Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just booked a Preferred Pool View Room for the beginning of March. Online check in gives you options for room requests. But a lot of the things you can select to request should already be assumed because I booked a Preferred Pool View Room, right? Should I just leave the room requests alone? Or maybe just select if I want an upper or lower floor? I really want as close to lobby as possible.

I just booked a Preferred Pool View Room for the beginning of March. Online check in gives you options for room requests. But a lot of the things you can select to request should already be assumed because I booked a Preferred Pool View Room, right? Should I just leave the room requests alone? Or maybe just select if I want an upper or lower floor? I really want as close to lobby as possible.

Your room should be in the 60's section overlooking the Hippy Dippy pool.

Last edited:
We will be at POP in 7 days :rainbow: SO excited! This will be our first time and I'm curious about bus travel times. About how long (once you're on the bus) to get to Epcot and Magic Kingdom?

It looks as if the refurb will begin in February...........no specific details although the message on the Disney site implies "noise" during the day. My wife and I are doing a "test" stay in June.........not really worried about noise..........but if beds are really that uncomfortable..............o_O

Doug :goofy:

Your room should be in the 60's section overlooking the Hippy Dippy pool.
The preferred pool view is 50's and 60's. Both are 500 yards maximum from Classic Hall.

Any pictures and/or updates on the current progress on the refurb? We are heading to POP at the end of February. Thank you in advance for any information..

Thinking of heading back to Pop for our 2nd WDW trip in Feb/March of 2018. We loved our 1st stay, had the best time. I have 2 questions.

1. Would you consider a different resort or just go back to what you know?

2. I will be booking 2 rooms this time, any guarantee we can get them connected?

There is no guarantee on connecting rooms unless you have small children in one but you can request. When we have requested we got it half the time otherwise we had adjacent rooms but not connecting door.

Thinking of heading back to Pop for our 2nd WDW trip in Feb/March of 2018. We loved our 1st stay, had the best time. I have 2 questions.

2. I will be booking 2 rooms this time, any guarantee we can get them connected?

1. We're creatures of habit so we tend to stick with the same resort for several trips. Our last 7 trips break down like this: ASMo, Pop Century (3X), AoA (3X).

2. No guarantee for connecting rooms but we had great luck at Pop Century. We requested connecting rooms 3 times and got them every time (always traveling in late June when resorts are quite full). Our kids ranged in age from 4-17 the first time we requested connecting rooms and the 3 that traveled with us the last time we requested connecting rooms were ages 7-13. We always booked standard rooms and made "connecting rooms" our only request. Pop Century has the largest number of connecting rooms of all of the resorts so we always stuck with that resort when we needed connecting rooms because it offered the best odds. Once AoA opened, we started booking a suite there so we didn't have to worry about getting connecting rooms. It's more expensive than 2 room at Pop, but the benefits outweigh the extra cost for our family.

Given the choice we would stay at a different resort every time but that's not always an option. I've just booked my 5th stay at POP in a two year period. The first of those 5 was by choice and the next 4 were either because there was nothing else available or because we were avoiding teams at the All Stars. Over the years we have stayed at all the values and all the mods.

Never a guarantee of connecting rooms but the odds are decent. There are a lot of connecting rooms.

We're booked at Pop May 27-June 2 with a Preferred room. Our girls, ages 3 and 5, would LOVE the Murphy bed. Where should we request a room increase the probability of getting one?

We're booked at Pop May 27-June 2 with a Preferred room. Our girls, ages 3 and 5, would LOVE the Murphy bed. Where should we request a room increase the probability of getting one?
You will have to wait until after they start the reno. There may or may not be any preferred rooms finished at the end of May. It will depend on where they start. Your best option in any case is to have the request added to your reservation.

Still excited about our upcoming trip, but really though renovations are started and that we might have a renovated room. I've received 2 emails that renovations would be going on during our stay. Received one late December and another 1 over 2 weeks ago.

Booked our August trip and we will be back at Pop. I was thinking my boys (10&12) might want to try a different resort, maybe one of the All Stars but when I asked them where they would like to stay if we were going to WDW it was an unanimous vote for Pop. So excited, it has been too long since our last trip (2012) and can't wait to go back. Let the planning begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter