Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I didn't, I've been off for the last month so there was just to many pages to go through. I didn't imply or state that anyone should do it one or the other, I was just stating what has worked for me the last 10 years. I don't know what works best and what doesn't, just what my experience is. If using TP works for some people then continue to use them. I didn't mean to make any made or defensive.

Got it. Since you quoted the post that started with "Would love to see your statistics on this..." and agreed with it, it seemed like you were questioning/doubting the previous observations. My mistake. Sorry for misunderstanding your intention. :grouphug:

I'll be checking into Pop in a week. I booked preferred before I knew of the refurbs. I'd like to try and get 90s or 80s now just to see the new rooms and I've requested that thru online check in, but since it contradicts with "preferred" should I call? Who do I call if all calls go to a call center? TIA

I'll be checking into Pop in a week. I booked preferred before I knew of the refurbs. I'd like to try and get 90s or 80s now just to see the new rooms and I've requested that thru online check in, but since it contradicts with "preferred" should I call? Who do I call if all calls go to a call center? TIA

Since you booked a preferred room, it is extremely unlikely you will get a room in the 80s or 90s.

I booked preferred. What buildings are the preferred rooms in? I was also hoping for a refurbished room.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone on here for the great tips and info. We stayed at Pop for the first time last Tuesday through Thursday and had a great stay! Preferred room 343 in the 70s, had no issues with the room, check-in, or anything else. Only downfall was we did not get a king-sized bed as I'd requested, but I knew I was taking that chance by putting online check-in for 70s building and close to transportation. We were very, very close to the bus stop, so I was so happier with that anyways :)

No, I think your closure date is right, but I thought it just opened the last week of July. Someone had read somewhere it was supposed to open 7/24; it didn't quite make that, but was close. I'll have to go back and check the POP Renovations thread; there were posts when we first started to hear of people checking into 9.

Yep, I had fat-fingered that one. An my previous post was wrong anyway. I had in my notes that building 9 opened on 25 June (not July 4th from my previous post). It appears that the correct open date for Building 9 was either July 25 or 26.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/pop-century-room-renovations.3573071/page-117#post-57966656

So ~94 days for building 8 and 82 days for building 9.

Early on in the refurb thread someone had noted the renovation schedule that was posted on the windows appeared to show each "section" was scheduled to take 20 days. I've always assumed that a "section" was a wing with 3 wings per building. Unfortunately they are not meeting that schedule. :(

https://www.disboards.com/threads/pop-century-room-renovations.3573071/page-3#post-57233352

Got it. Since you quoted the post that started with "Would love to see your statistics on this..." and agreed with it, it seemed like you were questioning/doubting the previous observations. My mistake. Sorry for misunderstanding your intention. :grouphug:

That's ok, no harm done. :hug:

Any reports of how the noise is over by the 50's with the gondola construction?

Yes, normally they do all they can to accommodate requests. But when the request means changing room categories, it's extremely rare.

Thank you. I'm still hopeful, I did send my fax with the first line about how know we booked a preferred room but really want a room in the 80s section! I also called. I will probably call again today to make sure my request is showing up.

And since we have two consecutives reservations (2 nights room only + 11 nights package), I can probably nicely insist for our second reservation at that point! They can "gift" another family with a preferred room and give us a standard room lol ;)

Does the Food court have a Fixings bar (lettuce, tomato, onions) or does the staff garnish the burgers, hot dogs, sandwiches?

2 weeks until check in! :cool1: Looking into breakfasts at the resort, does anyone have a list of snack credit options for breakfast at the food court? I tried googling menus, but nothing lists what counts for snacks. TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter