Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know the answer to this, but perhaps you could use battery operated lights? We use these outside at home and they cycle 6 hours on and 18 hours off. So if you turn them on the first time around the time you’d like them to come on they will be lit and waiting when you come ‘home’ each night without having to be on all day.
I second this. We have candles that sit in our windowsills that also run on the 18 hr off/6 hr on cycle

We arrived last night, we had requested bathtub, 60's and pref top floor. We got assigned room 5221 which sort off matched 2 of my request. There is a bathtub however it is very low, I think its an accessible room as there is open space under the sink, no door between sink and toilet and no storage room in the bathroom.
When we checked in we were offered to decline housekeeping even though we bought UK tickets (through attraction tickets direct).

So far I haven't heard any neighbors yet other than flushing toilets, which we also hear at home. The air-conditioning is the noisiest thing I can hear.
I do have to say it was and probably still is, disgustingly warm. :p

I never paid attention last time we stayed after the refurb but, does anyone have any idea how close an electrical outlet is to the window? I want to decorate my window with Christmas decorations and I don’t know if I can plug in lights or if I just need to hang tinsel around the window. I did look for pictures of the rooms at the beginning of this thread but, they are all pre-refurb pictures. Thanks!
33855815043cb011222c19724f49f147b50aab8ec4c4996d551932b00876f5ea22348d10.jpg

Just a heads up that this is not the layout of most rooms. The majority of rooms have the beds on the same wall as the angled door. This picture appears to be a non-standard layout.

Normally there are not plugs that close to the window. (There are not plugs under the window.) There are plugs in the coffee station but these appear to still require a
Small extension cord to reach the windows.

upload_2018-12-3_12-23-57.jpeg

We are arriving at Pop Century in one week (yay!) and we know we want to have our coffee in the room before heading to the parks each day. We stayed at SSR on our last trip and packed our own bag of coffee and sugar, but I've read that the coffee, sugar and creamer for the new coffee pots at Pop are all provided and will be replenished by Mousekeeping at no cost if you request more. Is this true? I'm having a hard time accepting the fact that anything would be free haha.

We are arriving at Pop Century in one week (yay!) and we know we want to have our coffee in the room before heading to the parks each day. We stayed at SSR on our last trip and packed our own bag of coffee and sugar, but I've read that the coffee, sugar and creamer for the new coffee pots at Pop are all provided and will be replenished by Mousekeeping at no cost if you request more. Is this true? I'm having a hard time accepting the fact that anything would be free haha.
Yes, it is true. There will only be 2 pouches of regular and 2 decaf coffee and a few creamers and sugar packets when you check in though. I use a bigger cup than what is provided so I go through both packets of coffee to brew one cup of coffee. If you'll need more than 2 per day I suggest calling down to housekeeping and requesting them to bring more when you get in. When I've requested additional coffee supplies they have always brought a large amount.

Yes, it is true. There will only be 2 pouches of regular and 2 decaf coffee and a few creamers and sugar packets when you check in though. I use a bigger cup than what is provided so I go through both packets of coffee to brew one cup of coffee. If you'll need more than 2 per day I suggest calling down to housekeeping and requesting them to bring more when you get in. When I've requested additional coffee supplies they have always brought a large amount.

Thank you! Such a nice surprise that we don't have to bring our own. I'll be sure to call ahead for extra when we check-in. Thanks for the tip!

I've never faxed a room request before...I'll be faxing my request next week. Do I just fax to "room assigner" with my ressie number and my request?

Just a heads up that this is not the layout of most rooms. The majority of rooms have the beds on the same wall as the angled door. This picture appears to be a non-standard layout.

Normally there are not plugs that close to the window. (There are not plugs under the window.) There are plugs in the coffee station but these appear to still require a
Small extension cord to reach the windows.

View attachment 368214
Thanks! I’m going to try to get this done one way or another. Be it battery operated or plug. If all else fails I’ll put garland up that doesn’t need lights. :santa: The window will be decorated one way or another!

Thanks! I’m going to try to get this done one way or another. Be it battery operated or plug. If all else fails I’ll put garland up that doesn’t need lights. :santa: The window will be decorated one way or another!
I purchased battery operated lights and suction cup hooks to hopefully decorate our windows at Pop in a few days. I didn’t see any with timers although that is a great idea!

4 sleeps..... wheeee!

I've never faxed a room request before...I'll be faxing my request next week. Do I just fax to "room assigner" with my ressie number and my request?
I have never faxed a room request before to POP, what is the best number to use?

I purchased battery operated lights and suction cup hooks to hopefully decorate our windows at Pop in a few days. I didn’t see any with timers although that is a great idea!

4 sleeps..... wheeee!
I can’t find any with timers either, with the exception of tiny wire lights for wreaths.

3 sleeps left for us! Woohoo!!

Timer would be an amazing add to battery lights! I need to decide if I'm going to decorate this year!

@scrappinginontario please keep us updated on availability (if any) of the christmas mugs at Pop! I think I arrive when you leave. If you are there on the 14th I hope you get to participate in the Pop birthday celebration! Have a wonderful trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter