Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait to see the refurbished rooms. I requested a 4th floor, lake view.
I was thinking to do the same, hoping for 60's for easy access to AoA too (for food court etc.). Did you call in your request? I know the website doesn't work anymore for room requests...

Not sure if it makes a difference or matters...but if you book through a TA, should you make room requests through them or fax it yourself, etc? Or do a combo?

We are geeting close and want to make our requests. Any cons to requesting a 1st floor room?
Here's a con...
We were staying in a first floor room on the back side of building 8 last September during Hurricane Irma. The water made it the door threshold; but fortunately, not further. All during that time we were wishing that we had requested a room on a higher floor.

I think around 7-8 minutes. We'll regularly take the Pop bus when we're staying at AoA if it comes first at the parks. It's 5 minutes to get from Pop lobby to the other side of the bridge, so add a few more to get to AoA lobby.
Wow ok nice!

Great news!!! Disney is enhancing wifi at their resort hotels and they started with Pop first!!

If you're there now or when you go, be sure to select the new option of, 'WDW Resorts Guest'.

If you're at Pop this week, have you noticed this new option and how was your wifi experience?
We were at POP this year during the change over. I thought the new WIFI was a big improvement. Before the change over, I couldn't get a signal at the bowling pin pool. But after the change over I had a very strong signal. The signal was stronger in our room also.

During my stays, I have always been on the lookout for the wireless access points - be it in the resorts or parks. But, to no avail. Disney does a really good job of hiding these. This year I spotted one in the bowling pin laundry. It was mounted on the wall above the dryers. It was made by Aruba Networks.

Here's a con...
We were staying in a first floor room on the back side of building 8 last September during Hurricane Irma. The water made it the door threshold; but fortunately, not further. All during that time we were wishing that we had requested a room on a higher floor.
Yikes! I would consider that a con for sure.

We are geeting close and want to make our requests. Any cons to requesting a 1st floor room?

We do love the first floor rooms, but we don't mind the potential for critters.

Last trip, there was a snake outside our room right by the grass, two nights in a row and one morning there was an onslaught of angry ducks quacking by our door and pooing on the walkways. Each night (in August anyways) there are teeny tiny frogs? or toads? that hop about the walkways right by the doors. Sometimes we have to shoo them away before we open the door. We only notice them by the rooms facing the lake.

We do love the first floor rooms, but we don't mind the potential for critters.

Last trip, there was a snake outside our room right by the grass, two nights in a row and one morning there was an onslaught of angry ducks quacking by our door and pooing on the walkways. Each night (in August anyways) there are teeny tiny frogs? or toads? that hop about the walkways right by the doors. Sometimes we have to shoo them away before we open the door. We only notice them by the rooms facing the lake.

Snakes can climb. But I wonder about the large spaces at the bottom of the doors

What coffee, tea, cream, and sugar options are provided in the room?
Can you see or hear any construction from your lake view room?

So excited for you! We'll be there for our first time in 6 weeks.

We ended up with a first floor sort of lake view room. When we get back home I’ll provide room number and details. There is construction with the gondola system, but it isn’t disruptive. There is Joffrey’s coffee and decaf coffee. Plain coffee-mate creamer. Sugar packets and pink fake sugar packets. Also Twining earl grey tea and green tea. We were warned about the Joffrey’s so brought good coffee pods for DD. Someone on this thread recommended the coffee and I ordered from amazon.

We are having a great time and I LOVE the refurbished rooms. They did an excellent job.

Question about new room makeover...Do the rooms feel cold or sterile??
We feel they do-hence our new name for POP----PCMC---- short for Pop Century Medical Center!lol:)

But,other than the "sterile feel" the new rooms are AMAZING-so many improvements it is hard to list them all!:)

(We did find it strange each day when Housekeeping would come in and take our Temp,Pulse and BP!lol:))

We feel like the theming in the room is nice. The color scheme is pleasing and there is enough Mickey. I sure wouldn’t trade the vast improvements for a “decades” themed bedspread!

I’m at the food court now. Waiting for DD to awaken. I already walked around hourglass lake. Hard to see much out there in the dark. Michael Jackson’s Thriller started up at 6:44 am. Not sure if it’s special for the Halloween season or what! I’m smiling though. At the deluxe hotels I can always find a quiet nook in the morning; not so much here. . Off to DHS and AK today before dinner at Kona.

One important thing I learned: if you want a bottle of soda, it is $4.19 in the food court and $3.50 in the machine in the laundry. Guess where I’m getting it next.

Have a great day!

I was thinking to do the same, hoping for 60's for easy access to AoA too (for food court etc.). Did you call in your request? I know the website doesn't work anymore for room requests...

I did my request by Touring Plans. My DD wasn’t aware of that though and she got there first and asked for 50’s first floor and that’s what we got. It’s nice and is a very quiet room. That’s my goal with asking for 4th floor. I also requested a fan and that made it super quiet.

We feel like the theming in the room is nice. The color scheme is pleasing and there is enough Mickey. I sure wouldn’t trade the vast improvements for a “decades” themed bedspread!

I’m at the food court now. Waiting for DD to awaken. I already walked around hourglass lake. Hard to see much out there in the dark. Michael Jackson’s Thriller started up at 6:44 am. Not sure if it’s special for the Halloween season or what! I’m smiling though. At the deluxe hotels I can always find a quiet nook in the morning; not so much here. . Off to DHS and AK today before dinner at Kona.

One important thing I learned: if you want a bottle of soda, it is $4.19 in the food court and $3.50 in the machine in the laundry. Guess where I’m getting it next.

Have a great day!
Thanks for the heads up about the soda. Does the machine take card and cash? My DH is a doet coke junkie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter