• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if all buildings being used now?
They are and all 3 Pools as well.

Hippy Dippy has reached capacity a few times during our stay,but Bowling and Computer have not to my knowledge.

Interestingly,for the first time I have ever seen,they are checking Guests' names at all 3 Pools.

A CM we spoke with said Pool Crashers are a huge problem right now.

Just wondering from someone that has stayed in the rooms at Pop with three adults. How comfortable was it? Adult son invited himself on our vacation in January.
We stayed there with 3 adults and it was fine ...its not as roomy as a deluxe of course but the beds are very nice and so are the pillows, the rooms are very fresh looking ..its a little tight if you stay in your room alot . We will be staying there again and Iam sorry but I just cant and wont pay for a deluxe any more ,over $600.00 A NIGHT for 3 adults ouch!!! Even Pop is getting up there in price! Next years trip is costing us $400. more and we are staying the same amount of days as our Feb.2020 trip...I get it.. business is down they need to stay afloat some how.

Last edited:
I sure wish I was sitting in Classic Hall right now listening to Harvest Moon by Neil Young on the amazing Pop Century soundtrack.

Wait a minute!

I AM sitting in Classic Hall right now listening to Harvest Moon by Neil Young on the amazing Pop Century soundtrack!!!!lol

Be happy to take any questions about current happenings here in POPville.
We had Dinner at Disney Springs the other night at House of Blues Courtyard and while we were walking to our table,the Band started playing Harvest Moon by Neil Young!

This trip was just meant to happen!!!! :)

IT FELT SO GOOD TO LISTEN TO SOME GREAT LIVE MUSIC FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A VERY LONG TIME!

This might have been previously answered, but how frequently are buses currently running to HS and Epcot? I know the Skyliner is the primary method of travel for both parks now, but I'm not exactly a fan of heights and would prefer to not take it if possible.

This might have been previously answered, but how frequently are buses currently running to HS and Epcot? I know the Skyliner is the primary method of travel for both parks now, but I'm not exactly a fan of heights and would prefer to not take it if possible.
There are no buses going to those parks. You have to take the skyliner unless it is not running for some reason.

Disney Skyliner Reduces Operating Hours at Walt Disney World - September 9, 2020.

View attachment 525062

Signage outside of EPCOT’s International Gateway reflects the new hours for each station:
Disney’s Hollywood Studios: 9 AM to 8:30 PM
EPCOT International Gateway: 10:30 AM to 8:30 PM
Disney’s Pop Century Resort & Disney’s Art of Animation Resort: 9 AM to 8:30 PM

View attachment 525063

Just as before, the Skyliner operates up to an hour and a half after EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios close, which is now at 7 PM for both parks.

The Disney Skyliner also serves Disney’s Riviera Resort and Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort. While their stations’ hours were not posted, it’s very likely they share the same operating schedule.

They did not check names at bowling pool on Labor Day or Wed evening. A lifeguard said all 3 pools reached capacity at 11 on the weekend so I’m sure they were checking them. On Monday afternoon we had half of the bowling pool to ourselves. It was slightly busier last night but still maybe only a quarter occupied or less

I've never been a fan of the coffee in the food court. How is it making your own coffee in your room? I will have bottled water and my own coffeemate.
So please give me your opinions. Thanks!!

I've never been a fan of the coffee in the food court. How is it making your own coffee in your room? I will have bottled water and my own coffeemate.

personally, I'm not a huge fan of the coffee grounds that are in the room, so I bring my own.

I like the coffee in the room and they give you coffee mate creamer

We had to move our trip (haven’t we all) and we moved resorts too. We will now be at Pop and I’m wondering how comfy it has been for families of 4? We have two kids (8 and almost 4). We’ve stayed moderate or off-site previously and they let us keep our discount (from where they took free dining) if we went to pop.

Last edited:
We had to move our trip (haven’t we all) and we moved resorts too. We will now be at Pop and I’m wondering how comfy it has been for families of 4? We have two kids (8 and almost 4). We’ve stayed moderate or off-site previously and they let us keep our discount (from where they took free dining) when we moved it we went to pop.
We are a family of four - 2 adults/2 teens.
We stay at Pop each year for 2 weeks.
We love it! :)

We also stay in moderate/deluxes for shorter trips as well. So we notice the rooms at Pop are smaller, but if you can get past the room size, most everything else about the room is great! :thumbsup2

You might miss having a double sink in the washroom. That’s about it.

They did not check names at bowling pool on Labor Day or Wed evening. A lifeguard said all 3 pools reached capacity at 11 on the weekend so I’m sure they were checking them. On Monday afternoon we had half of the bowling pool to ourselves. It was slightly busier last night but still maybe only a quarter occupied or less
We didn't get checked at Bowing today either-I guess it was just a Saturday/Sunday thing.

The best thing about Bowling is the SOUNDTRACK-could literally sit there all day and listen to it-but that would cut considerably into Park time!lol

There are no buses going to those parks. You have to take the skyliner unless it is not running for some reason.
And it is not running just about every day now at some point because of weather.

If you are leaving Epcot going back to POP when Skyliner is down I STRONGLY suggest going to the Epcot Depot or take a Rideshare and don't try the BWI buses-we have had HUGE waits there!

And it is not running just about every day now at some point because of weather.

If you are leaving Epcot going back to POP when Skyliner is down I STRONGLY suggest going to the Epcot Depot or take a Rideshare and don't try the BWI buses-we have had HUGE waits there!

it was a mess trying to figure out where to go to catch the bus too
There were no signs anywhere

it was a mess trying to figure out where to go to catch the bus too
There were no signs anywhere

Yes,they only have this one sign right at the Skyliner(SORRY for the picture-it says Please Use Disney's Boardwalk Resort Bus Stop) which is fine if a Guest is familiar with BWI,but many are not.

They should set up signs all along the "route" to BWI Bus Depot when Skyliner is down.

Also we were talking with some other Guests one night and we all said they need a CM stationed at BWI Bus Depot to provide info to Guests.

Many just arrive there wondering if they are in the right place,how long before a bus comes,etc.

I am reading you can't get in without a mobile order ready for pickup.
They do sort of give that "impression" to Guests.

At the entrance to Everything Pop it "looks" like your only 2 options to enter are for the Gift Shop or for Mobile Order Pickup.

We even had a CM tell us the ONLY way to order food was through Mobile Order.

We eventually found out you CAN order at a register,etc.

They just REALLY want everyone using Mobile Order to avoid any lines forming at the register.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter