Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to commend your boys.... and say thank you for raising them right!!!!!!!!!!! Too many times on our last few trips I have seen young people or obviously healthy/strong people grab seats and never even attempt to allow an elderly person or small child to take their seat!!! My daughter ALWAYS gives up her seat too! Thank you!!!!!!
For those that have kindly pointed out that you can't always tell from the outside if someone needs a seat..... I get that! I didn't want to start a discussion about it.
I simply wanted to recognize that her sons should be thanked for doing this!!! As I feel many people that do the simple kind things, don't get thanked enough! :flower1:

For those that have kindly pointed out that you can't always tell from the outside if someone needs a seat..... I get that! I didn't want to start a discussion about it.
I simply wanted to recognize that her sons should be thanked for doing this!!! As I feel many people that do the simple kind things, don't get thanked enough! :flower1:
Yes. I believe it was your line, 'Too many times on our last few trips I have seen young people or obviously healthy/strong people grab seats and never even attempt to allow an elderly person or small child to take their seat!!!' that people felt they wanted to comment on.

Sorry I know this has been asked a million times but I’m not sure what to put in the search to make it come up. I am about to do my room request fax and wondering if I just want to be close to transportation can I just put that or do I need to request a specific building? If I need a specific building what is the best one to request if I have a standard view booked? Thanks for your help.

Sorry I know this has been asked a million times but I’m not sure what to put in the search to make it come up. I am about to do my room request fax and wondering if I just want to be close to transportation can I just put that or do I need to request a specific building? If I need a specific building what is the best one to request if I have a standard view booked? Thanks for your help.
You can just put close to transportation. We stayed in Building 10 and thought it was super close to the buses.

"Close to Transportation" will work.:)

Okay world's weirdest question. But it is a deal-breaker for my four-year-old. On another website they show updated menus for September 2018 for everything pop. French fries are not an option for a side. This really has to be an oversight right? My four-year-old daughter said Mommy I don't want mashed potatoes with chicken nuggets I want french fries with chicken nuggets.

Has anyone gone this month and can confirm that they still do have french fries there?
Thanks

Okay world's weirdest question. But it is a deal-breaker for my four-year-old. On another website they show updated menus for September 2018 for everything pop. French fries are not an option for a side. This really has to be an oversight right? My four-year-old daughter said Mommy I don't want mashed potatoes with chicken nuggets I want french fries with chicken nuggets.

Has anyone gone this month and can confirm that they still do have french fries there?
Thanks

We were at POP from 9/2-9/18 and my daughter had fries with her chicken nuggets one night.

I’ve heard reports of POP being jam packed the last few weeks. Does anyone think this could be related to free dining? We arrive 9/29, the same day free dining ends. Hoping for a mass exitous!

I’ve heard reports of POP being jam packed the last few weeks. Does anyone think this could be related to free dining? We arrive 9/29, the same day free dining ends. Hoping for a mass exitous!
I have friends at Pop right now and they say it's not too busy at all.

Normal busy times are food court at certain hours and buses to/from parks at opening and closing but that's normal.

They spent the day at the resort yesterday and said they had a great day! Not too busy at all.

I will say I've stayed at Pop more than 25 times and except for the times mentioned above I've never found the resort to feel busy. Especially not 'jammed packed' and I've stayed when it's at capacity many times. I guess it's all in people's perceptions.

Tomorrow we arrive at Pop for our first EVER WDW resort stay (we've rented a condo the two other visits) and after reading this board for weeks (or has it been months?) we're very excited. We've been staying at Universal at the Hard Rock Hotel since Sunday for my DH's work conference. Tomorrow will start our first WDW vacation without the kids. :yay::yay: We are planning on checking out here by 6:30ish and heading to POP. We had requested a early check-in but doubt we'll get one that early. Thinking we'll just leave our stuff in the car and hop on the bus for the early Magic hours. Any tips/suggestions for us??

When I checked in on 9/14 they told us they were at 100% capacity. I think it’s been very busy and crowded here. We were talking to a manager in passing yesterday and he said that pop is always the busiest resort and they were very full. Bus lines are long first thing in the morning, but manageable. I haven’t had problems finding tables in the food court. Nothing crazy.

Thanks

They have waffle fries, my niece has gotten them several times with her nuggets. That is the only kind of fry they have.

I read that, so our expectations for checking in early aren't high. We'll just plan to leave everything in the car and park and then head over to the bus. I expect that'll be long too since everyone will be heading for the early hours.

I read that, so our expectations for checking in early aren't high. We'll just plan to leave everything in the car and park and then head over to the bus. I expect that'll be long too since everyone will be heading for the early hours.
I've always found that Pop buses are pretty quick, particularly in the morning when everyone's trying to get out the door at the same time. The fact that they have a proper queue helps a lot with keeping things organized. Obviously, your mileage may vary - but I wouldn't expect it to take too terribly long to get on a bus at that time of day.

I've always found that Pop buses are pretty quick, particularly in the morning when everyone's trying to get out the door at the same time. The fact that they have a proper queue helps a lot with keeping things organized. Obviously, your mileage may vary - but I wouldn't expect it to take too terribly long to get on a bus at that time of day.

I also read on here that it might be quicker to drive to the parks except for MK. Anyone have an opinion on that?

I also read on here that it might be quicker to drive to the parks except for MK. Anyone have an opinion on that?
We never drive. I like to take advantage of the free transportation. We never had issues with pop buses getting to the parks but we would leave an hour or more before the park opened so there weren’t very many people in line. We only waited one time for a bus and it was coming back from ak. We waited 20-30 minutes.

Thanks

I went 9/8-9/15, and they definitely have fries.

I have definitely chimed in on driving to the other parks except MK. I have always been a fan of the bus!! However, DD did the college program in the spring and got very used to driving everywhere. So, fast forward to July - - - We stayed at Pop and drove to HS, AK, and EP. I loved it! Never thought I would say that!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter