• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be different too depending on when we booked. I booked my FD BB back in August of 2018 so the price differences for me include all changes to room prices, ticket prices and dining plans since August of 2018.

If I were to purchase the same package today for this September's trip it would be based on current pricing so higher than what I am paying. Unfortunately I cannot re-price my 2019 trip because Pop is at capacity when I am there in September so the numbers are not available. I also booked prior to the date based tickets coming out so I'm guessing that's making a difference too.

Just curious @DisLiss and @tguz, when did you book your 2019 trips and do either of them include dining?

I guess we're seeing it really is difficult to compare as there are so many moving parts.

2020 Disney Packages for the US and Canada (and possibly some other places) only became available today, Jun 18, 2019. Disney often releases their UK packages before they release their North American packages
We booked ours in January 2019 the day they surprised us all with the free dining offer so early in the year. We had assumed that we would have to wait until April to see if they were going to offer free dining. Our vacation starts July 28th.

I book a January 2020 package at POP yesterday for a standard room. Today I was playing around in MDE and came to the section where you make your room requests. The 1960's (Buildings 4 & 5) and not included as possible requests. I assume due to the Skyliner, that section no longer has what is considered a standard rooms?

I book a January 2020 package at POP yesterday for a standard room. Today I was playing around in MDE and came to the section where you make your room requests. The 1960's (Buildings 4 & 5) and not included as possible requests. I assume due to the Skyliner, that section no longer has what is considered a standard rooms?
NOOOOO!!! This makes me sad to hear. Hopefully it's just MDE being its usual finicky self. I always book standard and that's our favorite area at POP. Although I really wouldn't be surprised if they have reworked the standard room designations to exclude those.

NOOOOO!!! This makes me sad to hear. Hopefully it's just MDE being its usual finicky self. I always book standard and that's our favorite area at POP. Although I really wouldn't be surprised if they have reworked the standard room designations to exclude those.

I hope it is just a glitch too and haven't made a request just in case. The 60's rooms facing the lake are my favorite. But like you, I wouldn't be surprised if they made the change.

This is no surprise as I cannot imagine for a moment that the rooms closest to Classic Hall, the buses and the Skyliner would remain as Standard rooms. We've been saying this for a long time, just weren't sure when it would happen.

If this is the case it will be more difficult to book Standard rooms in the future as it appears Pop will have more Preferred Rooms and less Standard rooms available.

I'm sad too as 60's lake view rooms were always my favourite rooms but thinking they will be changing their status soon. I just double checked and my September reservation still has 60's as an option for Standard rooms. Hoping we can stay there one final time. :)

Pop Century is nice, for a value resort. No way is it worth $200+ a night. Not with a cafeteria-style dining area and the only other significant amenity being the bus service (and now the gondola, I guess). I spent $120 a night in May and thought that was about right.

I'm new here....well technically a long time lurker. Anyways, I just booked two preferred rooms for next May. I booked them both under my email and Disney account. Are the two reservations already connected (I am talking about later on when I book dining and fastpass selections, will all 7 of us in the two rooms be together or will I have to do everything twice?....Does that even make sense?) Also, when can I put in my connecting room request? When I do online check-in?

I'm sad too as 60's lake view rooms were always my favourite rooms but thinking they will be changing their status soon. I just double checked and my September reservation still has 60's as an option for Standard rooms. Hoping we can stay there one final time. :)

I hope it’s the same for November. I purposely booked standard for a 50’s lakeview room.

Although I always thought preferred was supposed to be close to the main hall. I can’t imagine paying preferred and still being farther away.

I hope it’s the same for November. I purposely booked standard for a 50’s lakeview room.

Although I always thought preferred was supposed to be close to the main hall. I can’t imagine paying preferred and still being farther away.
From the post quoted above, it appears only the 60's Standard rooms may have been removed.

@Disneylvr are you able to request a Standard room in the 50's section?

That being said, it could be all Lake View rooms might be removed from Standard. Can totally see that happening.

For my November stay (standard), the 60's section was only available as a second request. The first request did not have that option.
So my request is: 1) Lake View 2) 60's section
instead of: 1)60's section 2)Lake View

For my November stay (standard), the 60's section was only available as a second request. The first request did not have that option.

That’s weird. I just looked and it’s available on both options for me.

Are you booked for 2019 or 2020?

I am booked for October 2019 and both options are available under 1st and 2nd request. My request is 1) 60s 2) lake view

Last edited:
I'm new here....well technically a long time lurker. Anyways, I just booked two preferred rooms for next May. I booked them both under my email and Disney account. Are the two reservations already connected (I am talking about later on when I book dining and fastpass selections, will all 7 of us in the two rooms be together or will I have to do everything twice?....Does that even make sense?) Also, when can I put in my connecting room request? When I do online check-in?
Welcome!!!

As long as everyone is already on the resort reservation, then you should be connected in your MDE account. So when it's time to make ADR's, you'll just put in 7 for the number of your party when you search. Once you find a time, you will list each person from your MDE account that will be at that meal. You can make ADR's for your entire group each time. Same as fastpasses. So basically you only do it once per ADR or FP. You CAN also make ADRs and FP in smaller groups too, if y'all want to split up.

Did you make note to connect the rooms or be close by, when you made the room reservations? If you didn't, you can call them and let them know. Just give them both reservation #s. They'll do their best to keep you together or close-by.

I don't know how early you can do online check-in. It seems like the option is there for awhile. We'll be there next week, but I usually don't check-in until the night before or that day. So maybe someone else has more experience with that. I hope this helps!

i have a preferred room booked for end of august
my request options are:
high floor
landscape view
50s
60s
70s
near stairs
regardless of what i pick my 2nd option requests don't change, it just eliminates the one i have chosen first
think i am going to do -- 60s building then high floor -- fingers crossed we get it!

I'm new to Pop Century but looking at booking for next summer to book a "value" but with flexibility of having Skyline or Bus.

I see a few posts above, talking about different sections.
We'd like to book a "standard" room. What is the best section to book in terms of being near Skyline an Bus.

I'm new to Pop Century but looking at booking for next summer to book a "value" but with flexibility of having Skyline or Bus.

I see a few posts above, talking about different sections.
We'd like to book a "standard" room. What is the best section to book in terms of being near Skyline an Bus.

You can't be close to both, it's an either or. However, Pop is not that big so it really isn't a concern. Our favorite is 60's Lake View for a Standard room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter