• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there 1 pickup window for everything you ordered? Is it inside with all the food stations or outside the cash registers? Just wonder how it works so they know you've already paid?
When I used online ordering there was a specific pickup spot at the same counter you would pickup regular orders. At Pop I believe there is one spot for all. You get a confirmation on your phone when your order to show. I know that’s vague but it was so seamless that I can’t remember specifically what it said on my phone. If we don’t get posts of some pictures/screen shots I will be back at Pop in October, I will post some.

I'm sorry if this have been asked before but I've looked all over and I haven't found anything.

I'm trying to make a reservation for January 2020 on disneyworld.disney.go.com but all January month is grayed out.
What does this mean?

Looks like packages for 2020 (at least first half of the year) will be made available on June 18th! Sorry I made a typo the first time.

Does anyone have a printable photo of June's recreation calendar?
Thanks for the pics of the calendar, MinnieMSue
My daughter is heading down for her graduation trip next week, looking to print one for her planning journal.

Has anyone ever done the tie dye? Do you have to have your own shirts or do they have them there to buy? How much does it cost? If they have shirts to buy, do they have adult sizes? Is it a children’s only project or are adults allowed? Even if they have shirts, do they allow you to bring your own?

Has anyone ever done the tie dye? Do you have to have your own shirts or do they have them there to buy? How much does it cost? If they have shirts to buy, do they have adult sizes? Is it a children’s only project or are adults allowed? Even if they have shirts, do they allow you to bring your own?
We did it last summer and my daughter had a blast!!! She enjoyed it so much that she made a second one for her Papa a different day.

I believe the cost was between $15 and $20 and included the t-shirt. I don't believe you can bring your own shirts as they need to be tied in a specific manner to get the Mickey to appear but I'll be honest and say I didn't ask either. They have an abundance of shirts in various children and adult sizes already tied up and ready to go. I felt the price was reasonable for the shirt, dye, teaching, etc.

Both children and adults can participate.

Just a heads up that once the shirt is finished they will wrap it very tightly in plastic wrap and put it in a plastic bag. It is recommended that you leave it this way for 3-5 days I believe. They will also give you washing instructions.

This is a great Pop activity and one I highly recommend to others!

We did it last summer and my daughter had a blast!!! She enjoyed it so much that she made a second one for her Papa a different day.

I believe the cost was between $15 and $20 and included the t-shirt. I don't believe you can bring your own shirts as they need to be tied in a specific manner to get the Mickey to appear but I'll be honest and say I didn't ask either. They have an abundance of shirts in various children and adult sizes already tied up and ready to go. I felt the price was reasonable for the shirt, dye, teaching, etc.

Both children and adults can participate.

Just a heads up that once the shirt is finished they will wrap it very tightly in plastic wrap and put it in a plastic bag. It is recommended that you leave it this way for 3-5 days I believe. They will also give you washing instructions.

This is a great Pop activity and one I highly recommend to others!

Thanks so much! Answered all my many questions. Looks like fun. We have done it at home before but swore we would never do it again because it is so much trouble to put the rubber bands on, mix all the dyes, and then the clean up. Looks like that would take all the hard part out and just leaves the fun part. Maybe we will give it a try.
Love the picture of your daughter and Papa. So sweet! :love:

Thanks so much! Answered all my many questions. Looks like fun. We have done it at home before but swore we would never do it again because it is so much trouble to put the rubber bands on, mix all the dyes, and then the clean up. Looks like that would take all the hard part out and just leaves the fun part. Maybe we will give it a try.
Love the picture of your daughter and Papa. So sweet! :love:
I'm so glad you asked this question! I think dh and I will both do this during our planned SWGE trip. I have a lot of resort time built into our itinerary. Does anyone know what times they offer this activity? It will work out perfectly since we have 5 nights at POP then 2 stays of 2 nights a piece at Poly Villa and CCV. We could probably get a load in to wash them at the villas. I have made my own at home but they just never turn out the way I envision them, lol!

Not sure if it's the same at Pop, but when we stayed at CBR last September they had the tie dye activity as well. In addition to the t-shirts you could purchase a white pillow case to tie dye. I think they were $10. We chose this option because you can't outgrow a pillowcase. 😊 I would suggest grabbing an extra pair of gloves from the activity if you have to rinse the shirt/case out while at the resort. I hadn't thought of that and had pink hands for a couple days. 😉[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
I'm so glad you asked this question! I think dh and I will both do this during our planned SWGE trip. I have a lot of resort time built into our itinerary. Does anyone know what times they offer this activity? It will work out perfectly since we have 5 nights at POP then 2 stays of 2 nights a piece at Poly Villa and CCV. We could probably get a load in to wash them at the villas. I have made my own at home but they just never turn out the way I envision them, lol!
Here is May activity schedule Assume days and items willbe the same each month https://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/resorts/wdw/pdf/PopCalendar.pdf

I drink decaf green tea with Stevia and was wondering if there is a hot water dispenser in the food court. If so, where will I find it?

The one thing I remember was that we definitely had to wash the shirts on their own as a lot of dye came out of them. I was also told to run another full empty cycle (wash with soap and rinse) with nothing in the machine to ensure all the dye was out of the machine as it can stain the next load of laundry that is put in the machine.
I drink decaf green tea with Stevia and was wondering if there is a hot water dispenser in the food court. If so, where will I find it?
They are located on the machines near the coffee.

Last edited:

From the June schedule that MinnieMSue posted, it looks like they offer it on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Lots of days to choose from, :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter