• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought from everything that's been reported that they haven't changed the skyliner hrs...isn't it still just 9am (I know they will start a little early if they're ready, but that's been the case all along.) I don't think so far they have adjusted hrs at all and it seems the opening of CBR will only make it a longer commute for those trying to arrive at a park via skyliner.
I’m guessing the opening of CBR is creating an even bigger nightmare until they start running the skyliner earlier.

If you’re not aiming for a rise boarding group I wouldn’t even bother with rope drop. After a couple of hours it all dies down and it’s much more pleasant. The new normal is now a reverse rope drop see if you can wait it out and go for the last 5 hours. Rise throws a huge wrench in the plans because the 2pm drop is no guarantee but neither is the 10.
Agree. HS is so much better from about 3:00 to close. It’s a total madhouse at opening. The day we missed the 10am time due to skyliner taking an hour, we were only able to get a backup group at 2:00 which wasn’t called.

If you’re not aiming for a rise boarding group I wouldn’t even bother with rope drop. After a couple of hours it all dies down and it’s much more pleasant. The new normal is now a reverse rope drop see if you can wait it out and go for the last 5 hours. Rise throws a huge wrench in the plans because the 2pm drop is no guarantee but neither is the 10.

We are hoping for a boarding group, otherwise we wouldn't mind taking our sweet time. We went once in December when we had to get up at like 4am (shortly after it opened!), but skipped the whole hoopla on our Feb. trip and my son was so bummed. I promised him we would try again next trip.

Last edited:

Yes, the post you quoted was more than a week old and much has changed since then, especially since CB now has guests also. It seems to ensure you hopefully get to DHS and are through the gates by park opening at 10 you want to line up fir the Skyliner as close to 8am as possible and be prepared to wait until it opens around 9am.
I guess I'm confused as to why the opening of CBR would make transport from Pop via skyliner better? Wouldn't that just make even longer lines at the transfer?
I’ve posted my response and yours. I’m not sure how you’re interpreting what I said as the opening of CBR being better for the Skyliner?

CBR being open has definitely added to the Skyliner traffic so additional time for lines is needed.

I have no plans to ride either Runaway Railway or RoRR. When does the early rush dies down?
Thanks!

Just booked POP Nov 6-11. A little nervous after reading about the skyliner issues but a lot can change before then.
I was debating between POP and CSR but decided on POP so we don't have to deal with the multiple bus stops and not knowing which restaurants will be open at CSR. Plus it was cheaper.

I’ve posted my response and yours. I’m not sure how you’re interpreting what I said as the opening of CBR being better for the Skyliner?

CBR being open has definitely added to the Skyliner traffic so additional time for lines is needed.
I guess it was because you were quoting a post where the poster said thr skyliner was not great and took a long time to which you replied that a lot has changed. At first I thought you meant that it's not as bad now, but maybe you meant it's even worse as far as the change?

Either way it sounds like Disney should be running buses in addition to the Skyliner for at least opening/closing.

I thought you weren't allowed to enter the food court? I was assuming they must be in the gift shop because how else would you also pay for them? You must have to pay in the gift shop.
Just checked in today. The mugs are in the gift shop area by entrance to food court part, pay in gift shop, you then show your mug to cm at entrance to food court, then you are directed to right lane where there are tables of different beverages laid out for you to grab in paper cups with lids. The food portion of food court is mobile order only. Nothing is grab n go and there’s no self service access to beverage stations so you can’t use it to fill your own water bottle anymore

I guess it was because you were quoting a post where the poster said thr skyliner was not great and took a long time to which you replied that a lot has changed. At first I thought you meant that it's not as bad now, but maybe you meant it's even worse as far as the change?

Either way it sounds like Disney should be running buses in addition to the Skyliner for at least opening/closing.
I was concerned because the person quoted a post I had put up on July 23rd. On July 23rd, arriving at the Pop Skyliner station at 8:50 was normally sufficient time to get to DHS. Now, just 9 days later much has changed and arriving at the Pop Skyliner at 8:50am may put you lined up somewhere back in the 50’d section.

I didn’t want my post from 9 days earlier to cause someone to potentially miss getting to DHS in time to attempt to get a BG.

Last edited:
Just checked in today. The mugs are in the gift shop area by entrance to food court part, pay in gift shop, you then show your mug to cm at entrance to food court, then you are directed to right lane where there are tables of different beverages laid out for you to grab in paper cups with lids. The food portion of food court is mobile order only. Nothing is grab n go and there’s no self service access to beverage stations so you can’t use it to fill your own water bottle anymore
Are there still some food items available in the refrigerator section of the gift shop?? Hope your having a great time.

Are there still some food items available in the refrigerator section of the gift shop?? Hope your having a great time.
No. Somebody asked somewhere recently if the Grab & Go area is open. Several posters said it isnt, and one posted a picture of the walled-off area.

We ordered groceries from Garden Grocer for next week. I've never done it before but given the lack of breakfast options I thought it would be easier and probably cheaper anyway. I had to pay for plastic ware and plates and such, but still was reasonable. If you're hesitant, they have a deal if you buy it far enough in advance, I think 2 weeks? Worth looking into. I'll report back on how it goes.

No. Somebody asked somewhere recently if the Grab & Go area is open. Several posters said it isnt, and one posted a picture of the walled-off area.
I was not asking about the "grab & go" i was asking about the refrigerator section in the gift shop..

It looks like Skyliner to get to HS early is not looking too good. What about taking a bus. Is that more efficient?

Did you see the skyliner mug or just the regular and star wars ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter