Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I'm talking about area. That is, AKL probably has half the diagonal measurement of Pop, so 23 inch screens. If you double the length, you quadruple the area.
Originally you posted
2. We also stayed at AKL and POR (royal room) on this trip. Their TVs were about a quarter the size of the TV at Pop!
"About a quarter" of a 55" diagonal screen is a 13.75" screen.
1. I requested 60s (preferred room) and got 70s. That's never happened before,
Nice that this never happened to you before, and great that you were able to be moved, but requests are never, ever, ever, ever guaranteed or a sure thing or absolute.
They used to have 2 different lines for "check in" and "concierge service."
I
And before the inception of Lobby Concierge, Disney resorts had one single lobby line for everything. Each guest in turn went to the next available CM.

What's awful? Does my trip sound awful? It wasn't.
You didn't like the room assignment.
You didn't like the line in the lobby.
You didn't like that Disney combined check in and lobby concierge which made you have to wait in a long line.
You didn't like the TVs at AKL/POR.
You didn't like the lack of charging plugs.
You didn't like the lack of a good court at a deluxe resort.
You didn't like the chairs you say on to eat pizza.
You didn't like the heat. In Florida. In or immediately after summer.
the distance between your CBR room and the Skyliner station, especially in comparison to Pop, and in spite of there being a bus stop at the station.
You didn't like that there was a Skyliner closure that did not affect you.
You didn't like that there was no signage at Epcot advising of said closure, despite seeming not to know the timing.
You didn't like that no reason was offered for the closure.
You didn't like that the Skyliner operates 60 feet off the ground at some points.
You didn't like that you were upgraded at the Contemporary (by the way, it's perfectly acceptable to decline an upgrade.)
You didn't like the speed of the Contemporary elevators.
You didn't like that people from higher floors left no room on the elevators for people in your floor.
You didn't like that people on lower floors also called for the elevators.
You (did then) didn't like the Skyliner overall.
You don't like that the Skyliner indefinite closure will cause people to use buses.
And you don't like the price of Pop rooms.

It’s on the Generation Gap Bridge right between Pop and AofA. The bridge is located near the 60’s buildings.
I am still surprised that,knowing Disney's attention to detail,they didn't rename Generation Gap Bridge(and to a lesser degree Hourglass Lake) when Art of Animation was built instead of Pop Century-The Legendary Years.

PopArt Bridge would be my suggestion or now Skyliner Bridge would be good. :)

I didn't mean that the Contemp don't have any stairs. Just not like Pop where it is ready and open, right next to the elevator. In fact, DS13 told me that he went down the stairs somehow, they were full of garbage, and he ended up in some docking area or something? I have never seen the stairs at the Contemp or the Grand Floridian Sugarloaf building, but I'm sure they are somewhere.
Sounds like he went down the outdoor stairs on the south side of the building. I know there used to be a CM break area on one of the landings there and some other things. We never found trash on the inside stairs, but we did only go between floor 4-6 on them.

We haven't stayed at Pop in a while but were regulars over a number of years. My favorite room request was always building 5 (Baloo) ground floor overlooking the Hippy Dippy Pool. I loved the easy access to food, shopping and buses.

I'm assuming that room would be a preferred pool room? We only have a preferred room booked though. When I booked, even a while back when there was a lot of availability, preferred pool wasn't available. Is the Hippy Dippy pool refurbishment having some impact on that?

Anyway, what's the closest I can request to that location with only a preferred room?

We haven't stayed at Pop in a while but were regulars over a number of years. My favorite room request was always building 5 (Baloo) ground floor overlooking the Hippy Dippy Pool. I loved the easy access to food, shopping and buses.

I'm assuming that room would be a preferred pool room? We only have a preferred room booked though. When I booked, even a while back when there was a lot of availability, preferred pool wasn't available. Is the Hippy Dippy pool refurbishment having some impact on that?

Anyway, what's the closest I can request to that location with only a preferred room?

My favourite preferred location in building 5 is near the bridge to AofA.

Is standard view available in the 50’s section? Just curious if standard rooms are only in the 80’s and 90’s. Is standard pool view different than standard?
Thank you!

Check out the map posted above. Every building has standard view.
Thank you, I did, I just was confused because it says standard pool view and I wasn’t sure if that was different than plain old standard! I really like the 50’s section so I hope to be in that area!

My favourite preferred location in building 5 is near the bridge to AofA.

View attachment 443076
OK, it took me a minute, but I see now the color code for preferred, preferred view and standard pool. Thanks for that! I'm thinking the route to Generation Gap bridge would be best too, especially since I assume we'll be taking the Skyliner to some Epcot and DHS.

We swapped to DLR in 2013 so it's been a long time since we stayed here. I really can't wait. It's going to be such a blast from the past for us!

Fifties. Preferred would be building 4 facing building 3, and holding 5 facing building 6. I think those are the only Preferred (location) non pool view rooms.
Are you seriously arguing about TV size? 🙄. Not sure why you feel the need to dissect every comment.
Accuracy. Great that it doesn't matter to you. It matters to me. Saying the higher level hotel THe are a quarter of the size of Pop's is misleading (okay, wrong) information to anyone who reads this thread in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter