enough of a value for me to skip having the room serviced. If I have to go to the trouble of calling for or fetching towels and putting out trash, I want at least $20 per night :D. But they have to get a handle on this resort wide (I've had similar issues at POFQ recently, and at other resorts in the past year or two) because cleanliness in a timely manner is a real make or break situation in the hotel business.

I do think 8pm is way too late to have to wait for a room. The latest we have ever had to wait for a room was 6pm (several years ago at CR), and they sent us a fruit basket for the inconvenience. I can't imagine they would do anything like that these days. If you have little kids, you may want to have them in bed at 8pm, or at least be doing the go to bed routine with them. I think I would have had to be camped out in the lobby within view of the front desk and giving them the stinkeye once it hit about 6pm. And for the room to be dirty to boot? Unacceptable.

I think the decline option is because they are seriously short of housekeepers to begin with, and maybe they aren't getting enough people declining to make enough of a difference.

I agree. And I also think those refurbished rooms take longer to clean. In the past, a quick vacuum and the floors were done. Now they've got to sweep, mop, get out scuff marks, clean under the bed, clean the shower enclosure, and I bet every bit of dirt shows more in those newer rooms so they really need to take their time. No wonder rooms aren't being cleaned til later or getting missed completely.

I agree. And I also think those refurbished rooms take longer to clean. In the past, a quick vacuum and the floors were done. Now they've got to sweep, mop, get out scuff marks, clean under the bed, clean the shower enclosure, and I bet every bit of dirt shows more in those newer rooms so they really need to take their time. No wonder rooms aren't being cleaned til later or getting missed completely.

I never saw them mop when I was there in September. I was in my room three times when Housekeeping came, and each time they just used a dry Swiffer (not a wet jet or anything with any cleaning fluid). I hope between guests the floors get a wet clean, but I'd have to look at one of the carts to see if they have that capability.

I never saw them mop when I was there in September. I was in my room three times when Housekeeping came, and each time they just used a dry Swiffer (not a wet jet or anything with any cleaning fluid). I hope between guests the floors get a wet clean, but I'd have to look at one of the carts to see if they have that capability.
If that's the case, I wonder if they would damp mop between guests if there was just a one or two night stay. Maybe they just schedule each room for once a week (as an example).

If that's the case, I wonder if they would damp mop between guests if there was just a one or two night stay. Maybe they just schedule each room for once a week (as an example).

Well, to be honest, I don't remember them mopping the bathroom areas in any of the resorts prior to these hard floor renovations. They would spray something on the floor, and take a broom with a rag on the end and kind of wipe it around a little, but never a proper mop job. So they may still do it that way. I keep a room pretty clean (especially if it's a solo trip) so I may not have left much that would have needed a wet clean to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter