Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
DH and DS were "stranded" at HS because they decided to get in one more ride. We were exhausted and headed back for the night but they stayed until closing walking out at about 10:02 p.m. (Park closed at 10 p.m.) The skyliner at HS had stopped at 10 p.m. that night so they were sent to the bus. DH was not happy about it because it took them almost an hour to get back.
In fairness, they weren't stranded or even "stranded".

I guess the only other option then is to stay off site. I plan on trying to stay off site one time to see if I still feel like I'm part of the Magic. Not sure. I don't mind the theme and I do think it's primarily for the kids. I mean...is it that much of a problem for you?
We don’t want to drive while we’re down there. We’ve stayed at Pop several times. It’s ok or we wouldn’t stay there. I’d just like a value that’s more adult themed.

Finally have a little time to type a bit about our stay at POP over turkey week. Our standard room request which we had added to our reservation and followed up with a fax, was: lake view, close to gap bridge. We did online check-in but skipped the room request portion since we already had added it to reservation. We arrived around 4 and went to the park without checking in, we received a text around 7 that our room was ready. I checked and we were given room 6117, which was in the 70's area and the room was lake side. When we got there we really liked the room location as it was close to everything:) We are a family of 4 and DDs are 10 & 15 and there really was not enough drawer/storage space for all of us and as the only male I was the one that had to live out of my duffle bag:( Room refurb likes, QUEEN BEDS, pocket doors, cubes and outlets/USB chargers by the head of the beds, counter area by TV, shower and sink area. Room dislikes, losing table when bed is down, lack of drawer space, glass shower doors (eliminates anyone from still being able to use the toilet if they really had to go). We were a bit skeptical about the skyliner but after using 3-4 times we absolutely loved it. When there was a line it moved quickly and the ride was great. I really liked the fact that they load guests with wheelchairs or ECV's at a seperate location, so there is no real delay. Like at the PO resorts, we like having a sister resort so close, as we ate there a couple of times to change things up. The sink area is a bit small especially for a family with 3 females:) But it actually led to some funny times with my DW and 2 DDs competing for space, I really wished I would have recorded them one morning, it was hilarious and by the end all 3 were laughing so hard. But that is what is great about our family, compared to some others that would have just focused complained about the lack of bathroom space and let it bother them. This was our 4th stay at POP and we had a great stay and will definitely stay here again.

Last edited:
Our experience with the skyliner over Thanksgiving week -

We were super apprehensive - me of heights and being "stuck" up there; DH of limited spaces with lots of strangers. We decided to give it a try on our first night just to see if it was an option for the rest of our stay. Although I can not say that I love it, I did ride it MANY MANY more times during the week and even told DH on the way home that it was a game changer in how we toured. To be able to get home from Epcot or HS in less than 20 minutes with no wait for a bus was awesome. It definitely made it easier for those parks to just pop in for a few rides and then leave.

Be careful with depending on it for early or late arrivals though. We were surprised to find that it didn't always open as early as the park did and on at least one evening, DH and DS were "stranded" at HS because they decided to get in one more ride. We were exhausted and headed back for the night but they stayed until closing walking out at about 10:02 p.m. (Park closed at 10 p.m.) The skyliner at HS had stopped at 10 p.m. that night so they were sent to the bus. DH was not happy about it because it took them almost an hour to get back.
We were there also during turkey week and we totally agree with how great the Skyliner was to use.

The Skyliner hours are posted at the resorts right at the Skyliner entrance and the same at the parks, so we knew exactly when they were stopping. And you always have the buses to use, to us it's not a big deal.

Looking at the pictures of the "trundle beds" or whatever they're called, when they are opened, do they block the doorway?

Looking at the pictures of the "trundle beds" or whatever they're called, when they are opened, do they block the doorway?
Not at all. There is still a clear walking path around them. We parked an ECV beside the window and still had enough room to walk.

Warning: There is about a 2" lip that sticks out from the table/bed where the mattress sits. Some have reported hitting that when walking around. We did once or twice but quickly learned to be cautious.

Not at all. There is still a clear walking path around them. We parked an ECV beside the window and still had enough room to walk.

Warning: There is about a 2" lip that sticks out from the table/bed where the mattress sits. Some have reported hitting that when walking around. We did once or twice but quickly learned to be cautious.
:thanks:

This closure was announced over a year ago so I anticipate that is will be bigger than a normal maintenance. Not saying we'll see any changes to the pool (although we might) but since it was announced so long ago it's anticipated to be a longer, more in-depth refurbishment will be taking place.
Do we have have any confirmation on the exact closure dates for the HD pool? Specifically, when does it start in January 2020?

Do we have have any confirmation on the exact closure dates for the HD pool? Specifically, when does it start in January 2020?

The only specific date I've seen has been a rumor for January 13. Could be accurate, might not be. It came from a phone cm when someone was booking Pop for that time frame, so it is certainly possible they have the date right. I mean, I'm not normally one to trust what phone cm's say, but in this case it could very well be true.

I just changed our June reservation with our bounceback to Pop. I really wanted to be on the Skyliner route and I have to say that I'm really pleased to read all these positive reviews. It'll be our first stay at Pop. We're staying at All Star Movies next month and it'll be our first time in refurbished rooms like the ones at Pop. Looking forward to it!

We check in on the 6th. Way back many months ago when I was pricing out our stay, when everything was pretty much wide open, preferred pool rooms disappeared a couple days into our trip. So not sure exactly when they'll start, but looks to me like they took the preferred pool pricing out around the 8th.

They don't block the door - but the rooms do feel a bit smaller with these queen beds instead of the previous full size beds. However, they are VERY comfortable!

You should be able to see the spacing from my trip here:

They don't block the door - but the rooms do feel a bit smaller with these queen beds instead of the previous full size beds. However, they are VERY comfortable!

You should be able to see the spacing from my trip here:
Thank you....perfect video for checking out the rooms!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter