Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will go through my pictures at home tonight. I took some of the pools with fences in Jan but not from outside a room.

May I ask what specifically you are looking for so that I can try to find ones that are helpful. Between the rooms and the actual pool itself are gardens, tables with chairs and umbrellas, the fence and then deck chairs. If you are hoping to see into the pool itself from the room I don't think this is possible, either before the fences or after.

I will say the fences were very tastefully done and blend in well with the surroundings.

I haven’t been to WDW since fall 2013 so fences weren’t really anywhere yet (except SAB). I am just trying to picture where they even are in relation to the rooms and the pool? How far back? And why aren’t the tables inside the fenced area? Pool preferred isn’t a category I ever would have booked but it was all that was available. It’s just driving me crazy that I just can’t picture where it is on the room side :laughing:

I haven’t been to WDW since fall 2013 so fences weren’t really anywhere yet (except SAB). I am just trying to picture where they even are in relation to the rooms and the pool? How far back? And why aren’t the tables inside the fenced area? Pool preferred isn’t a category I ever would have booked but it was all that was available. It’s just driving me crazy that I just can’t picture where it is on the room side :laughing:
The fences do not include the tables as I believe they wanted these to be accessible to guests even when the pools are closed. We were at Pop in January and sat at the tables before the Hippy Dippy pool opened at 10am. The computer pool didn't open until noon that day so we say people enjoying their breakfast at the tables.

If you can imagine a line behind the loungers it will give you an idea where the fences are. Also, if you go back a couple of page to post #11055 on page 553, you will see a picture taken from an upper floor of the 50's section showing where the fences are around the bowling pin pool. The ones around hippy dippy are similar except the fences are green. You will probably notice the fences are not easy to see and that's because they blend well with their surroundings.

Just booked, coming to Pop again for second visit as part of a split stay. On Disney's website they showed a photo of a room that had carpet. Is that just an old photo they have? I thought I saw photos of refurbished rooms with wood floors. Also, just so I have this right, standard view rooms are available in most of the sections of the resort. Likely more in some sections than others?

Here's the view from touring plans from a ground floor room. I'm just trying to picture what this would look like with the fence. We've stayed at sports before so we've seen the fence, but didn't have a pool view room. I'm just trying to decide if I want to request ground floor or top floor.

Attachments

• 5167_sm.jpg
    5167_sm.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 64
Here's the view from touring plans from a ground floor room. I'm just trying to picture what this would look like with the fence. We've stayed at sports before so we've seen the fence, but didn't have a pool view room. I'm just trying to decide if I want to request ground floor or top floor.

Yeah, you're not really going to see much of the pool from a ground floor room like you used to now that the fence is there. We spend a lot of time sitting at the umbrella tables right outside the fenced in area. I miss the pool view.

That being said I'd still choose a ground floor room for the convienience of walking right out to the pool. :)

Yeah, you're not really going to see much of the pool from a ground floor room like you used to now that the fence is there. We spend a lot of time sitting at the umbrella tables right outside the fenced in area. I miss the pool view.

That being said I'd still choose a ground floor room for the convienience of walking right out to the pool. :)

Are the tables right outside the ground floor rooms? Just trying to picture this.

Has anyone been successful with a (really) early check in? We are taking the red eye from LAX and will be at Pop by 8a. I will have an early check in as my most important request. We are traveling with our 4 year and 6 mo old, so we definitely want a room as soon as we get there. I am assuming they should have something available right away (might be in the boonies, I know).

If you need to guarantee it, I would book the night before. Early check in is always based upon occupancy levels the night before your arrival and 8am is pretty early.

Has anyone been successful with a (really) early check in? We are taking the red eye from LAX and will be at Pop by 8a. I will have an early check in as my most important request. We are traveling with our 4 year and 6 mo old, so we definitely want a room as soon as we get there. I am assuming they should have something available right away (might be in the boonies, I know).
I wouldn't count on something being ready right away. It's very possible that they won't have any ready. We are going in October and arriving at Pop early, but I'm not really counting on a room right when we get there. I put early check in as my only request so hopefully we both get lucky and can get into a room soon after getting to Pop.

Just booked, coming to Pop again for second visit as part of a split stay. On Disney's website they showed a photo of a room that had carpet. Is that just an old photo they have? I thought I saw photos of refurbished rooms with wood floors. Also, just so I have this right, standard view rooms are available in most of the sections of the resort. Likely more in some sections than others?
Yes that’s an old photo. They wait until all refurbishments are complete before changing the pictures. And the carpet is gone and there is a brand new set up to the rooms. Including queen beds now.

Yes and yes (because of rooms such as pool view and preferred.)

I wouldn't count on something being ready right away. It's very possible that they won't have any ready. We are going in October and arriving at Pop early, but I'm not really counting on a room right when we get there. I put early check in as my only request so hopefully we both get lucky and can get into a room soon after getting to Pop.
Thanks for your input. We are going in late August, and Pop still has tons of availability for our check in date so I am not worried that we will have to wait hours for a room if we have to wait. I still need to call to add my baby to the reservation, so I will make sure to note the early check in request (as well as do a TP fax).

One question. Is anyone having problems making room request in the Pop Century by online check in MDE? The options are blank (none are showing). Maybe is because is so far in advance for me? (2019 reservation). Thank you

One question. Is anyone having problems making room request in the Pop Century by online check in MDE? The options are blank (none are showing). Maybe is because is so far in advance for me? (2019 reservation). Thank you

I did my on line check in last week and made my requests. Needed to take a screen shot of the info below it on Friday, so I know it was there. Monday morning it was gone and the pull down options are gone.

It's not you. Hopefully it is a glitch in the system and they will be back.

I did my on line check in last week and made my requests. Needed to take a screen shot of the info below it on Friday, so I know it was there. Monday morning it was gone and the pull down options are gone.

It's not you. Hopefully it is a glitch in the system and they will be back.

Even when the room request section of online check in is "working", which is a rarity the last couple years, the options are pretty useless or don't make sense. It's best to call the Main reservation line and add any room requests to your reservation. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out.

Even when the room request section of online check in is "working", which is a rarity the last couple years, the options are pretty useless or don't make sense. It's best to call the Main reservation line and add any room requests to your reservation. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out.

I'm going to rely on my TP Room Request Fax. It goes to the same people.

Going back to Pop Century and its been a few years. We are booking a standard room. Last time I thought I found a website that showed which rooms are standard. Is there such a thing???

I am looking for the closest standard room to buses and food court. Any suggestions???

I cant wait to see the refurbished rooms!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter