Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fifties. Preferred would be building 4 facing building 3, and holding 5 facing building 6. I think those are the only Preferred (location) non pool view rooms.
Buildings 4 and 5 are 60’s. And there are Preferred rooms in buildings 4 and 5 facing each other close to the bridge. Check out the map on the previous page.

We haven't stayed at Pop in a while but were regulars over a number of years. My favorite room request was always building 5 (Baloo) ground floor overlooking the Hippy Dippy Pool. I loved the easy access to food, shopping and buses.

I'm assuming that room would be a preferred pool room? We only have a preferred room booked though. When I booked, even a while back when there was a lot of availability, preferred pool wasn't available. Is the Hippy Dippy pool refurbishment having some impact on that?

Anyway, what's the closest I can request to that location with only a preferred room?
Winter 2020 I believe. No exact dates published for closing or reopening.

pretty sure they’ve taken ‘Preferred Pool View’ rooms out as an option during the anticipated refurb dates.

The potential closure of Hippy Dippy pool is part of the reasons why I added the Plus option to my tickets (16$ with the Canadian pricing): If I am desperate for a big pool in January, I will go to Blizzard Beach! Maybe the CM animation will be fun at one of the other pools. It would also be cool if we would have the option to use Big Blue at AoA while they refurb Hippy Dippy.

The potential closure of Hippy Dippy pool is part of the reasons why I added the Plus option to my tickets (16$ with the Canadian pricing): If I am desperate for a big pool in January, I will go to Blizzard Beach! Maybe the CM animation will be fun at one of the other pools. It would also be cool if we would have the option to use Big Blue at AoA while they refurb Hippy Dippy.
Pop will still have 2 functioning pools during the refurbishment. The pools at Art ofAnimation (and all other resorts) will continue to be off limits to Pop guests.

Winter 2020 I believe. No exact dates published for closing or reopening.

pretty sure they’ve taken ‘Preferred Pool View’ rooms out as an option during the anticipated refurb dates.
We are staying 1/6 to 1/15. Unless I miss my mark, I'd say the refurb starts a few days into our trip. Even way back when I booked months ago, I could book a preferred pool for the first couple days but then nothing. So I'm guessing those rooms become preferred when the pool closes. Which is a shame. I really wanted one of those closer rooms, but since preferred pool wasn't available our entire stay, we couldn't book that.

We are staying 1/6 to 1/15. Unless I miss my mark, I'd say the refurb starts a few days into our trip. Even way back when I booked months ago, I could book a preferred pool for the first couple days but then nothing. So I'm guessing those rooms become preferred when the pool closes. Which is a shame. I really wanted one of those closer rooms, but since preferred pool wasn't available our entire stay, we couldn't book that.
I tried really hard today to figure out at least a start date to the refurbishment but after Jan 7th I can’t get availability to show at Pop for any room category at all. I’d agree with you and your guesstimating if the pool refurbishments. If I had to guess based on what I can see, I believe the Hiooy Dippy refurbishment will begin on/around Jan 8, 2020.

I tried really hard today to figure out at least a start date to the refurbishment but after Jan 7th I can’t get availability to show at Pop for any room category at all. I’d agree with you and your guesstimating if the pool refurbishments. If I had to guess based on what I can see, I believe the Hiooy Dippy refurbishment will begin on/around Jan 8, 2020.
Yeah, it's pretty booked up that week (because of the marathon I'm sure). But I did a lot of looking back before it booked up, and the 8th seems like a decent guess.

Anybody have any links to the prices at the gift shop? Specifically the alcohol and bottled waters?

Bottled water would be the same price as in the food court. I don't know if anyone's ever taken a picture of the behind-the-counter shelf tags.

Attachments

• 10FBD6CE-A335-4F22-8787-5341E69464C1.jpeg
    10FBD6CE-A335-4F22-8787-5341E69464C1.jpeg
    103.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 942F9DC1-0FA9-48BB-96BF-65E30BB7B9C3.jpeg
    942F9DC1-0FA9-48BB-96BF-65E30BB7B9C3.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 68
No doubt about that!!!!

When watching our games at the All-Star Resort after watching games on the POP TVs it is really a LET DOWN!lol

But Movies now has the 55s and Music and Sports will eventually.

I know exactly what you are talking about. We stayed 10 nights at AKL and added 3 days at POP and wow. They put AKL little TVs to shame :rotfl2:

What's the best way to get to Pop from CBR resort? Initially we were going to take the skyliner, but that may not be an option. Can you walk? Are there sidewalks? We will drop off our luggage at CBR and let it be delivered later. We may go to one of the parks, so we can take a bus from there. But I was also considering trying to check in early. Anyone have luck with that? Or are they pretty firm with the 3:00 check-in?

What's the best way to get to Pop from CBR resort? Initially we were going to take the skyliner, but that may not be an option. Can you walk? Are there sidewalks? We will drop off our luggage at CBR and let it be delivered later. We may go to one of the parks, so we can take a bus from there. But I was also considering trying to check in early. Anyone have luck with that? Or are they pretty firm with the 3:00 check-in?

Sorry, you can't walk between CBR & Pop.

Quickest/simplest is Uber/Lyft/taxi/Minnie Van.

Free Disney mass transit, you'll have to bus to a park/DS then bus to Pop.

I'd really like to think Skyliner will be back up before too long, but who knows?

I'd really like to think Skyliner will be back up before too long, but who knows?
Thank you!

Another option is to catch the ESPN WWoS Sports bus at OPR-it will go to ESPN WWoS first and then to Pop Century.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter