Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Somebody asked somewhere recently if the Grab & Go area is open. Several posters said it isnt, and one posted a picture of the walled-off area.
They're not asking about grab n go in the food court. They're asking about grocery items (cold) in the gift shops.

Out of curiosity, what was the last year you stayed at WDW Pop Century Resort?
Are you implying that there's not a refrigerator portion at the Pop gift shop? I'm not the OP and it's been a few years since we've stayed at Pop, but I know many of the resort gift shops do have a grocery area. If this is not or no longer true at Pop, that's fine, please just let us know. It's very easy for ppl. who visit multiple resorts to not be aware of all the differences or changes at each particular resort.

Are you implying that there's not a refrigerator portion at the Pop gift shop? I'm not the OP and it's been a few years since we've stayed at Pop, but I know many of the resort gift shops do have a grocery area. If this is not or no longer true at Pop, that's fine, please just let us know. It's very easy for ppl. who visit multiple resorts to not be aware of all the differences or changes at each particular resort.

Hi, brockash.

My simple question was

I don't know your mindset at the time you wrote,
Are you implying that there's not a refrigerator portion at the Pop gift shop?
, but, please, do not try to put your words in my statement by saying that I am implying whatever is in your mind.

I'm not the OP...

You are correct, brockash. You are not the OP. Yet you took the time to try and imply why I would ask. And I simply said,
Out of curiosity,...

...and it's been a few years since we've stayed at Pop, but I know many of the resort gift shops do have a grocery area.

brockash, you are correct. I have used resort gift shop grocery refrigerated area when I've stayed at BWV and other WDW resorts.

Again, I don't know your mindset at the time you wrote,
If this is not or no longer true at Pop, that's fine, please just let us know.

The tone in words is hard to interpret, but I felt uncomfortable in your words.

And you using the phrase,
just let us know.
sounds like you are speaking for everyone on this forum and I certainly don't believe that is factual.

It's very easy for ppl. who visit multiple resorts to not be aware of all the differences or changes at each particular resort.

brockash, this is very true for myself. But again; please, but, please, do not try to put your words in my statement by saying that I am implying whatever is in your mind.

Hi, brockash.

My simple question was

I don't know your mindset at the time you wrote, , but, please, do not try to put your words in my statement by saying that I am implying whatever is in your mind.

You are correct, brockash. You are not the OP. Yet you took the time to try and imply why I would ask. And I simply said,

brockash, you are correct. I have used resort gift shop grocery refrigerated area when I've stayed at BWV and other WDW resorts.

Again, I don't know your mindset at the time you wrote,

The tone in words is hard to interpret, but I felt uncomfortable in your words.

And you using the phrase, sounds like you are speaking for everyone on this forum and I certainly don't believe that is factual.

brockash, this is very true for myself. But again; please, but, please, do not try to put your words in my statement by saying that I am implying whatever is in your mind.
Hi, Raysharpton; someone was inquiring about cold to go items at Pop in the gift shop (something many resorts have.) You didn't answer the question, but instead quoted them and then stated "out of curiosity, when's the last time you stayed at Pop." It was a very confusing statement/question to ask someone who was simply asking a question. I genuinely assumed Pop had a togo/grocery type area in their gift shop as well. (After reading another post who actually answered the question; it seems they used to, but no longer do.) I'm not sure why you couldn't just state that; instead of questioning the last time the OP stayed at the resort - not helpful at all and seemed a bit condescending. As far as me saying "us;"...well it was quite evident that myself and at least 1 other poster assumed there was a cold/grocery area at Pop and when you're referring to another person and yourself; it's accurate to use the term us. When a different poster actually answered the pp question...that helped all who were not aware...or "us."

Hi, Raysharpton; someone was inquiring about cold to go items at Pop in the gift shop (something many resorts have.) You didn't answer the question, but instead quoted them and then stated "out of curiosity, when's the last time you stayed at Pop." It was a very confusing statement/question to ask someone who was simply asking a question. I genuinely assumed Pop had a togo/grocery type area in their gift shop as well. (After reading another post who actually answered the question; it seems they used to, but no longer do.) I'm not sure why you couldn't just state that; instead of questioning the last time the OP stayed at the resort - not helpful at all and seemed a bit condescending. As far as me saying "us;"...well it was quite evident that myself and at least 1 other poster assumed there was a cold/grocery area at Pop and when you're referring to another person and yourself; it's accurate to use the term us. When a different poster actually answered the pp question...that helped all who were not aware...or "us."

Bless your heart.

I went to MK, HS, and Epcot from Pop this past week, using bus for MK and Skyliner for HS and Epcot. I was a little nervous beforehand about comments that indicated that entering the parks at opening was a “madhouse”. I arrived at and entered each of the parks before the scheduled opening time and there was no line, no madhouse. Zero, nada, nothing. No wait, no line for temp check, security or magicband tap. At this point I don’t know if my experience on those three days was the aberration or if it’s the experience reported by other people. My advice to people is line up early for bus or Skyliner, get to the park before opening and enjoy the leisurely entrance in and slow walk to your first walk-on attraction of the day, while you can.

Can you please take an extensive photo of the refrigerator because I would like to know which way the knob needs to be turned to make it very cold. Trouble in the past with this thank you

Hi, Sheila.

Turn the WDW Pop Century Resort room refrigerator white knob counter-clockwise to increase cooling option. And turn the white knob clockwise to make it less cooling or all the way clockwise to turn it off.

I'm laughing to myself because when I was trying to reach the knob from my wheelchair, I knocked everything off the shelf when I was trying to reach the knob to make it cooler. I almost fell out of my chair.

Both plastic shelves are removable and adjustable.

This photo was from the WDW Pop Century Resort standard room refrigerator.

The round knob in the photo is the adjustable knob.

It may be difficult to see, but there is a black curved arrow showing the larger part of the arrow on the left side, so when you turn the WDW Pop Century Resort room refrigerator white knob counter-clockwise it will make it cooler.

This WDW Pop Century Resort room refrigerator was from my standard roll-in shower room so the location is very different from a standard room because of the room design, but the cabinet is the same If you would like to see other photos with measurements of the same room, I have links to them in my signature below.

1'-6" h x 1'-4" w x 9" d-Interior Fridge space. No door storage [18" h x 16" w x 9" d]

The permanent shelf on top is deeper than 9" d

The refrigerator is in its own cabinet between the TV/Dresser and closet.

The Fridge has a see-through door with no door storage. It has two plastic, adjustable and removable shelves. No freezer section.

Last edited:
Are there still some food items available in the refrigerator section of the gift shop? Hope you having a great time.

Late 2018...

Hi, Gail. That's not too long ago. I couldn't remember when or where the refrigerated items were in the Pop gift shop either.

I remember the area with a variety of liquor bottles near behind one of the Pop gift shop checkout counters to the left of the food court tables entrance. And all of the donuts and cookies and dry food products like cereals, etc. to the far right area of the Pop gift shop. And candy in a lot of places

The BWV store is a combination of clothes and gifts and donuts and cookies and dry food products. They also had frozen microwavable items since even the BWV studio rooms have microwave machines.

I'm still considering going to BWV, maybe, the last week of August.

If I do, I'll take some photos of both resorts.

My annual vacation is usually every December.

Thank you again, Gail.

Last edited:
Hi, Sheila.

Turn the WDW Pop Century Resort room refrigerator white knob counter-clockwise to increase cooling option. And turn the white knob clockwise to make it less cooling or all the way clockwise to turn it off.

I'm laughing to myself because when I was trying to reach the knob from my wheelchair, I knocked everything off the shelf when I was trying to reach the knob to make it cooler. I almost fell out of my chair.

Both plastic shelves are removable and adjustable.

View attachment 515478

This photo was from the WDW Pop Century Resort standard room refrigerator.

The round knob in the photo is the adjustable knob.

It may be difficult to see, but there is a black curved arrow showing the larger part of the arrow on the left side, so when you turn the WDW Pop Century Resort room refrigerator white knob counter-clockwise it will make it cooler.

View attachment 515479

This WDW Pop Century Resort room refrigerator was from my standard roll-in shower room so the location is very different from a standard room because of the room design, but the cabinet is the same If you would like to see other photos with measurements of the same room, I have links to them in my signature below.

1'-6" h x 1'-4" w x 9" d-Interior Fridge space. No door storage [18" h x 16" w x 9" d]

The permanent shelf on top is deeper than 9" d

The refrigerator is in its own cabinet between the TV/Dresser and closet.

The Fridge has a see-through door with no door storage. It has two plastic, adjustable and removable shelves. No freezer section.
Thank you

I have been staying at Pop since 2016, and I don’t recall ever seeing a refrigerator in the gift shop portion of Everything Pop. I have always had to go into the food court side to get drinks. I typically look, because many times you can get an AP discount on bottled beverages purchased in a gift shop as opposed to a dining location. Perhaps they had just removed them before my first stay. You can still order some of the grab and go items, but you have to do it on mobile order for now. Guests do not have access to the refrigerators in the food court.

I wish they had a refrIgerator in the gift shop, as it would be handy for getting a bottled water on the way to the parks. The vending machines were a little temperamental last month.

I have been staying at Pop since 2016, and I don’t recall ever seeing a refrigerator in the gift shop portion of Everything Pop. I have always had to go into the food court side to get drinks. I typically look, because many times you can get an AP discount on bottled beverages purchased in a gift shop as opposed to a dining location. Perhaps they had just removed them before my first stay. You can still order some of the grab and go items, but you have to do it on mobile order for now. Guests do not have access to the refrigerators in the food court.

I wish they had a refrIgerator in the gift shop, as it would be handy for getting a bottled water on the way to the parks. The vending machines were a little temperamental last month.

Hi, Thank you.

I remember using the soda vending machines at Pop late one night at my building #10 after the food court was closed and they were a little temperamental, too, when using a credit card. I really needed a Coke

The Refrigerator was where the "Sundries(toothbrush/deodorant/shampoo.etc.)"are now-just to the right of the "back door" in Everything Pop Shop by the Bus Stops.

Hi, WEDWDW.

Thank you.

When I always go by there to look for something I needed like an antihistamine or something else, I seemed to stare at that area like something wasn't quite right.

But, I couldn't figure out why.

Now, I remember. The refrigerator was there.

Mystery solved for me.

Hi, Thank you.

I remember using the soda vending machines at Pop late one night at my building #10 after the food court was closed and they were a little temperamental, too, when using a credit card. I really needed a Coke

Maybe it was just building 10, since that’s where I was also. I put the cash in, and heard the water drop, but it didn’t come out. Normally I would just kick myself for using a vending machine in the first place and go on my way, but I really needed water. So I gambled and put more money in and fortunately both bottles came out. Of course, then I had to take one back to the room before heading out. For my long trip later this month, I am taking water with me (and some Dr. Pepper for my morning caffeine hit) so I won’t have to rely on the machines.

Will bell services bring luggage to your room and can you still drop it off at the porte cochere? I’ll be avoiding most restaurants next month and would like to bring a large ice chest with me. It’s too heavy and awkward for my 60 year old out of shape to wrangle.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter