Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Food on a tray. The drinks are very wobbly on them. I saw many spilled on the pavement. Taking the tray back to our room, I spilled one myself and I saw a woman whose hot coffee fell off her tray onto her toddler. Be very careful. I asked for a bag and they never got one. I asked several employees and they all disappeared and no one came with a bag. I finally left because my food was going to be cold by the time I got it to the room.
I was at Pop a couple of weeks ago and couldn't believe they were putting the food on a tray. I ordered after returning from Epcot in the middle of a thunderstorm/monsoon. When I asked for a bag so I could take my food back to my room, I was told they didn't have any bags. When I asked the CM how I was supposed to carry a tray of food in pouring down rain, she reluctantly gave me a very small bag and said that was all they had. I had only ordered fries and a tie dye cheesecake, so luckily it fit.

I suppose they are using trays now since it's cheaper than using the brown paper bags with handles that they had in August. Interestingly, I went to the QS at Riviera Resort the next day and they had an abundance of those paper bags that have disappeared from Pop.

My suggestion is to bring some plastic bags with you or perhaps repurpose a merchandise bag or a reusable bag for transporting your food if you plan to eat in your room. I would also recommend bringing some paper plates as it is not easy to eat out of those little cardboard boxes.
I also have to say that I was pretty disappointed in the quality of the food at Pop. I used to love it, but other than the cheesecake, I didn't have anything that I actually liked.

If the skyliner is running, I highly recommend getting food from Primo Piatto or Bar Riva at Riviera Resort. If you have a car, go offsite for food. I found a Panera and a Chick fil a within a couple of miles.

Thank you.

I was at Pop a couple of weeks ago and couldn't believe they were putting the food on a tray. I ordered after returning from Epcot in the middle of a thunderstorm/monsoon. When I asked for a bag so I could take my food back to my room, I was told they didn't have any bags. When I asked the CM how I was supposed to carry a tray of food in pouring down rain, she reluctantly gave me a very small bag and said that was all they had. I had only ordered fries and a tie dye cheesecake, so luckily it fit.

I suppose they are using trays now since it's cheaper than using the brown paper bags with handles that they had in August. Interestingly, I went to the QS at Riviera Resort the next day and they had an abundance of those paper bags that have disappeared from Pop.

My suggestion is to bring some plastic bags with you or perhaps repurpose a merchandise bag or a reusable bag for transporting your food if you plan to eat in your room. I would also recommend bringing some paper plates as it is not easy to eat out of those little cardboard boxes.
I also have to say that I was pretty disappointed in the quality of the food at Pop. I used to love it, but other than the cheesecake, I didn't have anything that I actually liked.

If the skyliner is running, I highly recommend getting food from Primo Piatto or Bar Riva at Riviera Resort. If you have a car, go offsite for food. I found a Panera and a Chick fil a within a couple of miles.

I think the quality will return to Everything Pop post Covid.

The menu is very limited now so that they can quickly process orders and try to keep things from "backing up" and I think quality is also suffering because of this "rush".

Is the food court at Pop only pickup right now? Do we have to take all food we order back to our room to eat? I don’t mind the mobile ordering, just the rooms at pop are small, but normally it doesn’t matter since we spend hardly anytime there. Thanks for any clarification, just booked a trip for Dec. 18 and trying to get some info on new procedures in place.

i agree with you 100%. We bought some bottled drinks the first day to last the trip and I had a cup of coffee and had a heck of a time carrying that tray. We only ate once with food - wanted Mickey waffles and they were terrible. We had planned on another meal there and are at swan instead. The pop food court was just awful. We will not be eating there next trip. I will bring a bag for the bottled choc milks next time (my kid only gets choc milk when we stay at Disney lol)

Is the food court at Pop only pickup right now? Do we have to take all food we order back to our room to eat? I don’t mind the mobile ordering, just the rooms at pop are small, but normally it doesn’t matter since we spend hardly anytime there. Thanks for any clarification, just booked a trip for Dec. 18 and trying to get some info on new procedures in place.

you can sit in the dining area after you pick up your food

No, you don't have to take your food back to your room, they do have tables available. I usually travel solo, so prefer to take my food to go.

Are Surrey Bikes available at AOA or POP?
In the early days of Pop Century it did have Surrey Bike Rentals for a short time.

And a few years ago Art of Animation did have Surrey Bike Rentals for a while.

But evidently there just was not enough demand either time which is a little surprising as the "loop" around Hourglass Lake is a perfect spot for Surrey Bike riding.

call and have it noted in your reservation. Disney should have plenty, but the way everything else is, you want to make sure.

So I called the number listed on Disney's Pop Century page and they phone rep said to just call when we arrive. She said I should have no problem getting a crib or pack and play but she may have misspoke on getting a crib. Either way sounds like we should be okay.

ok another question: I'm keeping an eye on Hurricane Delta, if by chance it does come our way will Disney let me reschedule? I'm suppose to check in on Fri.? I know it says you have to cancel within 5 days, but if it's a hurricane would they let me cancel or reschedule?? Thanks for any info!

ok another question: I'm keeping an eye on Hurricane Delta, if by chance it does come our way will Disney let me reschedule? I'm suppose to check in on Fri.? I know it says you have to cancel within 5 days, but if it's a hurricane would they let me cancel or reschedule?? Thanks for any info!
We rescheduled our trip less than 24 hours before arrival in 2017 due to Hurricane Irma. In my case I chose to move our trip to a future date and did not request a refund so not sure what they had done if I actually wanted to cancel our trip. Also, the airports were closed in 2017 so I could not physically get to MCO which may/may not have made a difference.

Disney is normally pretty accommodating, especially when requesting to reschedule.

So, prior to the Skyliner opening in the morning, there are buses running between Pop and DHS?
No, currently there are not any buses running between Pop and DHS. Buses begin running to the parks approx 45-60 mins before the gates open and by that time the Skyliner is running.

Last edited:
No, currently there are not any buses running between Pop and DHS. Buses begin running to the parks approx 45-60 mins before the gates open and by that time the Skyliner is running.

Are there still licensed taxi's outside of Pop to grab in the morning?

The five day cancellation rule is not currently in effect. From disneyworld.com:

To provide additional flexibility, we are waiving Disney-imposed change and cancellation fees up to the date of check-in for reservations with arrivals through December 31, 2020. If Guests need further assistance, they can reach us at the Disney Reservation Center through our online chat feature or by calling our reservation line.

Please note that cancellation fees imposed by third-party suppliers, including airlines and rental cars, as well as non-refundable products like travel protection plans, are deducted from refundable amounts for Walt Disney Travel Company packages.

If you did not book through Disney directly, please contact your travel professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter