Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
not just a POP thing
100% agree. I've learned to always pack my foam earplugs & keep them handy on the nightstand.

All WDW resorts have thin walls.

Usually the big offender is rolling luggage down the hallway at 1am-3am by international guests heading to the Magical Express airline pickup. A few years ago when the values were swapping out the room fridge, I had neighbours in the connecting room running water in their bathtub at all hrs of the night trying to keep their food & drinks cool. Earplugs keep you sane & give you some hope of sleep.

Has anyone had success getting connecting rooms? I know it's considered a request.. With the rates coming out today it's cheaper for us to get two rooms at Pop, than a family suite at AoA. My Mom has never stayed at Pop and I really think she'd enjoy it.

. I’m sorry that’s happened. Disappointing for sure.

I’ve only had 1 bad experience where the connecting room thought 1am was a great time to party. I opened the connecting door, knocked loudly on their side then quickly closed and locked it again.

Possibly not the best choice on my part but I never heard them again! :D
Sounds like something I'd do. I have been known to pound on my bedroom wall, which happens to be my neighbor's dining room on the other side, with my fist over and over again when the jerk roommate decides 3am on a weekday is a great time to party. :D

Has anyone had success getting connecting rooms? I know it's considered a request.. With the rates coming out today it's cheaper for us to get two rooms at Pop, than a family suite at AoA. My Mom has never stayed at Pop and I really think she'd enjoy it.
We have always had success with connecting rooms at Pop. My father-in-law is with us most of the time, so I request it on the phone since he has medical needs. They have always come through so we can be close to Grandpa!! The only time we were not connected was at POFQ for a short trip. He insisted he was fine, so I didn't push it! haha

We have always had success with connecting rooms at Pop. My father-in-law is with us most of the time, so I request it on the phone since he has medical needs. They have always come through so we can be close to Grandpa!! The only time we were not connected was at POFQ for a short trip. He insisted he was fine, so I didn't push it! haha

My Mom is convinced they won't be able to accommodate us, so she wants us to share a room at a mod or deluxe. This trip is already turning out to be stressful!

We have always gotten connecting rooms when we requested them.

We are here now. 3rd floor standard view in the 80’s? building 9. We got a connecting room that we requested and also a bathtub which we didn’t request but we do have a 2 year old on our reservation.

The pools are fine, nothing too exiting when it is hot as a sauna outside. Too hot even for swimming.

We’ve eaten at the food court a couple of times, it’s good enough. Certainly not terrible.

Bus service has been amazing. We’ve never waited more than a few minutes and the only time we couldn’t get on the first bus was when we left HS at closing with the masses. Even then we only waited 15 minutes to get on the 3rd bus.

I love the room, love the furniture and all of the cubbies. The fridge is nice and cold, no problems with milk in there. The shower is amazing (although lacking any water pressure at all).

I will say we are squished, like super tight in this room. We are party of 5 with 13, 10 and 2 year old girls. Don’t try it people. Seriously. Trust me. Your husband/wife will thank you. There just isn’t enough room to function in here.

Also the floors. are. filthy. All the time. When we checked in, after the first accidental Cleaning (we had waived housekeeping but they came anyways), after I wiped them down with a damp towel (that was gross, they really are filthy). They do not ever get clean. Our socks are black on the bottom. They can’t possibly be mopping these floors like ever.

The front desk managers/staff are mostly incredible though. We’ve had a few requests/complaints and they have handled everything perfectly.

We've been successful 3 out of 7 times.

Sounds like something I'd do. I have been known to pound on my bedroom wall, which happens to be my neighbor's dining room on the other side, with my fist over and over again when the jerk roommate decides 3am on a weekday is a great time to party. :D
We had neighbors below us one time in our apartment that would have parties until like 2 or 3 am. We went down one time and knocked and they decided not to answer so we called the cops. Their reply to the cop at their door was to say "well we can hear the neighbor's cats running around upstairs"...yeah because that's the same as blasting music and hearing sounds we DON'T want to hear from upstairs (if you catch my drift) :crazy2:

Anyone have any pictures of a the pool with the fence? We have a preferred pool view room and I'm trying to figure out what room to request. The views on touring plans don't have the fence in them. Does the fence block the pool view on the ground floor?

Anyone have any pictures of a the pool with the fence? We have a preferred pool view room and I'm trying to figure out what room to request. The views on touring plans don't have the fence in them. Does the fence block the pool view on the ground floor?

I do not but am booked in this category in a few weeks. I will grab that shot if no one else has them (I didn’t successfully find any during a Dis search a few weeks ago)

If you google 'pop century pool with fence' you will find many pictures

I have the same doubt. And with the only picture I have found in google I cant figure out the views. Any picture would be appreciated!

I will go through my pictures at home tonight. I took some of the pools with fences in Jan but not from outside a room.

May I ask what specifically you are looking for so that I can try to find ones that are helpful. Between the rooms and the actual pool itself are gardens, tables with chairs and umbrellas, the fence and then deck chairs. If you are hoping to see into the pool itself from the room I don't think this is possible, either before the fences or after.

I will say the fences were very tastefully done and blend in well with the surroundings.

AF73DBD1-03E4-4170-9FD9-7D7A17E1709A.jpeg

This was taken last month. We are inside the fence but at least it gives you an idea from the ground level and not at the gate. Looking across the other side it seems like the fence doesn’t impact the view that much.

Has anyone been successful with a (really) early check in? We are taking the red eye from LAX and will be at Pop by 8a. I will have an early check in as my most important request. We are traveling with our 4 year and 6 mo old, so we definitely want a room as soon as we get there. I am assuming they should have something available right away (might be in the boonies, I know).

Similar to the above poster, this pic was taken from inside the pool area in Jan. Across the pool you can kinda see the fence close to the rooms but they are hard to see as they blend very well.

IMG_0905-1%255B2%255D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter