• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might help...
View attachment 409939

Personally, we always choose closer to Classic Hall and the buses as that is the walk we make most often on our trip. On a 7 night trip we will walk to or from buses/Classic Hall approx 20 times a trip. We will only walk to a pool a couple of times.

Please note this map is the CURRENT room categories. I will be VERY surprised if Pop's categories don't change once the Skyliner opens so I can see some of the Standard Rooms changing to Preferred Rooms soon. But, that is just my opinion.

We used this map and the satellite view on google maps and just decided to stick with the preferred pool view. It's what we're used to, so we'll just pay the price for familiarity lol

Thanks!

2020 package prices were released today so you should be able to see those prices. Could be some problems with the system since so many are booking or checking prices today.

Edited: I know I was able to see December prices earlier today but just checked again and rooms show unavailable. Is it correct that all of 2020 is bookable as of today?
Packages can be booked a maximum of 499 days in advance.

(Oh, and apparently the parking is going up $2.00 per night at the resort as well, so that's another $12.00 increase, LOL. )
Ah, is it now $15 per night? When we stayed in May the terms and conditions stated that it was $15/night. I called and asked and they said it was only $13 (and that’s what we paid). I wonder if that’s because they were changing it and updated too soon...

We were in 9127...location was great! Just a few steps to the Computer Pool and a short walk to the buses/Classic Hall. It was a Standard room.

Ah, is it now $15 per night? When we stayed in May the terms and conditions stated that it was $15/night. I called and asked and they said it was only $13 (and that’s what we paid). I wonder if that’s because they were changing it and updated too soon...

I don't know if it was the news thread or one of the AP price increase threads, but it was here at the Dis boards today that I read about the resort parking fee increases.

Are the murphy beds comfortable??

Both the platform bed and the murphy bed have the exact same mattress so the comfort level is the same on either one....either you like it or you don't. :D I haven't stayed at Pop since the refurbishment but I've read many reviews and the majority of people who have talked about the beds at Pop seem to find the new beds very comfortable.

Yes, the Values are now $15/night; Mods are $20; and Deluxe are $25

Both the platform bed and the murphy bed have the exact same mattress so the comfort level is the same on either one....either you like it or you don't. :D I haven't stayed at Pop since the refurbishment but I've read many reviews and the majority of people who have talked about the beds at Pop seem to find the new beds very comfortable.

Yes, the Values are now $15/night; Mods are $20; and Deluxe are $25
For reservations booked today or later. Those booked by Jun 17, 2019 will 'only' pay $13.00

Disney sure is banking on the Skyliner being a hit. If early reports come back that it's hot, slow, stops too often, unreliable, etc., I wonder if they'll rethink the pricing? Pop is just about a Moderate now. The All Stars are the only true value hotels left.

I mean, you're paying for the Skyliner but it'll be grounded every time there's a thunderstorm. What's going to happen next summer when it isn't even running half the time? I can see a little bump in price, but not the kind of gouge we're seeing. Yikes.

I’m slightly confused, in the U.K. we have been able to book 2020 for months and months. They only just opened US booking? I noticed the increase in pops price when I booked a while back.

I was checking next year's prices against this year's as well.

We're booking a 6 night stay for 2 adults and 2 kids, with 6 days of park hopper plus and memory maker. For 2019 (Late Aug. into Sept., checking out on the Sat. before Labor Day) our total would be $3191.74. For the same week in 2020 it's $3398.54. I was actually relieved that the increase wasn't any more! You never know, and with both SWGE & the Skyliner, I was nervous!

(Oh, and apparently the parking is going up $2.00 per night at the resort as well, so that's another $12.00 increase, LOL. )
I looked up the same thing and found that our increase would be 8.7%, very similar you what you found.

I was checking next year's prices against this year's as well.

We're booking a 6 night stay for 2 adults and 2 kids, with 6 days of park hopper plus and memory maker. For 2019 (Late Aug. into Sept., checking out on the Sat. before Labor Day) our total would be $3191.74. For the same week in 2020 it's $3398.54. I was actually relieved that the increase wasn't any more! You never know, and with both SWGE & the Skyliner, I was nervous!

I looked up the same thing and found that our increase would be 8.7%, very similar you what you found.

It could be different too depending on when we booked. I booked my FD BB back in August of 2018 so the price differences for me include all changes to room prices, ticket prices and dining plans since August of 2018.

If I were to purchase the same package today for this September's trip it would be based on current pricing so higher than what I am paying. Unfortunately I cannot re-price my 2019 trip because Pop is at capacity when I am there in September so the numbers are not available. I also booked prior to the date based tickets coming out so I'm guessing that's making a difference too.

Just curious @DisLiss and @tguz, when did you book your 2019 trips and do either of them include dining?

I guess we're seeing it really is difficult to compare as there are so many moving parts.

I’m slightly confused, in the U.K. we have been able to book 2020 for months and months. They only just opened US booking? I noticed the increase in pops price when I booked a while back.
2020 Disney Packages for the US and Canada (and possibly some other places) only became available today, Jun 18, 2019. Disney often releases their UK packages before they release their North American packages

Aw ok in future I will keep
The thread updated if I see massive price jumps. I did mention it in the rumours topic about them classing pop as a moderate. Seems they are going for a value plus pricing plan.

Question on resort reservations. IF I can get into our resort for two nights prior to our already reserved stay, can I cancel without penalty if it doesn't end up working out? I mean I know I can but would we be better off making a separate 2 night room only reservation rather than just extending our current one? I think the discount we originally booked with is no longer offered and it was a little better than the Summer Fun discount that is being offered currently. If I make a 2 night room only reservation can i somehow link it to our current 5 night reservation? It would be helpful when booking FPs to be able to get them all booked with that first hotel stay.

Jumping back on the Pop Century train. Tentatively planning a June 2020 trip! I am not paying rack rates, though so I am not going to book until next year. It is really hard to stomach $200+ a night for Pop Century. Might need to do a split stay at POR since the prices are pretty comparable now.

Question on resort reservations. IF I can get into our resort for two nights prior to our already reserved stay, can I cancel without penalty if it doesn't end up working out? I mean I know I can but would we be better off making a separate 2 night room only reservation rather than just extending our current one? I think the discount we originally booked with is no longer offered and it was a little better than the Summer Fun discount that is being offered currently. If I make a 2 night room only reservation can i somehow link it to our current 5 night reservation? It would be helpful when booking FPs to be able to get them all booked with that first hotel stay.
we have a free dining bounceback starting aug 2.. 2 rooms with our son, DIL 4 grandkids. hubby and I booked a 2 night stay before with a sep. reservation checking in july 31. we were able to link it on the MDE account.. and able to make fast passes for the entire stay at 60 days prior to July 31. hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter