• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another question: Do they give you lotion in the room? We have stayed at POP every year for the past 4 or 5 years but for the life of me I can’t remember.

Another question: Do they give you lotion in the room? We have stayed at POP every year for the past 4 or 5 years but for the life of me I can’t remember.

There is no lotion in the rooms. I can't recall now if there used to be, but I know for sure there wasn't when we were there 3 weeks ago.

Lotion is usually provided as a courtesy for the moderate/deluxe resorts. We were at Caribbean Beach Resort in May and I just looked at one of my pictures.....we definitely had a 3oz-ish size tube of H2O lotion in our bathroom.

We are at POP right now and love it! Buses have been great. The renovated rooms are really nice. My boys are obsessed with the “transformer” (murphy) bed. Having the USB outlets is very nice. The beds are super comfy. Even my picky DH says so, lol. It feels very roomy, especially if the bed is up.

Our only issue has been Mousekeeping. We actually haven’t had it. We’ve been here since Wednesday! They’ve been doing the room checks and waking up my napping DS5. They asked what time to come and we said 10am...and got back today at 2:30 to nothing. Knock on the door at 4:35 for a room inspection since they hadn’t cleaned. Ds5 and I were asleep (woke us up, but he went back to sleep today) and I don’t even think they come in the room? I think she just looked from the doorway. At this point we should have taken the gift card. That’s been the only bummer. We really need our trash emptied and new towels lol. I guess I will take our trash somewhere tonight.

We are at POP right now and love it! Buses have been great. The renovated rooms are really nice. My boys are obsessed with the “transformer” (murphy) bed. Having the USB outlets is very nice. The beds are super comfy. Even my picky DH says so, lol. It feels very roomy, especially if the bed is up.

Our only issue has been Mousekeeping. We actually haven’t had it. We’ve been here since Wednesday! They’ve been doing the room checks and waking up my napping DS5. They asked what time to come and we said 10am...and got back today at 2:30 to nothing. Knock on the door at 4:35 for a room inspection since they hadn’t cleaned. Ds5 and I were asleep (woke us up, but he went back to sleep today) and I don’t even think they come in the room? I think she just looked from the doorway. At this point we should have taken the gift card. That’s been the only bummer. We really need our trash emptied and new towels lol. I guess I will take our trash somewhere tonight.
Have you gone to Guest Services to tell them about the lack of mousekeeping? I would also see if they would offer you a gift card since your room has not been cleaned. Can’t hurt to ask. In a case like this I would try to approach them in person rather than calling as the number you call goes offsite. Hope you can find a resolution. Also, if they start cleaning your room it might stop the afternoon security checks but I’m not sure.

I guess I will take our trash somewhere tonight.
Call the front Desk and ask for Housekeeping-they will come get it!(I think the new phones at POP don't have a dedicated "Housekeeping Button").

Or better yet GO to the Front Desk and ask for a manager.

It sounds to me like they have confused your room with a room that has actually DECLINED Housekeeping.

They would NOT be doing Security Checks unless they thought your room had declined Housekeeping.

On the room check subject - we declined Housekeeping and someone came once for a room check while we were in it. I let her in and she casually looked around and into the sink area then left. Someone knocked soon after the room check. My daughter said it was someone in a white shirt who said he was working on WiFi but said he would come back. She kept the latch on and opened the door a crack. Oddly this is the only time we put room occupied sign out and had 2 people show up. Weird. One day I know they came because my curtain was open. Another day they took used towels and the trash. I was surprised by this. I usually took my own trash out and gave them used towels when they had the housekeeping cart in a nearby hall. Most days I had no idea if they came or not. Still have a week here so I will post if I see anything different.
As for busses - we have mostly been very very lucky. A few times we just missed the pop bus and took the AoA one instead. Staying 60’s lakeview is handy for that. We are very lucky to have that option. We almost always have had a seat too. One time I was feeling pretty good so I gave my seat to a grandma and her preschool aged grandchild. I think I only stood one other time all trip so far. Many busses only had 1-2 people standing at most.

That actually happened to us last year during our stay at ASMusic. Initially we didn't decline, but our room wasn't cleaned at least the first full maybe second day. So I called down to guest services and they let me switch over to the gift card. At that point, they only replaced towels and took the trash as needed.

We'll be arriving in the morning next week. I already did online check-in and noted our arrival time as 10 am. Would it be smart to also call and/or fax an early check-in request to Pop? Or is putting down your early arrival time on the online check-in enough to serve as an early check-in request? Thanks!

It is all you need to do to check-in but there is no guarantee your room will be ready. If you want to request early check-in (they will accommodate you as they can) you can call and request that but it will override any other requests you may have re: location, floor, etc.

As always, early check-in is a request and not a guarantee. Hopefully they can get you in early! It really will depend on how many rooms are turning over that day.

It is all you need to do to check-in but there is no guarantee your room will be ready. If you want to request early check-in (they will accommodate you as they can) you can call and request that but it will override any other requests you may have re: location, floor, etc.

As always, early check-in is a request and not a guarantee. Hopefully they can get you in early! It really will depend on how many rooms are turning over that day.

Thanks! Early check-in is my only request. I'll give them a call! Fingers crossed...

I did online check in but went to the desk anyway. Good thing, because my online check in didn’t go through.

It was 8:30am and they were able to get us a room right then. We were not picky about location at all...just please get these kids that have been up since 3am a room so we can rest, lol. As it turns out, I love our location!

I did online check in but went to the desk anyway. Good thing, because my online check in didn’t go through.

It was 8:30am and they were able to get us a room right then. We were not picky about location at all...just please get these kids that have been up since 3am a room so we can rest, lol. As it turns out, I love our location!

That's great! (That they got you a room right away, not that your online check-in didn't work!) We're doing an overnight drive. We're prepared to nap by the pool if we need to, but a bed in the AC would be nice. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter