Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually no. I find it kind of weird that the whole pizza is on there but the slices aren’t an option. They have the meatballs and pasta dish on there, but no individual pizza slices.

That's disappointing. Unless I get breakfast in the morning the only other thing I get is the pizza. I like the pizza, I think aside from Via Napoli, it's much better than what's in the park. I do wish they had the meatball sub like at AoA but I can always walk over there to get it.

I had a quick peek this morning at the breakfast options (from memory so may be slightly wrong) they had the pancakes or waffle breakfast bounty platter, a scrambled eggs/american breakfast, waffle breakfast and a couple kids options, as well as a few snacks/add ons (like extra bacon, or a cinnamon bun). There was a note that it was a limited selection and the full menu would be available in person.

I wish they had more options but do like that have some on there any way! I'm hoping they add a few options later on, and look forward to using it in August on my trip.

I've called and asked (knowing possibility of incorrect information). Buses will continue to run. I'm hoping this is accurate. I'm definitely afraid of heights and being handicap expressed my concern about it malfunctioning and getting stuck, also the heat with no air!

I've called and asked (knowing possibility of incorrect information). Buses will continue to run. I'm hoping this is accurate. I'm definitely afraid of heights and being handicap expressed my concern about it malfunctioning and getting stuck, also the heat with no air!
That is the same response we received from talking with MULTIPLE management CMs at each of the Skyliner Resorts.

However,some believe the CMS have been told to say this and,as time goes on,the buses will indeed be eliminated or GREATLY reduced.

Only time will tell at this point.

That is the same response we received from talking with MULTIPLE management CMs at each of the Skyliner Resorts.

However,some believe the CMS have been told to say this and,as time goes on,the buses will indeed be eliminated or GREATLY reduced.

Only time will tell at this point.

I have had this feeling since they started talking about the Skyliners. I really hope my gut feeling about bus reductions is wrong, but like you said time will tell

I was pretty impressed with the breakfast options this morning when peeking on my phone to see what the mobile order was going to offer at Pop. I was happy to see the mickey waffle bounty platter, as that's our favorite. It had the option to pick your side, as we like just bacon without the sausage. They also had the 3 waffles, strawberry, and side meal option on there too. Plus others. The beverage options were pretty good, I told my husband they had beer haha!! He laughed.

I truly believe that they will not eliminate or even drastically reduce the buses. I really think that they know that the value resorts are very popular and that the buses aren't cutting it, especially in busy times (Which is almost always, these days!) I truly believe they want these resorts to boast 2 transportation methods as a draw. (I think it will be part of what allows them to keep charging more for AoA and POP now that all of the All-Stars are being refurbed, too.) So maybe there will be some reduction in buses, but I really don't think people concerned about the Skyliner will be forced to pay for a ride from a value resort due to a lack of buses.

(I know some people will point out that other resorts have just one transportation method to some parks, but in many of these cases walking is an option, and you can't really walk to EPCOT or DHS from POP. :) )

So I'm going to stick with my Pollyanna views of the Skyliner and bus situation for now. :flower:;) ::yes::

I truly believe that they will not eliminate or even drastically reduce the buses. I really think that they know that the value resorts are very popular and that the buses aren't cutting it, especially in busy times (Which is almost always, these days!) I truly believe they want these resorts to boast 2 transportation methods as a draw. (I think it will be part of what allows them to keep charging more for AoA and POP now that all of the All-Stars are being refurbed, too.) So maybe there will be some reduction in buses, but I really don't think people concerned about the Skyliner will be forced to pay for a ride from a value resort due to a lack of buses.

(I know some people will point out that other resorts have just one transportation method to some parks, but in many of these cases walking is an option, and you can't really walk to EPCOT or DHS from POP. :) )

So I'm going to stick with my Pollyanna views of the Skyliner and bus situation for now. :flower:;) ::yes::
And that does line up with what all the Skyliner Resort Managers are saying.:)

I think they may realize there is a big difference in "hanging from a cable" and riding the Monorail.:)

We should know soon!

Aren't there more people staying at Pop than Boardwalk etc too?

We just got back from WDW yesterday. I can confirm that WiFi is working on buses!
I just got back the 25th and I didn’t have WiFi on my buses to/from Pop. There were a couple times I headed back to Pop and needed to cancel a FP, but I couldn’t connect to WiFi on the bus and one of those days was the 24th. I was hoping it would be active, but maybe it hasn’t made it to all the buses yet.

I just got back the 25th and I didn’t have WiFi on my buses to/from Pop. There were a couple times I headed back to Pop and needed to cancel a FP, but I couldn’t connect to WiFi on the bus and one of those days was the 24th. I was hoping it would be active, but maybe it hasn’t made it to all the buses yet.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Hopefully more people will have an opportunity to try and connect and we’ll see if adding wifi is a work in progress. Hopefully that’s the case.

I'm sorry if this have been asked before but I've looked all over and I haven't found anything.

I'm trying to make a reservation for January 2020 on disneyworld.disney.go.com but all January month is grayed out.
What does this mean?

I'm sorry if this have been asked before but I've looked all over and I haven't found anything.

I'm trying to make a reservation for January 2020 on disneyworld.disney.go.com but all January month is grayed out.
What does this mean?
They have not released the 2020 pricing yet. If you call Disney, you will be able to "reserve" a room and they'll quote you rack rates but that could change after 2020 pricing is released. They usually release the next year's pricing in June/ July....so....soon?

I am curious for anyone that has used the online ordering, how does the "pick up" of the food work? We use online ordering in the parks all the time. Is there one specific spot to pick up the food? I think online ordering will come in handy when people in your party want different items from different stations. Sometimes the wait going from one to the other station can be lengthy. We will be there the end of August once again and cannot wait to use the online ordering feature.

Could anyone share the June recreation guide? All of my usual sources are still showing the May schedule. TIA!

I sure hope they don't limit the bus routes. One of the members in my party has a fear of heights and I doubt she'll get on it.

Last edited:
I sure hope they don't limit the bus routes. One of the members in my party has a fear of heights and I doubt she'll get on it.
And she is not alone... I hope Disney did the same Google as I just did:
« Fear of heights is one of the most common phobias with an estimated 3 percent to 5 percent of the population suffering so-called acrophobia. »

Could anyone share the June recreation guide? All of my usual sources are still showing the May schedule. TIA!

I will try to remember to get it tomorrow morning when we go back out. Tucked in the room for tonight after a long travel day and day in the parks

Reactions: CJK
Checked in to Pop today and everyone has been so nice. Stopped at front desk after ME delivered us there and got the no housekeeping gift card and removed my credit card so I won’t have to deal with the holds for room charges (there was already a $100 hold but also they placed a $100 credit at that time). We went to Epcot and a bus immediately showed up. Pleasant day at Epcot until mid afternoon when we returned to Pop. An Epcot bus was waiting for us at the bus stop at Epcot. Then I bought a case of water and some milk and a refillable mug for my daughter. The cashier gave us the mug free for my birthday! Then after unpacking went to DS and a bus came within 5 minutes. After a couple hours at DS the Pop line was ridiculous and AoA bus just left. We got in Pop line and another AoA bus showed up so we went over there and joined the 5 people waiting and had a total of 7 on that bus! We got all of our room request via touring plans met. 60’s lakeview first floor with a tub. Bldg 4. Just a few rooms away from where we were last year. Oh and our flight on southwest was sold out and my daughter and I chose aisle seats across from each other and no one sat in the middle seats beside either one of us! Probably the only 2 empty seats on the plane (I’m not going to ask what is wrong with us that no one sat beside us). Great luck today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter