Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we’ve been seeing ppl report first bus an hr before park open. Which means if on first bus, the park will likely already be open since they been letting you in about 45min prior to official open. You’d prob have to show up before the hr before open at bus stop given the potential lineup, and only 25 per bus cap. I’m probably planning on being out there by 7:45 for MK and 6:45 for AK maybe even a little before.
Thanks! I’m a super early riser and should have no problem lining up early 😊

Does the air circulating through the Gondola vents help some but not enough?
When I was there last month they were running the gondolas with every vent open to maximize air flow. I would guess you get a complete change of air multiple times during a flight. I also saw someone board the gondola ahead of me at CBR and give the interior a complete wipe down on the way to Pop, so they are cleaning during the day as well.

Think we’ve been seeing ppl report first bus an hr before park open. Which means if on first bus, the park will likely already be open since they been letting you in about 45min prior to official open. You’d prob have to show up before the hr before open at bus stop given the potential lineup, and only 25 per bus cap. I’m probably planning on being out there by 7:45 for MK and 6:45 for AK maybe even a little before.
For buses, unlike the gondolas, I assume it's best to have the entire party there to avoid irritating anyone behind you in line, right? I'm dreading getting half of our party out of the room on time...

For buses, unlike the gondolas, I assume it's best to have the entire party there to avoid irritating anyone behind you in line, right? I'm dreading getting half of our party out of the room on time...
The saving spots cutting is annoying to a lot of people, especially if it’s one person saving for a big group. But, everyone sees it happening on every trip to WDW, and so many more do it, and it has become more common/accepted imo.

The saving spots cutting is annoying to a lot of people, especially if it’s one person saving for a big group. But, everyone sees it happening on every trip to WDW, and so many more do it, and it has become more common/accepted imo.
Ok. I'm still planning to make my crew be there or they can take the next bus. 😂

It's never appropriate to save spaces in line at the buses but especially now as guests arriving late would need to pass by in close proximity other guests in line to catch up with their party. In today's climate it's best to wait until your entire party is present before getting in line for a bus.

It works for the Skyliner but not buses due to the design of the Skyliner queue at Pop and also because only one party is assigned to each cabin.

It's never appropriate to save spaces in line at the buses but especially now as guests arriving late would need to pass by in close proximity other guests in line to catch up with their party. In today's climate it's best to wait until your entire party is present before getting in line for a bus.

It works for the Skyliner but not buses due to the design of the Skyliner queue at Pop and also because only one party is assigned to each cabin.
We actually try to never save spaces in park, bus, or other line. Wish that would stop. Can’t say I’ve never not done it... been times where we were in line for food and wife had to run to bathroom and then cut in to order. But we don’t go out of our way to do it. We’re only 2, not that it’s ok- but we certainly see it often, buses, parks, food, whatever, and expect to see it soon. Good point about having to be in close proximity to cut in bus line- that would be true for a ride queue too. But I doubt guests are suddenly going to avoid saving spots completely out of a concern for others. But maybe people will surprise me:).

So we’re actually considering booking another hotel just because of the skyliner issue. Looking at Swan which is about $1k for 5 nights labors day week, including the large resort fees and taxes ($135-150/night without fees). We’d be paying more than what we got Pop for by $200 ($711 after 15-20% off rack by disney and then another 15% off orbitz). Swan - never been but seems like could walk 15 min to both EP and HS. a bit of an upgrade in resort/pool, but not sure the extra $300 is worth it. Obviously that’s a lot of uber rides. But I was surprised at how cheap Swan was right now. Saw it over $200 before taxes and fees when booking Pop in Feb for Sept originally.

I know this is a kind of old post but we just got back on 7/29 and haven't been on this thread since we left.

We took the skyliner to HS from Pop. Got in line at 9:09. They were not boarding the skyliner yet! Line was super long and back to the 50's section. That line took forever and then we got to the transfer station and were greeted with another long line. We didn't tap into HS until 10:06. I haven't read forward in this thread or been on the DIS much so maybe something has changed but that was our experience on 7/27.
What time do you think they started lining up?

So we’re actually considering booking another hotel just because of the skyliner issue. Looking at Swan which is about $1k for 5 nights labors day week, including the large resort fees and taxes ($135-150/night without fees). We’d be paying more than what we got Pop for by $200 ($711 after 15-20% off rack by disney and then another 15% off orbitz). Swan - never been but seems like could walk 15 min to both EP and HS. a bit of an upgrade in resort/pool, but not sure the extra $300 is worth it. Obviously that’s a lot of uber rides. But I was surprised at how cheap Swan was right now. Saw it over $200 before taxes and fees when booking Pop in Feb for Sept originally.
If you're considering Swan, do you have a car? If so, driving to Epcot and DHS might be a better option if you'd prefer not to wait in the Skyliner lines?

If you don't have a car, I learned recently that the Swan does not have Disney's Magical Express which might make a difference. I know that would be a deal breaker for us as we fly in and choose not to rent a car.

We found out, only by calling Delta last night for a general question that they canceled our flight and didn’t tell us. If I hadn’t called, we’d have found out during check in! They stopped flying out of our airport completely due to Covid stricken demand. And they wouldn’t refund given I had bought giftcards for booking the day of... just an expiring trip voucher. Called the complaint line, same result.

we had to look for American, which of course now requires us to take a half day off (no extra paid time off left), costs $60 more, and our return trip being American, also of course changed our flight several hrs earlier, making our last park day AK for just 3 hrs now. American also didn’t tell us of the change. Made the mistake of buying American giftcards at a discount on eBay to rebook last night. They were Delta cards, making things worse. Hope the trip swings more positively.

We found out, only by calling Delta last night for a general question that they canceled our flight and didn’t tell us. If I hadn’t called, we’d have found out during check in! They stopped flying out of our airport completely due to Covid stricken demand. And they wouldn’t refund given I had bought giftcards for booking the day of... just an expiring trip voucher. Called the complaint line, same result.

we had to look for American, which of course now requires us to take a half day off (no extra paid time off left), costs $60 more, and our return trip being American, also of course changed our flight several hrs earlier, making our last park day AK for just 3 hrs now. American also didn’t tell us of the change. Made the mistake of buying American giftcards at a discount on eBay to rebook last night. They were Delta cards, making things worse. Hope the trip swings more positively.

yikes! That is some bad flight luck. Hopefully your trip goes much better than that!

If you're considering Swan, do you have a car? If so, driving to Epcot and DHS might be a better option if you'd prefer not to wait in the Skyliner lines?

If you don't have a car, I learned recently that the Swan does not have Disney's Magical Express which might make a difference. I know that would be a deal breaker for us as we fly in and choose not to rent a car.
Are you sure on the Magical Express? That’s a concern and maybe axe that idea of switching. Thanks. We didn’t want to rent a car.

Follow up to my original question...How long should it take to get to the Boardwalk on the skyliner? Our flight now lands at 4:45p, so i figure 2 hours to get to Pop and in our room, could we make it by 8:10?
Probably, but not if you're going for a meal with a cancellation penalty.

magical express definitely doesn’t go to swan dolphin.
I’ll have to let wife know when we discuss it. We had a travel planner friend look into it for us - she deg didn’t mention that. But makes sense since it’s a Marriott

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter