Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone currently at Pop interested in a few small bottles of Dasani water? Leaving tomorrow and we have a few left over.

I cannot guarantee 100% that it's working but, I just added an online request for a room selection (displaying again after it was MIA after most recent website overhaul) and even after logging out and back in my requests for 60's and 70's are still displaying.

Fluke or Fix? Time will tell!! :D

It worked for me to add them for both my reservations, too! I kinda wish there was an "upper floor" option instead of just "highest floor", since I really just don't want to be on the ground floor. Coronado did have an upper and highest option.

Sorry if this is a repeated question but I have to call to link or request several rooms to be near each other at POP. I've been lucky and always received our requests but can't for the life of me remember how far ahead I called. How early do you typically do this? I also can't remember, do I call the Disney reservation line or POP directly?

TIA!

How does one go about requesting a room and which standard section of Pop would be best for less walking to the buses?

How does one go about requesting a room and which standard section of Pop would be best for less walking to the buses?
We always call the reservations number and we were in building 10 with a standard room. It was extremely easy to get to the bus stop from there. You could call and just request close to transportation.

I cannot guarantee 100% that it's working but, I just added an online request for a room selection (displaying again after it was MIA after most recent website overhaul) and even after logging out and back in my requests for 60's and 70's are still displaying.

Fluke or Fix? Time will tell!! :D

Thanks for the heads up. It's there for me to choose. Unfortunately "ground floor" isn't a choice to pick, but happy for those this will help!

Sorry if this is a repeated question but I have to call to link or request several rooms to be near each other at POP. I've been lucky and always received our requests but can't for the life of me remember how far ahead I called. How early do you typically do this?

Any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.

I also can't remember, do I call the Disney reservation line or POP directly?

TIA!

There is no way to call any WDW resort directly. Just call the Main Reservations line.

Sorry if this question has been asked before (I have tried searching through all the posts) but do the rooms at POP have any USB ports for phone charging? Trying to figure out our electronic charging plan :) TIA!

Got all excited and tried but got an error to “Please come back later” and now I can’t even view my plans.
This happened to me also yesterday when I attempted to go back in and change my already selected room requests. I logged out, logged back in and could see that my changes were kept even though I received the error.

Sorry if this question has been asked before (I have tried searching through all the posts) but do the rooms at POP have any USB ports for phone charging? Trying to figure out our electronic charging plan :) TIA!
Just a warning that some have reported when using the USB charging ports that they have had troubles with their electronics afterwards. In one case they had to completely reformat their device.

It may be coincidence but I'm not willing to find out so I take a bunch of wall chargers with me rather than just the USB cords.

Question about room requests. We are checking in on 12/16. We will have two rooms with 6 kids and two adults. I plan to fax a request for connecting rooms a few days prior to check-in, and I’ve read that if something like this is really important I should make no other requests. So, with online check-in I did request 60s section, lake view for both rooms hoping this will at least help ensure our rooms are near one another. Connecting rooms was not an option on the drop-down.

Should I keep these requests in place online, or remove them to increase the likelihood of connecting rooms? Also, is it 5 days out I should fax my request?

Any actual success stories with connecting rooms at Pop is appreciated! For what it’s worth, we arrive late, probably 9pm or later to the resort.

Question about room requests. We are checking in on 12/16. We will have two rooms with 6 kids and two adults. I plan to fax a request for connecting rooms a few days prior to check-in, and I’ve read that if something like this is really important I should make no other requests. So, with online check-in I did request 60s section, lake view for both rooms hoping this will at least help ensure our rooms are near one another. Connecting rooms was not an option on the drop-down.

Should I keep these requests in place online, or remove them to increase the likelihood of connecting rooms? Also, is it 5 days out I should fax my request?

Any actual success stories with connecting rooms at Pop is appreciated! For what it’s worth, we arrive late, probably 9pm or later to the resort.
I would remove those two online if connecting rooms is your most important request. You should be fine to fax it at any time I think but I’ve only called so I might be wrong

I would remove those two online if connecting rooms is your most important request. You should be fine to fax it at any time I think but I’ve only called so I might be wrong

I agree with removing location request from online and leaving online requests blank since connecting rooms is your only true priority You can call and request connecting rooms. A fax can also be sent but they recommend doing that around 5 days prior to your arrival, not much sooner. Calling in requests can be done any time from booking to about 3 days prior to arrival.

I booked a trip for my cousin’s family of 6. They were at Pop in Aug of this year and were able to get connecting rooms. Hopefully you will be just fine if this is your only request.

Since you’re arriving late in the evening, if they do not assign you connecting rooms, possibly they could move you the following day? Hopefully this will not be necessary though, just providing an option if your first rooms do not connect and they cannot move you the day you arrive. Stopping at checking upon arrival you can find out if initial rooms connect and discuss options if you need to.

Have a great trip!! We’ll be headed hone on Disney’s Sad-gicsl Express as you arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter