Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you use an electronic gift card in the parks...not that tech savy? And can you still call for towels?
First off, do you have a smart phone? They will email the ecard to the email address on file. You just show it to the CM when you check out.

We had a great stay at POP and very sad to be on the airport bound magical express. We had room 6458. It was perfect, a very quiet location on the top floor, lake view, no connecting door, and conveniently located. I asked for lake view, 70s section, online. I stopped by the desk at 8 am and asked for top floor too and told them we wouldn't need the room until late because we were going to the parks all day. Got a text at 1 saying it was ready!

How do you use an electronic gift card in the parks...not that tech savy? And can you still call for towels?

you can show the barcode on your phone and they can scan it. Or if you have a physical gift card you can go to the Disney gift card website and combine the electronic one to a physical one. That’s what I did

Quick review after getting back from split Disney-Universal Studios stay. Two adults, no children. Disneyland season pass holders for many years. Been to Florida once before 11 years ago. Stayed 6 nights at Pop, 7 nights at Universal Royal Pacific, and 3 nights off-site.

Arrived at Pop Dec. 6 around noon. Check-in went well, though there was a bit of a lineup. We had to check-in in person in order to get our magic bands. We had used Touring Plans to request top floor, 60's facing the lake. We got top floor, 80's facing the parking lot. But it was ready, which was nice, as we had some groceries to drop-off. We had went to Walmart, got a $10 toaster and some bread and butter which was a really nice, easy way to start the morning without needing to eat asap at the parks. Some beer and wine for the room and we were good to go! CMs at check-in were friendly and efficient.

PROS: We really liked the room. It was clean, bright, neat and tidy. Lots of storage space for two adults. Bathroom facilities, sink, etc. all worked very well for us. We only used one bed, so the table under the Murphy Bed was functional the entire stay. We LOVED the Skyliner. Little to no waits and only got 'stuck' once for about 10 minutes. No biggie. Enjoyed the computer pool, Petals lounge, and the nice tables aside the computer pool Friday evening. Our sink didn't drain, but a quick call in the morning before we left for the parks, and it was draining freely upon our return later in the day. Excellent response.

CONS: Didn't like the food court. Only ate there once, though. We both had something 'called' lasagne, but it was very weird tasting - too much sauce, not enough noodles. We didn't care for the selection and environment, but in fairness, we rarely visit any food court. At any rate, there are no shortage of dining options in Disney, so we managed to find lots of choices to our taste. Especially with the Skyliner, which made Epcot, Caribbean, Boardwalk, Beach and Yacht clubs all readily accessible. Our biggest issue was the football players. I had read that Pop wasn't utilized for the teams, but our experience indicated otherwise. Friday night was very nice, but it seems the bulk of them arrived at our building on Saturday, which dramatically decreased the enjoyability of our stay. The issue isn't with the boys - very understandable they were excited and exuberant. The issue was with the lack of supervision and respect for others on the part of the parents. The computer pool became unusable due to the large number of young boys throwing footballs, etc in the pool. Likewise the adjacent walkways. The area with the 'keyboard' was totally impassable at times due to them running plays there. We had to detour the long way around several times. Loud GROUP cheers at 0700am are unacceptable, in my opinion, in a public area. There were large groups of parents outside their rooms drinking, becoming louder as they drank more. There was a shouting fight in the parking lot outside our room. The food court was at times overrun with unsupervised children, some of whom were very rude to others and the staff. (To be fair, many, many of them were very nice, but the rude ones were so obvious and intrusive). I get that this was an exciting time for them, but they totally lacked any respect for others that were there, also attempting to have an enjoyable holiday. In light of this, we will never stay at any of the values during this time ever again. Just not a relaxing stay. Now onto the positive: when we voiced our disappointment to the manager on Monday, indicating that we were trying to be patient and understanding, but it was negatively impacting our holiday, he was very understanding and quickly moved to address our concerns and make the remainder of our stay very magical. Much appreciation to him and his staff.

In conclusion, we would stay at Pop Century again, just not during the Pop Warner week.

Last edited:
Thank you for addressing the issues while a resolution was possible! And thank you for a balanced review!

Can I assume you were replying to me? If so, thank you. I believe that no place is 100% perfect 100% of the time for 100% of people. In this light, how a business responds to issues that arise is what impacts customer satisfaction the most. But you have to give them a chance to respond! In this instance, we were very pleased with their response. Our intent wasn't to 'get something out of them', but rather to let them know that had we been aware we would encounter this situation, we would have chosen to stay elsewhere. If they don't know that there's an issue, they don't get the opportunity to make corrections.

We had a great holiday in Florida. :earsgirl::earsboy:

We had a great stay at POP and very sad to be on the airport bound magical express. We had room 6458. It was perfect, a very quiet location on the top floor, lake view, no connecting door, and conveniently located. I asked for lake view, 70s section, online. I stopped by the desk at 8 am and asked for top floor too and told them we wouldn't need the room until late because we were going to the parks all day. Got a text at 1 saying it was ready!
This is the exact room we requested through Touring Plans for the 6-12! It looked perfect. Sadly we didn't get it - we got parking lot facing. But also got top floor, no connecting door, so 2/3 isn't too bad!

Not at all. There is still a clear walking path around them. We parked an ECV beside the window and still had enough room to walk.

Warning: There is about a 2" lip that sticks out from the table/bed where the mattress sits. Some have reported hitting that when walking around. We did once or twice but quickly learned to be cautious.

LOL so true about the bed platform. DH and I both cracked our shins a couple of times until we became fully aware of the problem. Very comfortable beds, though.
🛌

They don't block the door - but the rooms do feel a bit smaller with these queen beds instead of the previous full size beds. However, they are VERY comfortable!

You should be able to see the spacing from my trip here:
very nice video!! thanks!!

Now onto the positive: when we voiced our disappointment to the manager on Monday, indicating that we were trying to be patient and understanding, but it was negatively impacting our holiday, he was very understanding and quickly moved to address our concerns and make the remainder of our stay very magical. Much appreciation to him and his staff.

Situations like yours happen quite a bit be it from Pop Warner,Cheerleaders,The 15s,etc.

The revenue from these groups is just too lucrative for Disney to "turn down",so they are willing to take any "PR hit" from Guests finding themselves in your situation and will respond accordingly to complaints.

Did they offer to move you to another Resort?

They do that often in response to complaints like yours-sometimes even moving Value Guests to a Deluxe property! :)

Situations like yours happen quite a bit be it from Pop Warner,Cheerleaders,The 15s,etc.

The revenue from these groups is just too lucrative for Disney to "turn down",so they are willing to take any "PR hit" from Guests finding themselves in your situation and will respond accordingly to complaints.

Did they offer to move you to another Resort?

They do that often in response to complaints like yours-sometimes even moving Value Guests to a Deluxe property! :)

They moved us to a suite at Art of Animation, which was good and we enjoyed a lot. Plus threw in a few other perks as well to take away the sting of a few unpleasant days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter